Go Back   Professional Soldiers ģ > At Ease > The Soapbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2020, 15:23   #526
CW3SF
Quiet Professional
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
More and more friends and colleagues are commending me for getting out of Colorado when I did. Some even curse me for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
Heard that from my friends and family who still live there.
Definitely not the same state where I spent the first 30 years of life.
I moved here from Tennessee for my wifeís job after I retired. I cannot wait to get the hell out of here and never look back.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:34   #527
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional
 
Ret10Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Occupied America....
Posts: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I moved here from Tennessee for my wifeís job after I retired. I cannot wait to get the hell out of here and never look back.
It's the "other" virus spreading. Kalifornianz infected their state and are spreading into Colorado, Idaho and other less socialist locales. Likewise on the East Coast where New Hampshire is being overrun by Massholes escaping the tax state they created there.
__________________
"There are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:11   #528
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional
 
TOMAHAWK9521's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
It's the "other" virus spreading. Kalifornianz infected their state and are spreading into Colorado, Idaho and other less socialist locales. Likewise on the East Coast where New Hampshire is being overrun by Massholes escaping the tax state they created there.
It pisses me off that they're polluting Idaho as well. But at least here in Idaho, any mention of BLM/ISIS/Anti-First Amendment/communist/socialist/etc showing up to cause mayhem are met with heavily armed and polite citizens. And strangely, no riots ever develop. Hmmm.
__________________
"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live." -Sir Thomas Browne (1605-1682)
TOMAHAWK9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:11   #529
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 1,066
THE CANCEROUS LIBERALS:

The radical liberals are spreading and bringing the cancer they have along with their movement, DO NOT make them feel comfortable or accepted they will never reciprocate and will not change their immoral beliefs ...
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 15:21   #530
bblhead672
Area Commander
 
bblhead672's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,246
I read an article today that described the leftist activities as an "insurgency."

Do you PS guys think that's an accurate description?
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 17:39   #531
7624U
Quiet Professional
 
7624U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
I read an article today that described the leftist activities as an "insurgency."

Do you PS guys think that's an accurate description?
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...h/insurrection

Depends if the end goal is to overthrow the entire system of Government
__________________
"You do not truly own anything that you can't carry in both arms at a dead runĒ

"Robert A. Heinlein"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 17:42   #532
Gypsy
Area Commander
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
It pisses me off that they're polluting Idaho as well. But at least here in Idaho, any mention of BLM/ISIS/Anti-First Amendment/communist/socialist/etc showing up to cause mayhem are met with heavily armed and polite citizens. And strangely, no riots ever develop. Hmmm.
Well you know what they say...an armed society is a polite society
__________________
My Heroes wear camouflage.
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 18:06   #533
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,436
On the communist threat...video embedded in article at link.

WATCH: Cuban Immigrant Warns About the Deadly 'Pill' Americans Are About to Swallow
Beth Baumann
Jul 12, 2020 11:10 AM
Town Hall


Cuban immigrant Maximo Alvarez issued a stark warning to Americans last week during a roundtable meeting last week with President Donald Trump. According to Alvarez, the President of Sunshine Gasoline, the American Dream is at risk of being destroyed by the Left. The tactics that are being used are the same ones he saw in Communist Cuba when he was 11-years-old.

"We come over here, in my case because my parents chose that I would not be indoctrinated by the communist country, by the totalitarian country, by the totalitarian regime. They donít educate children. Absolutely not. And this is something that we need to understand. What is happening in our backyard today, I experienced as an 11-year-old. I remember vividly all the promises that a guy named Castro gave, and how 99 percent of the people swallowed the pill," he warned. "It took many years later, after I read somebody named Saul Alinsky, that I realized that all those people were nothing but useful idiots. I remember Castro while in the mountains being interviewed and asked if he was a communist. He went crazy. ... He was going to save Cuba. I remember how he promised to the farmers, to the wahitos that youíre going to own the land. I remember all the promises that we hear today about free education and free health care and free land."

Alvarez reminded people that Fidel Castro abolished the police, the military and even took over the Catholic church. The immigrant's dad, however, saw through Castro's words because he experienced the same thing under communist Spain. Alvarez's father saw parallel's between Castro and his home country.

The businessman explained that the left uses fancy terms and promises to try and indoctrinate others. It's the same tactics he saw in Cuba.

"Talking about socialism, Catholic church, 14,000 kids who came like me in this country without parents. And we were provided an opportunity. This is what makes our country great. They didnít give me free nothing, they gave me the opportunity. That is the most valuable thing in the world," Alvarez explained. "Now, when I said they didnít give me any free something, please understand that at 13-years-old, I had to be provided with a home, had to be provided with food, and an education. That is socialism, thatís Americanism, thatís the America that these people are trying to destroy today by using funny terms like 'socialism.' Theyíre not, theyíre communists. Donít ever forget that."

