Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 04-01-2005, 22:15   #16
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Thanks for the input everyone!

I have been out of the loop lately (BTW, Sims Instructor school Rocked).

And thanks to the Federal Gobment I can now afford 2 holsters and a new Surefire. LED here I come. Thanks Uncle Sugar.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 22:25   #17
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Thanks for the input everyone!

I have been out of the loop lately (BTW, Sims Instructor school Rocked).

And thanks to the Federal Gobment I can now afford 2 holsters and a new Surefire. LED here I come. Thanks Uncle Sugar.
Don't forget to ask for your LEO discount on the SureFire! Use the savings to get some mag pouches to go with the new holsters Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:40   #18
El Cid
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Renuart
Check out Andrew's Custom leather at www.andrewsleather.com . They are about 20 min from my house. I have two of their holsters, one IWB, one on the belt. Their work is FANTASTIC! Mine are made of Tiger Shark. They are like a work of art. They will customize any of their setups for your liking. I cannot say enough good things about these guys.
I second this! Fantastic products and I cannot see myself using any other holsters -- especially for IWB. The McDanial II is a marvel of functionality. From the thumbbreak options, to the adjustible angles of the belt loop, to the fact that it won't collapse after the sidearm is drawn (enabling one hand holstering)... I have a couple and love them. Been carrying for 12 years now and tried several types/brands... none come close IMHO. I am a customer for life!

http://www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

Also, his shoulder rig is the best I have seen with the strap across the back to stabilize it (w/o having to anchor it to your pants), and the various options for the off-side (multiple mags, backup gun, knife, etc.)

http://www.andrewsleather.com/monarch.htm
El Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 16:25   #19
lurp
Asset

I use the Roto-paddle holster from Fobus (can be used with or without leg rig)and I also use the Safariland 6004, I'm very happy with both. I use a Glock17 in them and they have never faild me

Also I have used the open type leg holster from HSGI, It's good, but I do not recomended it for other than hard field use and airborne ops.. its a bit bulky for me, but its bombproof made...

Edit:Sorry, forgot it was about a IWB holster....

Last edited by lurp; 05-07-2005 at 18:34.
lurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 02:45   #20
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurp
I use the Roto-paddle holster from Fobus (can be used with or without leg rig)and I also use the Safariland 6004, I'm very happy with both. I use a Glock17 in them and they have never faild me

Also I have used the open type leg holster from HSGI, It's good, but I do not recomended it for other than hard field use and airborne ops.. its a bit bulky for me, but its bombproof made...

Edit:Sorry, forgot it was about a IWB holster....
No worries...

lurp PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a video on why you should not use a Fobus holster.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:58   #21
lurp
Asset

Thanks alot for the video ,joe

Dam.. I never seen this before, now I know why I never will use my fobus roto again... You can die of that shit (if you dont react very fast). Maybe, I use it for practice only
lurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 13:32   #22
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Now I need one. OWB. G17. Anybody using a G-Code from Edgeworks?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 15:12   #23
Brother Rat
Auxiliary

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master
What I use do not have "Thumb Breaks", but they work very well.
FIST K1/w I/O adapters Kydex Holster or a Milt Sparks Horsehide Versa Max 2 IWB.

I second the FIST.
Brother Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 22:47   #24
Endorphin Rush
Guerrilla

NDD,

Sorry for chiming in late on this one, but I never saw this thread.

If you do a search (not being an ass, I don't know how to link to it) you'll find that I did a brief review of the G-Code drop leg rig that I got through High Speed Gear.

Like it say's in the review, I've read of some guys having issued with the locking mechanism. But I, nor anyone I know, has had any problems.

I've never used their OWB holsters.
Endorphin Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 18:47   #25
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotor Strike View Post
Check out Andrew's Custom leather at www.andrewsleather.com . They are about 20 min from my house. I have two of their holsters, one IWB, one on the belt. Their work is FANTASTIC! Mine are made of Tiger Shark. They are like a work of art. They will customize any of their setups for your liking. I cannot say enough good things about these guys.
In regards to Andrews Custom Leather, I've spent an enjoyable 2 hours of my evening so far watching him work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQca4DpZrgY

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 21:01   #26
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
In regards to Andrews Custom Leather, I've spent an enjoyable 2 hours of my evening so far watching him work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQca4DpZrgY
12 years to get that reply. That shit must be a record!