Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-05-2017, 20:17   #106
Sohei
Area Commander

He should be condemned to a career consisting of handing out implements for working parties.

A command of one....
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 20:25   #107
Box
Quiet Professional

Consider this...

Rapone is an overt subversive.
It was well known during his time at West POint.
He was booted from the 75th for reasons unknown - and was still recommended to go to USMA.
His command is aware of his behavior.
His behavior is just about as IN.YOUR.FACE. as possible and has been for quite some time.
...and yet, I can still hear Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's voice in my head, asking Private Joker why he is not stomping his guts out.

Now...
consider these added thoughts:
He had classmates at "the point" that supported and enabled his behavior.
Nobody knows who "they" are.
They are also leading troops, but with much less scrutiny.
West Point has a pattern of tolerating this new brand of individual expression; remember the Black Power Cadets from a year or so ago?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/us/wes...oto/index.html
No action was taken on them either.
West Point = striving for mediocrity.
Leaders are conspicuously aware of this new trend in activist behavior and they don't seem to care.

Nothing to see here...
...move along
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 10-05-2017 at 20:45.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 20:28   #108
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Consider this...

Rapone is an overt subversive.
It was well known during his time at West POint.
He was booted from the 75th for reasons unknown - and was still recommended to go to USMA.
His command is aware of his behavior.
His behavior is just about as IN.YOUR.FACE. as possible and has been for quite some time.
...and yet, I can still hear Gunnery Sergeant Hartman's voice in my head, asking Private Joker why he is not stomping his guts out.

Now...
consider these added thoughts:
He had classmates at "the point" that supported and enabled his behavior.
Nobody knows who "they" are.
They are also leading troops, but with much less scrutiny.
Leaders are conspicuously aware of this and dont seem to care.

Nothing to see here...
...move along
Was he actually booted from the 75th or did his acceptance to WP come through and he had to leave?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 20:58   #109
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Was he actually booted from the 75th or did his acceptance to WP come through and he had to leave?

Pat

Supposedly:
LOM'd as a Private.
Quit Ranger School in class 6-17
Coincidentally, this shitstain is in the same brigade as brAdley manNing was before he solidified his legacy as transgendered traitor

Rapone's nomination for attendance at the USMA came from former dem0cratic Rep. Jas0n Altmire of Pennsylvania.

I'd love to see this guy get his just reward, but he will probably get treated no worse than the officer that made cadets go for a walk in high heels for equality

very confusing times that we are living in
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 21:25   #110
Penn
Area Commander

Quote:
How was this Fk allowed to graduate and be commissioned? Are the powers that be at WP blind, deaf...dumb?
I don't have your answer, but the progressives control the educational system, the last remaining obstacle would be the military academies.

Arguably, Obama gutted the military warrior leadership of America, its not such a far walk to envision an encroachment into the foundations of our cultural values.

Last edited by Penn; 10-05-2017 at 21:29.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 21:34   #111
Razor
Quiet Professional

Sadly, the cadet personnel policy at USMA shifted about 15 years ago from attrition (i.e., here is the standard--meet it or be separated) to retention (you have potential, so its our job to keep you around to help you reach it). Like Box said, Rapone was caught because he was overt. There are more than a few pacifists, McChrystal-like anti-gunners, SJWs and a whole slew of just plain old failures (failed multiple classes per semester, failed APFT/IOCT, refusals to train, etc.) across the Corps. Many are there for the 'free' education, with no motivation to become Army officers.

I can't fully blame the cadets themselves, as it is the adult leadership that is failing the school and ultimately the Army. Caslen, the Superintendent the last 4+ years, fosters this malignant environment, focusing on diversity, a winning football team and crucifying any young man accused of sexual harassment/assault as an example of how much he supports these skewed SJW agendas. As a Direct Reporting Unit, USMA falls under the SECARMY, so Milley could easily correct this listing ship by firing the easily identified cancerous leaders, but in the GO/FO "go along to get along" way, nothing will be done and Caslen will continue as Supe until he chooses to retire.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:01   #112
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Coincidentally, this shitstain is in the same brigade as brAdley manNing was before he solidified his legacy as transgendered traitor

Rapone's nomination for attendance at the USMA came from former dem0cratic Rep. Jas0n Altmire of Pennsylvania.
He was also a classmate of the 1st WP trans..

http://www.newnownext.com/riley-dosh...y-ban/07/2017/

Dosh also graduated with a shirt under his coat??

"straight out of the closet"

I see a trend...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r_dosh3.jpg (69.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg r dash.jpg (130.8 KB, 83 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:49   #113
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
He was also a classmate of the 1st WP trans..

http://www.newnownext.com/riley-dosh...y-ban/07/2017/

Dosh also graduated with a shirt under his coat??

"straight out of the closet"

I see a trend...
That's whacked....sorry, but He-She still looks like a man dressed in drag. Gosh, just stop it already, you Mr./Miss Dosh are "not" a women....believe me...LOL

Quote:
Consider this...

Nothing to see here...
...move along

LOL...So WHY is no one "Stomping his Guts Out" right about now.......Any Takers?

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:55   #114
bblhead672
Area Commander

I sense these are the military leaders who will be willing to command troops to kill their fellow Americans who resist the government.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:56   #115
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

My first bit of knowledge about USMA at the time came from books I found in my high school library. These books had been written shortly after WWII and some had been written in the 1970's. So, I came away with such a respect for the institution, for the people who made it there and - most importantly - from te officers who graduated from there.

After having been commissioned into the Army and during my "upbringing" from within the light infantry (10th Mountain Div., in my case), and later, from within the 1st SF Regiment, I found that while USMA is a top tier institution of education, attendance to it does not promise top tier military performance from its graduates.

When I attended the officer basic course, shortly after my commissioning, I found that the bulk of USMA graduates behaved like a bunch of frat boys. One of them, whom I befriended while there (he left the Army after his 5-year stint was over, as I understand it), put it to me this way: "You see, we get locked up in this quasi-military environment for four years. Can you imagine some version of 'boot camp' for four years? That is what it is like. When we finally leave that place, we want to experience all the other things you guys from ROTC or OCS have already experienced. When you guys commission, you are ready to work. When we commission, we are ready to play."

Now, certainly this does not speak for every USMA graduate. I've met a number of outstanding officers in my time, USMA graduates among them. But, USMA is not the institution I read about back in the 90's. Maybe the tales about the academy were inflated then, or maybe the institution has shifted dangerously to the wrong side of America's societal spectrum.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:00   #116
tonyz
Area Commander

Slight thread drift - but still pertaining to our service academies. A midshipman who actually attended the event at the USNA discussed in excerpted article below - showed me the video (months ago) also embedded in the story below.

The young man showing me the video was troubled by this performance during such an important event - and he is troubled that fully 1/2 of his class were attending the USNA merely for the "free" education..."5 and dive" - in his experience there really is no strong commitment to military service per se for about 1/2 of those attending.

On the other hand, on the glass half full side - fully 1/2 are enthusiastically striving for a successful military career. Complete article at link - excerpts below. The embedded video speaks for itself.

http://popularmilitary.com/naval-cad...hip-selection/

Naval cadet, cheerleader gives flamboyant performance during ship selection

By Staff Writer| April 13th, 2017|Military News, U.S. Navy, Videos|

A US Navy midshipman and former high school cheerleader flamboyantly strutted down to find out his assignment during the Surface Warfare Officer Ship Selection ceremony and the end of January- and a lot of military personnel aren’t happy about it.

In a video posted online, Midshipman Jarred Reid-Dixon hip-swayed his way down to the selection board amid the cheers of his peers. The video’s caption read: “Meanwhile in the #Navy Graduation Ceremony. Watch our new officer coming through.”

However, Reid-Dixon’s feminine and flamboyant behaviour in uniform -particularly at such an important event- was not well-received by the internet.

“That guy just made a mockery of everything the Navy stands for,” one commenter said. “No pride or professionalism there.”

Others noted that while Reid-Dixon is (presumably) a homosexual, there is no reason for him to act in such a why while in uniform.

The ceremony involves Midshipmen First Class walking down (called by order of merit and class ranking, according to a matrix of physical, academic and military criteria) to a large board bearing names of duty assignments and ships. Upon arrival to the board, Midshipmen make selections of where they want to go and what ship they wish to be aboard. The options available to the midshipmen for selection include a variety of Navy ships, such as destroyers and frigates. According to DoD Live, “Midshipmen are only permitted to choose from the selection still available at the time their name is called.”

“For SWO selects, this is the single biggest moment of their time at USNA other than commissioning,”
said Lt. Nick Driscoll, Ship Selection coordinator for 2017 at Annapolis, in a military press release. “This is a unique opportunity for these midshipmen to hand-select their ship and homeport. From now on, their time in the Navy will be spent putting in preferences and crossing their fingers that they get what they requested.”

The Midshipmen receive their assignments on May 26 after fully graduating, with many high-ranking naval staff in attendance at their prior ship selection ceremony, including Commander of US Fleet Forces Command Admiral Philip S Davidson.

With that in mind, it isn’t surprising that many people took this the wrong way.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 10-06-2017 at 08:11.
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:00   #117
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Slight thread drift - but still pertaining to our service academies. A midshipman who actually attended the event at the USNA discussed in excerpted article below - showed me the video (months ago) also embedded in the story below.

The young man showing me the video was troubled by this performance during such an important event - and he is troubled that fully 1/2 of his class were attending the USNA merely for the "free" education..."5 and dive" - in his experience there really is no strong commitment to military service per se for about 1/2 of those attending.

On the other hand, on the glass half full side - fully 1/2 are enthusiastically striving for a successful military career. Complete article at link - excerpts below. The embedded video speaks for itself.

http://popularmilitary.com/naval-cad...hip-selection/

Naval cadet, cheerleader gives flamboyant performance during ship selection

By Staff Writer| April 13th, 2017|Military News, U.S. Navy, Videos|

A US Navy midshipman and former high school cheerleader flamboyantly strutted down to find out his assignment during the Surface Warfare Officer Ship Selection ceremony and the end of January- and a lot of military personnel aren’t happy about it.

In a video posted online, Midshipman Jarred Reid-Dixon hip-swayed his way down to the selection board amid the cheers of his peers. The video’s caption read: “Meanwhile in the #Navy Graduation Ceremony. Watch our new officer coming through.”

However, Reid-Dixon’s feminine and flamboyant behaviour in uniform -particularly at such an important event- was not well-received by the internet.

“That guy just made a mockery of everything the Navy stands for,” one commenter said. “No pride or professionalism there.”

Others noted that while Reid-Dixon is (presumably) a homosexual, there is no reason for him to act in such a why while in uniform.

The ceremony involves Midshipmen First Class walking down (called by order of merit and class ranking, according to a matrix of physical, academic and military criteria) to a large board bearing names of duty assignments and ships. Upon arrival to the board, Midshipmen make selections of where they want to go and what ship they wish to be aboard. The options available to the midshipmen for selection include a variety of Navy ships, such as destroyers and frigates. According to DoD Live, “Midshipmen are only permitted to choose from the selection still available at the time their name is called.”

“For SWO selects, this is the single biggest moment of their time at USNA other than commissioning,”
said Lt. Nick Driscoll, Ship Selection coordinator for 2017 at Annapolis, in a military press release. “This is a unique opportunity for these midshipmen to hand-select their ship and homeport. From now on, their time in the Navy will be spent putting in preferences and crossing their fingers that they get what they requested.”

The Midshipmen receive their assignments on May 26 after fully graduating, with many high-ranking naval staff in attendance at their prior ship selection ceremony, including Commander of US Fleet Forces Command Admiral Philip S Davidson.

With that in mind, it isn’t surprising that many people took this the wrong way.
He was just too excited thinking about his exposure to all the seamen.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:09   #118
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
He was just too excited thinking about his exposure to all the seamen.
He did exhibit some exuberance - and Doc u went there !!

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:38   #119
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Found it,,

link: Dancing Dandy

The AF and Army have stopped enlistments, just this yr..
He should have been told he's DQ, non-select..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tis/101527662/

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:56   #120
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
The most disturbing thing about that dance was all the cheering!

All that was needed at lower levels was the mere threat of ramifications for deviant behavior. Turned out to be more of an urban legend than an actual event for us because we all pulled together as a unit. One of the more rewarding experiences in a life! Unfortunately that experience will be unknown for these individuals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleaning up Your Own Act.jpg (42.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg B.P..jpg (28.1 KB, 20 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 10-07-2017 at 10:28.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote