Old 02-06-2004, 16:35   #1
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Team needs help ...

We were trying to find a website, or somewhere, where we could purchase extra takedown pins for the Surefire lights attached to our M9 pistols.

As some of you might know, we are in the middle of SFAUCC and we are trying to plus up some repair parts. What we are looking for is the "takedown pin" that is put on the lower receiver of the M9 in order to fit the taclight. It looks like a round metal slug that sticks out of the right side (as you fire) of the pistol, on the lower receiver. You then mount the light body on this. Anyone have any idea where I can purchase more (websites, businesses)? Thanks in advanced.

PS - We searched the Surefire website and the Beretta website already. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2004, 16:51   #2
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Just a thought.......why not find one of those folks that is gifted in the skills of machining and start making your own?? Save you money and time. The armorer only needs to provide a sample and let them know what type of material it is........bulk orders will save you money as well.

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 16:51   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

B:

Working it.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 17:06   #4
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

If you can get me the dims or better yet a drawing, I have a friend that is a Manufacturer and he owes me a couple of favors !!

Later
Martin
Old 02-06-2004, 17:43   #5
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Thank you all ... Angel Six, TR, Ambush Master.

I'll have my 18E take a digital photo of it tomorow and I'll post it the day after tommorow (we are assaulting a building all night tomorrow and won't be back in 'til late). Thanks again.

PS - Ambush Master ... If you are in the area, perhaps I can hand you one, as an example. I'll have to look to see if we have an extra one that we can pull for a short while.

Last edited by Basenshukai; 02-06-2004 at 17:46.
Basenshukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 20:47   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I have the Surefire Mil/LE rep working on this. He is supposed to have their Customer Service Department contact me ASAP.

Will see him next Friday night for dinner, but hope to have it resolved before then.

When I get the contact info, B, I will hook you up.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 02-07-2004, 03:49   #7
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up

Thanks, TR.
Old 02-09-2004, 13:20   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Basenshukai
Thanks, TR.
You've got mail at your soc.mil account.

That is what this board is for, and I hope that anyone else in SF needing parts finds this of value. It occurs to me that the entire kit could be useful to every ODA training up or deploying.

Good luck.

TR

"T,

The takedown lever you need is available in a loose parts kit. The part number for the kit is 11411-21. Retail price is set at $42.48. There is a structured military discount for quantities purchased....We do not have an NSN number for this parts kit. Any contacct information would be appreciated for the team that is in need of the parts. We will take care of their needs as quickly as we can.

Best regards,
George Syrengelas
SureFire LLC"

Old 02-09-2004, 23:53   #9
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Thanks a million

Thanks, TR. I sent a real short reply from my "soc.mil" account. We had just gotten back from a couple of nightime assaults and were in the middle of cleaning weapons.

I think that the best reason for having a forum such as this is so that operators can help other operators. This is one of those instances. It is close to 0100 hrs, I smell of CLP and gun powder, I'm eating a cold dinner and this just made my day. Thanks again.

PS - I forwarded the info you gave us to our supply NCO and, when some time is available, I will make contact with the gentleman from Surefire.
Old 02-22-2004, 20:22   #10
Maas
Gone Huntin'

Basenshukai,

I'm a Tooling Engineer and I think I can get those pins made for you guys.

I'd need a sample, or a drawing but we can make just about anything.

Would be glad to help.
Maas is offline   Reply With Quote