Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 03-13-2012, 22:05   #1
Paslode
Area Commander

Study Finds Heart Disease Drug Combats Racism

Talk about bias, labeling and discrimination...I had hopes the likes of David Duke would have been accompanied by King Shabazz and Louie Farrakahn....they even called them 'White people' instead of the appropriate term Caucasian.

Quote:
Thirty-six white people were used in the study, with half getting propranolol and the other half getting a placebo. Researchers then used a feeling thermometer to rate how “warm” they felt toward different groups.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...ombats-racism/
Old 03-13-2012, 22:19   #2
steel71
Guerrilla

More race baiting from the corporate media, that never happens.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:32   #3
Dozer523
BANNED USER

What a waste of time and effort. While at IOBC in 1979 a bunch of walked into a soul food restaurant in Phoenix City and got "treated".
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51   #4
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Hey, cool! Give it to all those haters like the followers of Derrick Bell and Farrakhan, then.

Land sakes! Wonder if you could use estrogen treatment to cut down on the He-Man Woman Haters like Limbaugh and his ilk, too?

(Not the liberal woman-haters, though-they're just comedians.)
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59   #5
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel71 View Post
More race baiting from the corporate media, that never happens.
Here's another link with a more in depth explanation of what happened and the concerns of some.

All joking aside this could be the first step in getting racism classified in the DSM, and like ADHD this diagnosis would bring in a windfall of cash to the psychiatric and pharmaceutical industries.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/stor...1#.T2CUxfX2U8A
Old 03-14-2012, 07:20   #6
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Here's another link with a more in depth explanation of what happened and the concerns of some.

All joking aside this could be the first step in getting racism classified in the DSM, and like ADHD this diagnosis would bring in a windfall of cash to the psychiatric and pharmaceutical industries.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/stor...1#.T2CUxfX2U8A
lol Not so fast. You're referring to a study which included 36 whites.
You get a cluster of New Black Panthers or some Nation of Islamites to do it, then we'll see what happens.

Or is "racism" now defined as only practiced by whites?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:54   #7
JimP
Quiet Professional

wait a minute...think this through: if us crackers can get this classified as a "disease" under the DSMV, the gravy train will park in our driveway as nothing would be our "our fault". Its the fault of government and we'll need Gubmint assistance; preferred admissions in elite schools and colleges; job preferences; contract set-asides for us poor racist, ignorant crackers; never having to admit that we might just be a stupid, ignorant cracker lacking a work ethic as everything will be someone else's fault. We won't have to produce; can't be fired and can coast to the highest positions of government based upon "cracker-heritage" alone. Our wife can get her pay tripled for a no-show job.

Wow...the possibilities are endless.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18   #8
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

I just read the full research manuscript and, although the research tools are (apparently) valid, I'm not impressed that the conclusions are supported by the small number of patients. Propranolol is a beta-blocker, a medicine that blockes the effects of epinephrine/norepinephrine (think adrenaline). Low heart rate is one of the dose-limiting effects of propranolol as a blood pressure medication, hence the "significantly lowered heart rate" in the link in the OP.

The researchers gave patients either propranolol (the adrenaline blocking medicine) or a placebo (sugar pill) and asked them to report their "feelings" towards pictures of people from other races and/or religions and towards words associated with people of other ethnicity/religion. The findings rely on the hypothesis that subliminal cues from adrenaline affect your gut-reaction opinion of others.

I'm not familiar with the methods used, but they are apparently validated tools in their field of research. I also don't think they tested enough patients to make any clear conclusions.

I also think the work would be more validated if they included study participants from multiple ethnicities and religions and found the same results from minority participants when they see pictures and/or words related to those from outside their ethnicity/religion. It would also be an interesting finding if people from within the minority group had a similar reaction to people from their own minority.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:25   #9
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Isn't that the definition the media and politicians have always used?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 16:43   #10
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
lol Not so fast. You're referring to a study which included 36 whites.
You get a cluster of New Black Panthers or some Nation of Islamites to do it, then we'll see what happens.

Considering that it is justified for King Shabazz sings songs about killing white babies, harasses people at the polls and Calypso Louie rants about killing Jews and Whites..........Based on MSM coverage and our Governments Policies I believe it is pretty apparent that White People must be in the need for a fix'n and their judgement day is fast approaching.

So one could assume that since the 'experiment' was exclusive to 'White People' that White People are the main, if not the sole perpetrators of racism throughout the world.....why else would you not include a broader demographic of people. And based on the experiment, IF the pharmaceutical companies can come up with the right pill the Evil White Man and his racists thoughts can be brought under control.
Old 03-14-2012, 17:33   #11
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Better give this cat a triple dose, then:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hes-black.html

Actor Samuel L. Jackson has admitted that he became a supporter of Barack Obama in 2008 because of his race.

In an interview for Ebony magazine's March issue, the Oscar-nominated screen legend says his decision to vote for Mr Obama was nothing to do with his political beliefs.

'I voted for Barack because he was black. 'Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,' Mr Jackson told the magazine, according to the New York Post.
Politics aside: In an interview with Ebony Magazine actor Samuel L. Jackson said he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008 only because he's black
'That’s American politics, pure and simple,' he said. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean **** to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do.
'I know politicians say ****; they lie. 'Cuz they want to get elected.'

While discussing Mr Obama's chances of re-election, Mr Jackson launched into a profanity-laden rant, repeatedly using the N-word.
The actor has defended his use of the charged racial epithet by saying that it was used at home while he was growing up.

Performance: Contrasting with the Ebony interview of favoring the president without political agendas, Mr Jackson told Newsweek in January that he weighs Mr Obama's job performance on his handing of the poor
'When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a n*****,' he said. 'Because what’s a n*****? A n***** is scary.
'Obama ain’t scary at all. N****** don’t have beers at the White House. N****** don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar. A n***** would have stopped the meeting right there and said, "Who the **** said that?"
'I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years,' Mr Jackson added, 'cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.'

In a separate interview with Newsweek published in January, the actor said he has mixed feelings about the President's performance so far.

Rally: Attending Mr Obama's Inaugural ceremony in 2008, Mr Jackson was one of many rallying celebrities for the black politician
'Some days I agree with Dr. [Cornel] West and what he says about the President not dealing enough with the plight of the poor,' Mr Jackson said in the Newsweek interview.
'Then I think about how they won’t give him credit for anything... The President got about a week of moderate applause for capturing the most-wanted man in the world,' he said in reference to Osama bin Laden.
'You ask me, he should have put that mother****** on ice and defrosted his ass November 1.'

In President Obama's first campaign for presidency in 2008, Mr Jackson was one of many celebrities who rallied behind him, and even skipped an Oscar award ceremony specifically to campaign for the candidate.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1p8Yrw8TY
Old 03-15-2012, 18:00   #12
cbtengr
Area Commander

I have been taking Propranolol for three years in fact ever since Obama was elected. It was prescribed to help me cope with migraine headaches, evidently the drug treats a myriad of ailments. But I must admit in my case to having negative reactions whenever I see the annointed one on tv or in the papers, same goes for seeing his atty. general, the vp, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi etc. etc.
My migraine symptoms on the other hand are much improved.
Old 03-15-2012, 15:44   #13
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel71 View Post
More race baiting from the corporate media[....]
Is that where the baiting is coming from?
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 17:52   #14
John_Chrichton
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Talk about bias, labeling and discrimination...I had hopes the likes of David Duke would have been accompanied by King Shabazz and Louie Farrakahn....they even called them 'White people' instead of the appropriate term Caucasian.

What's wrong with that? Didn't you know that the International Panel on Climate Change recently established the fact that only "white people" are capable of racism.

Will ObamaCare cover/mandate this drug for all "white people"? Find out after the election!