Old 03-23-2010, 17:16   #1
relentless
BANNED USER

Mark Twight/ Gym Jones

Men, I was tasked with finding all the information I can about "Gym Jones" ( http://www.gymjones.com). After doing a quick search on these forums, I only found a few results under mark twight:
1. "So who's doing something new"
2."Cross-Fit workout;From Men's Journal"
3. " PT - Bodyweight Only Training"
4. "Kiss or Kill: Confessions of a Serial Climber"

...but nothing for "Gym Jones".

The 2005 kiss or kill thread was a great start to getting an idea of Mark Twight's military involvement, but TR in his infinite wisdom ignorantly shot down the thread, and it didn't go anywhere. So, I'm reintroducing this topic.
Does anyone's units here use gym jones/mark twights methods/workouts to train? His foundational start as a climber/mountaineer must reflect in some physical way in most of his workouts. I believe this would be a great way to train for Astan if he does correlate the two.

" What's unique about Gym Jones isn't the equipment Twight rolls out when workouts are in full swing. Rather, it's the frequently life-threatening nature of the jobs for which his athletes are training. The guy you're spotting or timing has more important things in mind than simply getting a pump. "There are people in there who officially don't exist, if you catch my meaning, but you sleep better because they do," John explains. "It's a whole different world when you're training with folks whose lives are on the line."
-http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0801/is_8_70/ai_n32097549/pg_6/?tag=content;col1

Mark has also been a DOD contracter and the internet has little to nothing about his involvement. Can anyone share anything about this?

Last edited by relentless; 03-23-2010 at 17:35.
relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 17:31   #2
fng13
Guerrilla

Old 03-23-2010, 17:45   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless View Post
The 2005 kiss or kill thread was a great start to getting an idea of Mark Twight's military involvement, but TR in his infinite wisdom ignorantly shot down the thread, and it didn't go anywhere.
Please elaborate on my ignorance.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 18:59   #4
dac
Guerrilla

Oh, there you go again TR! Now THIS thread got shot down...

Refreshments will be provided.
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 19:38   #5
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Relentless - I must have misplaced my sense of humor - probably left it at work. I just wasted 30 seconds verifying that you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I don't have to tolerate attitudes from peers let alone internet clowns. I hope you have a nice day wherever you wind up in life but you're no longer invited to hang out here.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 19:40   #6
Books
Quiet Professional

You know, I don't post much for these kinds of things, but "WOW, What an IDIOT!!" That was pretty much awesome, in the true sense of the word. I think this would mark the finest example of situational awareness yet demonstrated, well. . . anywhere??!?

Relentless. . . I'm sure you're a very nice person. Go away.

- Jack Moroney
Old 03-23-2010, 19:56   #7
craigepo
Quiet Professional

If you're wondering if punks like that ever get what's coming to them, don't.

I stomp 'em.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 19:57   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Relentless - I must have misplaced my sense of humor - probably left it at work. I just wasted 30 seconds verifying that you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. I don't have to tolerate attitudes from peers let alone internet clowns. I hope you have a nice day wherever you wind up in life but you're no longer invited to hang out here.
I did the same thing looking up all of his posts here. I saw little, if any contribution, though he did call another guest a disrespectful name recently.

If you are not a QP, nor an SF candidate, nor a well-mannered, respectful guest, you should probably read rather than post, and avoid starting new threads name calling a QP.

Adios, have a very SF day.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 20:11   #9
Pete
Quiet Professional

What can I add?

Just x 100

Jeez, my eyes are all squinty. Let me blink a couple of times so I can read the first post again.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote