Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 06-06-2004, 09:28   #31
Polar Bear
Auxiliary

Try LL Bean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l35984_thyme.jpg (48.0 KB, 210 views)
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:53   #32
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Definitely has possibilities. Thanks.

Only $65 from bean? What's the catch?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:27   #33
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'm thinking this and the SPEAR fleece jacket. make sense?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:29   #34
ghuinness

Just a suggestion: saddlers.

Here is one example:. Not cheap, but this stuff is made to last and be used in all weather.

Dover Saddlery has a bunch of unisex jackets as well. You need
to navigate the page: www.doversaddlery.com (search on jackets)

My .02

Last edited by ghuinness; 06-11-2004 at 09:09.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:33   #35
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

No, I don't think so. But the pics of the girl in the boots and riding pants with the little hat is kind of hot. Thanks.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:45   #36
Polar Bear
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Definitely has possibilities. Thanks.

Only $65 from bean? What's the catch?
It's waterproof and that is it, no liner. I personally like jackets w/ zip out liners or none at all. With a stitch in liner they are either hotter than hell when it gets above 40 or not worth a shit if it gets below freezing.

Just my .02
Old 06-06-2004, 12:16   #37
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'm going to try the LL Bean thing with the SPEAR fleece. I like the idea of a quick pullover with no liner for the rain as well. That SPEAR thing should more than handle the cold.

I'll wait for the Goretex for later. I like it as well.

Thanks Polar.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 12:33   #38
Polar Bear
Auxiliary

Your Welcome, It also comes in tall sizes which is a plus
Old 06-06-2004, 12:40   #39
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thanks everybody for your ideas. The feedback is greatly appreciated. Boss, if you get out around Colorado in your travels and a 10th Group guy happens to leave his Goretex out...
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 17:53   #40
Sigi
BANNED USER

I know this is lame, but I live in NE Ohio, and this thread was a great help for me since I haven't bought a warm winter jacket in 10 years. 6 months from now I don't want to walk into a store unprepared. Good stuff.

You just never know what you're going to learn here.

NDD...Here is hoping you keep warm.

(Hijack over.)
Sigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 18:02   #41
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigi
I know this is lame, but I live in NE Ohio, and this thread was a great help for me since I haven't bought a warm winter jacket in 10 years. 6 months from now I don't want to walk into a store unprepared. Good stuff.

You just never know what you're going to learn here.

NDD...Here is hoping you keep warm.

(Hijack over.)
Why is it lame? There are guys here like the 10th Group guys that are experts on this stuff, not to mention the research done by the gearmasters and the experiences of the Reaper. I am not a cold weather expert and apparently neither are you. Lame is not going to the SMEs to get an answer to a question.

Hoping I keep warm is more lame than learning about jackets from a thread. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 18:56   #42
Sigi
BANNED USER

Lame is living in NE Ohio and never bothering to find a "jacket" that kept me warm. I bought a 'cool' leather jacket 2 years ago that made me look cool, but I froze my ass off.

Lame is living here all my life and never bothering to find warm clothing.

Smart is disregarding the "nerd" factor that warm weather jackets use to have and actually making a purchase.

I am done being "cool" and am finally OK with being warm. Maybe that is because I have a hot women now and do not need to freeze my but off going to taverns.

That is not lame. But point is taken NDD.

(I still feel the need to be cool, though.)

Old 06-06-2004, 19:04   #43
Sigi
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

Hoping I keep warm is more lame than learning about jackets from a thread. LOL
Well, don't I feel like a jackass. I know your SOTB, so keeping warm should not be an issue.

But didn't you ask about warm weather gear? Hmm, maybe it gets cold when you leave town. Hey, what do I know. LOL.
Old 06-06-2004, 19:05   #44
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I have a hot women now
Is this plural or not?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-06-2004, 19:11   #45
Jimbo
Guerrilla

If rain, no fleece. Go with a soft shell.

http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/images/p...Jacket_240.jpg
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote