Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 19:29   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Introductions I I- Your first post on this board goes here. (CLOSED)

Introduce yourself with your first post.

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in framing a response to post from a Professional Soldiers ® member.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-01-2005, 21:18   #2
mike_f
Asset

Hello,

Thanks for allowing me to be a guest here. I wandered in here while researching binoculars. You have a very nice site and I've found the info that I've read so far to be straight forward and very useful.

I have no military experience.

I am a geological engineer and work for a private consulting firm.

Hobbies include target shooting, collecting Russian AK-related gear & parts.

mike_f
Old 12-02-2005, 02:21   #3
Rehhan
Asset

Hello

Hello Everyone,

First off thank you for making these forums open, I've found a wealth of information here and feel as though I've only touched the surface. Likewise thank you for the service you provide to our country, it is much appreciated.

I'm currently a college student, transfering from a two year college to a four year university. I am however considering joining the army on an 18x contract and have come here to learn more about my options. This is likely to be one of my only posts as I plan to listen and learn.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49   #4
ObliqueApproach
Quiet Professional

Welcome

Welcome Mike and Rehhan,
Old 12-02-2005, 04:51   #5
ABN307
Asset

Good morning gentlmen. Thank you for allowing me in as a guest. I have enjoyed reading the threads thusfar as they are professional and straight forward, unless one steps on his johnson with golf shoes! I do have several friends/acquaintances in the SF community, but I myself am not. I did 7 years AD with the 194th AR BDE, 3rd ID and the 82nd ABN DIV as a Combat Engineer. I got out just after Desert Storm and then came back in the NG in '02. I've been a reluctant unhappy "LEG" ever since. lol Once again, thanks for letting me on board. "A"
Old 12-02-2005, 05:01   #6
Robal2pl
Asset

Good Morning Evryone,
This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myslef. I'm still student of Political Sciences, and i'm also a member of independent research organization Lower Silesian Centre of Strategic Studies, where I created and I coordinate Research Group for Terrorism,Assymethric Warfare and Special Forces (we call it unformally Tango Group). I have no military experience, but i consider joining Army after graduation.

Robal2pl
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05   #7
ChandlerSniper
Friend of Team Sergeant

I don`t remember if I did this or not when I registered, so I figured I better do it just to make sure.

TS and Doc got on me about sitting back and watching and not participating so here I am.

My name is Scott..I own a company in Michigan that specializes in Police and Military Special Operations gear and Equipment. I am a national level competitive shooter in 3 gun and long gun, (haven`t done much long gun work lately though).

I`ve never been anywhere, and never done anything.. and have the t-shirt to prove it. I was hit in my eye when I was younger and it left permanent damage which disallowed me to get any kind of MOS I wanted, so I went to school instead. This also doesn`t allow me to be a Law Enforcement Officer in Michigan.. they have the strictest vision requirements in the nation.

I have been to a few of the "shooting schools" and have the nice the certificates that come with them, which really doesn`t mean squat. I was recently appointed as an Executive Board member of the Michigan Tactical Officers Assn. as the Gear and Equipment director, so I guess I do know a little bit about what I`m doing.

I`ll be happy to answer questions or concerns anyone has about gear, guns, or bullets.

Thanks for having me here and look forward to joining into the discussions.

Scott
Old 12-02-2005, 08:31   #8
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Welcome all.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Old 12-02-2005, 08:32   #9
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robal2pl
Good Morning Evryone,
This is my first post and I'd like to introduce myslef. I'm still student of Political Sciencesl
Oh, Oh!! I hope you don't also study Theater Arts. I was in college at what I would think of as the beginning of the Lib/Welfare era. Without a doubt the PoliSci and Theater Arts students were the wierdest on campus. And then the horrible Hybrid of PoliSci/Theater Arts monster was created ala Moore, F***a, etc.

Welcome aboard!!

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
Old 12-02-2005, 09:20   #10
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

ChandlerSniper

Scotty, welcome aboard!

You have friends here.

Terry
Old 12-02-2005, 09:34   #11
CoLawman
Area Commander

Scott,
The question begs to be asked, regarding your eye injury, was it your dominant eye?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:43   #12
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerSniper
I don`t remember if I did this or not when I registered, so I figured I better do it just to make sure.

TS and Doc got on me about sitting back and watching and not participating so here I am.

My name is Scott..I own a company in Michigan that specializes in Police and Military Special Operations gear and Equipment. I am a national level competitive shooter in 3 gun and long gun, (haven`t done much long gun work lately though).

Scott
And he likes to dress-up in women's clothes and pretend Viking's are raiding his village….

Welcome Scott

TS
Old 12-02-2005, 10:01   #13
ChandlerSniper
Friend of Team Sergeant

Terry...Thanks.. good to be here. How have you been?

CoLawman... Yep.. was my dominant eye. I have issues with focusing properly in my right eye now, so I have a hard time with long guns. I just tought myself to shoot left handed. Handguns are easy.. but I have a hard time with tight shots with my rifles when I try to shoot right handed. Dot sights are not so bad as long as I can see the dot.. but I can`t use a scope with it.

Quote:
And he likes to dress-up in women's clothes and pretend Viking's are raiding his village….
TS.. How`s those bullets workin out for ya? Just remember who got it for ya pal.

Scott
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21   #14
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerSniper
Terry...Thanks.. good to be here. How have you been?

Scott

Doing well, busy as hell, just got back from Greece. Sold our ABQ house, attempting to move stuff from there to Santa Fe, and Iowa City.

Right now we have probably 120-130 cases of wine stacked all over the santa Fe home, awaiting the wine cellar (16 ft by, by 6 ft) which is being built as we speak.

Terry

Editted for stupidity.

Last edited by CPTAUSRET; 12-02-2005 at 13:24.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:36   #15
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

I sometimes forget you are so "sensitive".

Terry

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 12-02-2005 at 16:48.
Closed Thread