Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 01-19-2005, 21:31   #16
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
I can step down to any one of my local dealers and buy a .50 Barrett M-82, an AR-15, a Benelli M-3, an M1A, a DSA FAL, an M-4, or any number of other fine defense weapons, and carry them out the door right then off my CCW Permit.

Can you?

If I have a varmint in my backyard, I shoot it, and as long as the bullets stay here, the neighbors don't care.

Can you?

I can legally carry a concealed pistol almost anywhere I go off post, and the sheriff had to issue the permit to me upon my submiting a request.

Can you?

TR
Oh fine, rub it in, why don't you. LOL
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:42   #17
BearFlag
Asset

<--- From Kaliforniastan as well... sometimes I wish I didn't love this state as much as I do.

Time for change I think, long overdo for change. Looks like Boxer might be on her way out... there is hope.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:01   #18
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFlag
<--- From Kaliforniastan as well... sometimes I wish I didn't love this state as much as I do.

Time for change I think, long overdo for change. Looks like Boxer might be on her way out... there is hope.

Best of luck to you folks
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 07:12   #19
SeekHer
Asset

Quote:
I can step down to any one of my local dealers and buy a .50 Barrett M-82, an AR-15, a Benelli M-3, an M1A, a DSA FAL, an M-4, or any number of other fine defense weapons, and carry them out the door right then off my CCW Permit.

Can you?-----NO

If I have a varmint in my backyard, I shoot it, and as long as the bullets stay here, the neighbors don't care.

Can you?-----NO

I can legally carry a concealed pistol almost anywhere I go off post, and the sheriff had to issue the permit to me upon my submiting a request.

Can you?-----NO

TR
I'm in Canada and we can't own semi auto battle rifle type weapons, .50 BMG rifles...CCWs are nearly unheard of...I have to go through so much hassle just to take a handgun to the range that I've given up on them...Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the defenceless...I can be arrested just for having a loaded shotgun by my bed!

When the human race dies out it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally completely utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living!
SeekHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:53   #20
dennisw
Area Commander

In defense of Calif.

We can have spitball straws, but they have to be registered and you have to wait 10 days before you use them. But not along the coast as the coastal commission has I think a rule against that.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:19   #21
HOLLiS
Area Commander

Quote:

Can you?

Can you?

Can you?

TR

About the same here, only exception are certain buildings a ccw won't work, no guns period. I have a pistol range on my property.

Great Bumper sticker, "Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people".

I am waiting for the rest of the nation to follows Florida's lead on the Home Protection Act/Bill. (forgot the actual name).

Also a old Oregon quote, "Please don't Kalifornicate Oregon"
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:40   #22
Detcord
Guerrilla

I was born and raised in Cali, and have prepared the following comment regarding the state of the state in general:

This place fu*king sucks!!!
Detcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 15:31   #23
whit
Asset

Le Mas Ammo

Quote:
Mick:

Multiple threads on it. One of the owners posts here as well.

I have fired multiple rounds of it myself on armor (hard and soft) and tissue (live and otherwise).

Read the threads and PM me if you have any questions about it.

Bottom line: It does what they claim it does.

TR

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen...

My experience has been a ditto, and I have seen John shoot this stuff on more than a couple of occasions at Dog 'n Pony shows. You know...where the Pony whirls around and stomps the crap outta the Dog in front of God and Everybody..."everybody" usually including a bleacher fulla brass.

I have personally never seen the stuff fail to perform as advertised. Someone else I know in the Industry has related that the Marines were somehow less than impressed, though. I did not get the details, nor do I know the exact circumstances. Can relate that no matter how good your QC is occasionally you *will* have trouble with a batch. Dunno if'n that was the case or what. See above; I've been extremely impressed with this development.
Don't shoot the Messenger.
whit
whit is offline   Reply With Quote