Alvarez's biggest warning, however, came directly from his father, who saw what life was like in Spain, Cuba and the United States: do whatever you have to to protect the American Dream.

"Never forget about my dad who only had a sixth-grade education, but I think he was the greatest philosopher I ever met. He used to tell us how lucky he was because he was able to come from Spain to Cuba. And then he came from Cuba to [the] United States and he saw me graduate from college, and that was the biggest prize he ever had. And he said, 'Donít lose this place because youíre never going to be as lucky as me. Because if you lose this place, you have no place to go,'" Alvarez recounted.

"So with that, please keep that in mind. And please, people, explain that to our young people who are demonstrating out there. Donít be useful idiots," he said. "Please understand whatís happening in our country. See what happens to our parents and see what is happening to America today."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...swall-n2572332
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 18:54   #534
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional
 
Ret10Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Occupied America....
Posts: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
On the communist threat...video embedded in article at link.

WATCH: Cuban Immigrant Warns About the Deadly 'Pill' Americans Are About to Swallow
Beth Baumann
Jul 12, 2020 11:10 AM
Town Hall


Cuban immigrant Maximo Alvarez issued a stark warning to Americans last week during a roundtable meeting last week with President Donald Trump. According to Alvarez, the President of Sunshine Gasoline, the American Dream is at risk of being destroyed by the Left. The tactics that are being used are the same ones he saw in Communist Cuba when he was 11-years-old.

"We come over here, in my case because my parents chose that I would not be indoctrinated by the communist country, by the totalitarian country, by the totalitarian regime. They donít educate children. Absolutely not. And this is something that we need to understand. What is happening in our backyard today, I experienced as an 11-year-old. I remember vividly all the promises that a guy named Castro gave, and how 99 percent of the people swallowed the pill," he warned. "It took many years later, after I read somebody named Saul Alinsky, that I realized that all those people were nothing but useful idiots. I remember Castro while in the mountains being interviewed and asked if he was a communist. He went crazy. ... He was going to save Cuba. I remember how he promised to the farmers, to the wahitos that youíre going to own the land. I remember all the promises that we hear today about free education and free health care and free land."

Alvarez reminded people that Fidel Castro abolished the police, the military and even took over the Catholic church. The immigrant's dad, however, saw through Castro's words because he experienced the same thing under communist Spain. Alvarez's father saw parallel's between Castro and his home country.

The businessman explained that the left uses fancy terms and promises to try and indoctrinate others. It's the same tactics he saw in Cuba.

"Talking about socialism, Catholic church, 14,000 kids who came like me in this country without parents. And we were provided an opportunity. This is what makes our country great. They didnít give me free nothing, they gave me the opportunity. That is the most valuable thing in the world," Alvarez explained. "Now, when I said they didnít give me any free something, please understand that at 13-years-old, I had to be provided with a home, had to be provided with food, and an education. That is socialism, thatís Americanism, thatís the America that these people are trying to destroy today by using funny terms like 'socialism.' Theyíre not, theyíre communists. Donít ever forget that."

Alvarez's biggest warning, however, came directly from his father, who saw what life was like in Spain, Cuba and the United States: do whatever you have to to protect the American Dream.

"Never forget about my dad who only had a sixth-grade education, but I think he was the greatest philosopher I ever met. He used to tell us how lucky he was because he was able to come from Spain to Cuba. And then he came from Cuba to [the] United States and he saw me graduate from college, and that was the biggest prize he ever had. And he said, 'Donít lose this place because youíre never going to be as lucky as me. Because if you lose this place, you have no place to go,'" Alvarez recounted.

"So with that, please keep that in mind. And please, people, explain that to our young people who are demonstrating out there. Donít be useful idiots," he said. "Please understand whatís happening in our country. See what happens to our parents and see what is happening to America today."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...swall-n2572332
I have a Chinese neighbor that is really freaked out as they see the elements leading up to Mao's "Great Leap Forward"

Estimates are 18 to 45 MILLION Dead...
__________________
"There are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 19:40   #535
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
I have a Chinese neighbor that is really freaked out as they see the elements leading up to Mao's "Great Leap Forward"

Estimates are 18 to 45 MILLION Dead...
Your neighbor and the quoted Cuban immigrant Maximo Alvarez are freaked out because as you say they have witnessed the precursors to this movie before.

Now, witnessing something similar metastasizing in the city streets and universities of this great nation must fill them with dread.
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 21:04   #536
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
That is socialism, thatís Americanism, thatís the America that these people are trying to destroy today by using funny terms like 'socialism.' Theyíre not, theyíre communists. Donít ever forget that."
Always said, a "socialist" is just a Communist that hasn't pulled their gun on you. Yet.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ģ
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies