Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-19-2015, 20:21   #31
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Although the Post article is sensationalizing a bit, this was reported on the AP wire a month or so ago that HUD was preparing to start racial profiling of communities. From the Post article..... The two reports are consistent in that statement.

I think this is credible INTEL and now the Executive Branch has a clear path.....and so it begins.

Ladies and Gentlemen everything else is a misdirection...this is real and it's just the beginning.
IMO, the ultimate goal is for high-tax cities to recapture the fleeing tax base.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 21:58   #32
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
When it comes to the liberal ideas of government involved housing in America they should tread lightly. There are several of the most spectacular failures in history attributed to their strategies of social engineering and entitlements as it relates to housing.

Cabrini Greens a Chicago Housing Authority project started in the 40's with the final buildings demolished in 2011. They actually tore down a vibrant neighborhood to build the project which housed as many as 15000 living in high rise apartment buildings.

Pruitt Igoe a St Louis urban housing project from the 50's to it's demolition in 1976 became an icon of public -policy planning and urban renewal failure.

A previous example which was slightly more sustaining project came from the National Recovery Act passed by congress in 1934 creating the Homestead Corporations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsis...teads_Division. This program was intended to give safe residence to urban poor and small plots of land to sustain themselves on, it was based on family members having a part time job and industry was created in conjunction. Politically it ran into opposition from agriculture, unions for undercutting prices and labor. The Roosevelt's championed the program in particular Eleanor became involved with setting up the first community, Aurthurdale ,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthurdale,_West_Virginia West Virginia sustaining it into the 60's. Roosevelt herself was "deeply disillusioned" by a visit to the community in 1940, in which she observed that the community had become increasingly dependent on government and lacking in independent initiative.

I find the last part very telling in many ways and have seen that as a part of human nature.
At least with the homestead project families were integrated into communities and in many cases an enduring record of American work is left on the landscape.
Last 3 images are from the Cumberland Homestead and the state park some of it has become.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabrini Green.jpg (76.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Pruitt Igoe.jpg (92.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg iphone1 694.jpg (49.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg iphone1 697.jpg (85.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg iphone1 700.jpg (117.0 KB, 26 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 07-19-2015 at 22:02.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:33   #33
Box
Quiet Professional

The elected government has way too much to lose to EVER cultivate the concept that any level of self governance is possible...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:27   #34
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Soul City, NC.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:18   #35
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Housing is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://nypost.com/2015/07/18/obama-h...race-database/

The implications are staggering.
Staggering indeed!! This goes far beyond fair housing. The precedent set by the SCOTUS can be applied within every bureau and agency of the Executive branch of the Federal government and it effectively marginalizes the Legislative (representative) branch of government.

I would argue that Congress has been effectively marginalized over the last several years (maybe decades) anyway and this ruling just seals it. Take the Budget for instance (a Constitutional requirement), when was the last budget passed by Congress and signed by the POTUS? We have been operating by Executive fiat for some time now and bounded only by Judicial review and oversight.

Name one aspect of your life, one freedom, that is not regulated to one degree or another by a Federal agency. I can't think of any!

Billy is correct in his statement that NO elected governmental official (Democrat or Republican) will tolerate the notion of self-governance. We have a permanent political class and they are going to act in a manner that is consistent with their self-interest and that certainly is not representative of our interests or desires. We live under the illusion that we have a say in our collective destiny.

At some point there will come a watershed moment (the BLM issue last year was nearly it IMO) and when it happens, fasten your seat belts boys and girls 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:32   #36
rab97
Quiet Professional

Solution to our problem

Read the book Term Limits by Vince Flynn. It's a trash fiction spy novel, but offers an attractive solution to our current political class issue.
rab97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:38   #37
ddoering
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Staggering indeed!!

At some point there will come a watershed moment (the BLM issue last year was nearly it IMO) and when it happens, fasten your seat belts boys and girls 'cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Don't you mean "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 13:00   #38
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoering View Post
Don't you mean "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."

Nous Defions Brother
Old 07-24-2015, 10:54   #39
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Update

Quote:
The Obama administration’s heavy-handed attempts at social engineering just moved to a disturbing new level — right in Westchester.

The Justice Department wants the county held in contempt of court, fined $60,000 a month and forced to set up an escrow account of $1.65 million — in a move growing out of its longstanding claim that the county’s housing policies are racist.

It’s a preposterous claim, of course. And Friday, County Executive Rob Astorino holds a press conference to decry it.

Good for him. Because the move is based on a technicality, and it actually says more about Team Obama’s overreach than about anything the county has or hasn’t done.

