Old 12-30-2015, 11:10   #1
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Kidnapping

I heard through the CIR grapevine that there was a kidnapping in Lagos Nigeria two days ago. Apparently an Air Force Airman and his wife were grabbed (kids were not taken) and are being held by Boko Haram? He and his family were there to visit a family member living/working there.

Has anyone from AFRICOM area heard of this?
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 14:30   #2
SittingElf
Auxiliary

I'm in Nigeria now, and I haven't heard anything about any Americans being kidnapped.

We are kept up to date on all BH activities, and some group DID kidnap a couple in Port Harcourt in the last couple of days, but they were rescued, and it was highly unlikely to be by Boko Haram. It was not made known what the kidnapped couple's nationality was, so I can't comment on whether that is the couple you may have referenced.

Rest assured that if a U.S. Military couple or single was kidnapped here, I would know within hours...and that hasn't happened.

(I work with Nigerian Special Ops helo guys, and am very tapped into intel regarding Boko Haram, Ansaru, Biafra uprising, and MEND)

I'll let you know if any new info breaks, but Lagos is a reach for Boko Haram. They've only conducted ops as far South as Abuja...never in Rivers State or any success in Lagos. A potential attack was thwarted a few months ago in Lagos. If they get this far, then all bets are off and would cause as much of a problem as ISIS is causing in Iraq and Syria. Could happen...but not yet.

Cheers,
Frank

Last edited by SittingElf; 12-30-2015 at 14:50.
SittingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:03   #3
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingElf View Post
I'll let you know if any new info breaks, but Lagos is a reach for Boko Haram. They've only conducted ops as far South as Abuja...never in Rivers State or any success in Lagos. A potential attack was thwarted a few months ago in Lagos. If they get this far, then all bets are off and would cause as much of a problem as ISIS is causing in Iraq and Syria. Could happen...but not yet.

Cheers,
Frank
Thanks, it flashed briefly but it said the USAF husband and his wife were simply visiting relatives in Lagos when they were taken. Boko Haram involvement was only an assumption on my part.
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote