Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 06-06-2006, 11:57   #16
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Naw, they're GTG right out the box.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:05   #17
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Takes all the fun out of new boots........
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 19:46   #18
skipjack
Auxiliary

I have a pair of "Original Duty" desert boots (bought them at Yadkin Boots), they make a SWAT version as well, but I'm not sure what the difference is. Anyway, so far they have brought me through Phase II, SERE and almost through Phase III, so far. Love them! Other than not being water proof, I have no problem with them. They are light and very comfortable, right out of the box. I heard the Bates are very comfortable as well, I'll have to try those as well.

-skipjack
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 17:36   #19
El Cid
Auxiliary

When I was looking for new boots last year or so I was told by several PJ/CRO buddies that the GSG9s were squeaky and slippery on wet surfaces, as well as not holding up well.

I saved $$ and got what I think are great boots in the 5.11 HRTs. Having been assigned to a HQ job though, they have not yet seen field work. Just my .02.
El Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 19:23   #20
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Every pair of boots I've ever had have squeaked and/or slipped on wet linoleum.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-17-2006, 04:57   #21
Basicload
Asset

I have never seen green GSG-9's. Anyone have a vendor/link/price?

I like the idea of a non-leather GSG-9 for urban desert work.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18   #22
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basicload

I've heard people talk about it, but never any one that has seen them first hand. I think it was either a unit buy or is urban legend.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:21   #23
Basicload
Asset

I remember how I felt when I found out that there was no Santa. It felt kind of like this.

Old 06-17-2006, 14:18   #24
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Boots

I had the same problems with the GSG9'S. The rubber started to peel away in less then a year and they are very hot. Most important the price is outrages. Mine were issued. There are so many more high quality boots out there at reasonable prices. My latest is the Blackhawk Warrior Wear. Been using them for a month and GTG so far. When ordering from Oakley remember anyone in the Military, LEO or working for any Anti Terrorism organization gets a discount. Last time I ordered from Oakley I Faxed them a copy of my last contract and received about 30% off. This was a year ago. Don't know if they still do it. Most gear companies have this policy but don't advertise it. You have to ask. Anytime you do a contract always ask for some type of letter Head stating your employment. Some Contracts have sensitive info on them you don’t want people to see.
Old 06-17-2006, 18:32   #25
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I remember how I felt when I found out that there was no Santa. It felt kind of like this.

LOL

Ssssh, The Ranger Regiment CSM isn't really God.....
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-17-2006, 21:34   #26
Brother Rat
Auxiliary

Quote:

Here's a link. They're on eBay pretty often, mostly from the UK.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADIDAS-GSG9-F-JU...QQcmdZViewItem
Brother Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 19:23   #27
geronimo
Asset

Quote:

There are a couple of guys here who have them. I'll try to find out where they got their boots the next time I see them.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:54   #28
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I've heard people talk about it, but never any one that has seen them first hand. I think it was either a unit buy or is urban legend.
I have the jungle green GSG9s. I bought them off Ebay a year ago, they came from England and they cost me about $140 shipped. I have worn them a ton and the uppers are holding up extremely well, but the soft rubber soles are not faring so well. They are more comfortable than any others I have tried, and I will buy another pair of jungles and/or a pair of deserts as soon as I can find them.

Please note that I am not a HSLD bad mutha running through bombed out wreckage, but as everyday civilian footwear, they have served me well.

Good times,
Blake
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 20:39   #29
Basicload
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL

Ssssh, The Ranger Regiment CSM isn't really God.....
I figured that one out years ago, but of course he is the USASOC CSM now and has brought SF command under his spit shined green jungle boot! LOL!

CSMs above BN level serve no practical purpose. The guy in charge of Iraq was my CSM 13 years ago. CSM for 13 years!!!! What kind of touch does he have with the enlisted man?

Anyway back on subject. Geronimo, get me some poop on these magic shoes. I'm thinking that E-bay will not have them in 12.5.

Hey I'm stuck in your big FOB down south waiting for a flight up north. Why are you not here to pick me up in an Air Conditioned NTV and take me out for Green Beans double non-fat rasberry mocha Chai latte with a twist? Consider yourself counseled......
Old 06-20-2006, 20:46   #30
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

JJ Mellinger?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?