The Justice Department’s claim focuses on 28 units of “affordable” housing that are to be built in downtown Chappaqua, home of Hillary Clinton. Under a 2009 consent decree, Westchester agreed to build 750 units in wealthy, largely white towns and to “market them aggressively” to non-whites. Financing for the first 450 units was to have been approved by the end of last year.

Westchester actually met that deadline — but the feds disqualified the Chappaqua project anyway, because the town hadn’t yet issued all required permits by Dec. 31. And because Astorino’s office, the feds say, didn’t ride roughshod over the town and bully it into submission.

Let’s be honest: For years, the administration has been trying to, as one official put it, “remove zip codes in the quality of life in America.” Meaning anyone should be able to live anywhere, even if they can’t afford it.

Its legal case is based on the dubious notion of “disparate impact” — statistical differences by race without any specific proof of actual discrimination.

Want more evidence Justice’s act is politically motivated? Note, then, that it filed its motion despite the fact that the Chappaqua housing project was recently fast-tracked.

This is a case of pure harassment — and an outrageous violation of home rule and fair play. And if disparate impact becomes the sole test of discrimination, no place in America will be safe from unfounded accusations of racism.
Source
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 18:15   #40
Paslode
Area Commander

Attention America’s Suburbs: You Have Just Been Annexed Read more at: http://www.nat

Quote:
Regionalists consider the entire city-suburb system bigoted and illegitimate, so there are few local governments that HUD would not be able to slap with a disparate-impact suit on regionalist premises. It’s unlikely that any suburb has a perfect demographic and “asset” balance in every category. All HUD has to do is decide which suburban governments it wants to lean on. With every locality vulnerable to a suit, every locality can be made to play the regionalist game.

Leftist housing activists worry that AFFH never specifies the penalties a suburb will face for imbalances in its housing patterns. These activists just don’t get it. A thoughtful reading of AFFH, including its extraordinary “dialogue” section, makes it clear that HUD can go after any suburb, any time it wants to. The controlling consideration will be politics. HUD has got to boil the frog slowly enough to prevent him from jumping.

It will take time for the truth to emerge. Just by issuing AFFH, the Obama administration has effectively annexed America’s suburbs to its cities. The old American practice of local self-rule is gone. We’ve switched over to a federally controlled regionalist system. Now it’s strictly a question of how obvious Obama and the Democrats want to make this change — and when they intend to bring the hammer down. The only thing that can restore local control is joint action by a Republican president and a Republican congress to rescind AFFH and restrict the reach of disparate impact litigation. We’ll know after November 8, 2016.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-stanley-kurtz
Old 07-25-2015, 07:59   #41
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Whereas I agree with the National Review article for the most part, I disagree with the premise that a Republican president and congress will reverse this trend.

Paslode, you have not been paying attention . Republican v Democrat is a distinction without a difference. We have a permanent political class and it is only an illusion that we mortal citizens choose the destiny of our country. Sorry to say - no we don't.

Maybe at one time we did, but no longer I'm afraid.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 07-25-2015, 08:10   #42
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Whereas I agree with the National Review article for the most part, I disagree with the premise that a Republican president and congress will reverse this trend.

Paslode, you have not been paying attention . Republican v Democrat is a distinction without a difference. We have a permanent political class and it is only an illusion that we mortal citizens choose the destiny of our country. Sorry to say - no we don't.

De Oppresso Liber
Hell sitting her in a foreign airport I have realized that they be smarter than us..... They do not hide their differences. The poor are just poor. And it is in plain sight. The rich are in power and do not hide it....... Much easier to function if the lines are drawn. Now let me arrive in my 3rd world destination so I can find some beautiful poor woman that wants a rich guy. Isn't that is how it should work without all these hidden agendas. Life is great
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 16:47   #43
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:

De Oppresso Liber
I thought about pink highlights for the entire quote, but left it alone. Another article that I believe tied into this and the stated illusion was how the Chamber of Commerce is going to war with the rogue Republicans.

I have been asking myself for months and months......Who is going to move into all those thousands and thousands of of new apartments out in suburbia and rent all those foreclosed homes that investment firms like Blackstone gobbled up across the country.......Welcome to Section 8!

It's all about short term profits, power trips and damn the long term consequences. Trying to fix it would be like finding a particular Lego in a 55 gallon drum full of similar Legos.....it is a near impossible task.

The longer this goes on the more I can visualize Igor Panarin's vision of the US dividing along ethnic and cultural lines...and we might now include sexual orientation and sexual preferences as well.
Old 07-25-2015, 18:39   #44
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I thought about COLOR="Magenta" pink highlights[/COLOR] for the entire quote, but left it alone.
You're color blind. This is Pink. This is magenta.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 18:51   #45
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
You're color blind. This is Pink. This is magenta.

Pat

And in need of a hearing aid! Getting old is a bi@tch.