Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 10-17-2007, 06:35   #31
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

RIP SFC. Justin S. Monschke

RIP SFC.Justin S. Monschke,You will be missed,by family,friends and The Special Forces Community past and present.tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55   #32
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

I don't know where this came from, or who wrote it, but for anyone who has ever attended a plane side ceremony it will take you back

A HERO'S FLIGHT

He awoke that night ready to fight
He read his orders and prepared his gear
He knew his job when on the ground
He flew to the flight
The enemy did run
And our hero followed.
A bright light and loud bang
These were the last our hero would see or hear
Those who got the call that a hero had fallen
A tear came to their eye and a pride swelled inside
Next came anger and the question why
The next day his flight would arrive
We would all stand and say good bye
A formation of friends
We all stood facing our hero's flight home
As he passed by we all saluted
All surrounded the tailgate of our hero's flight
We all bowed our heads in revered silence
The chaplain said his prayer
We saluted once more
We closed the tailgate and watched his flight taxi
As our Hero's flight lifted off
We all saluted and sent another hero home.

RIP Justin

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:03   #33
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

The memorial service is Fri at 1100 at JFK Chapel.

Thomas Paine
Old 10-19-2007, 22:26   #34
gtcrispy
Quiet Professional

RIP
gtcrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:37   #35
Richard
Quiet Professional

SFC Justin Monschke Funeral

Guys,

SFC Monschke was buried yesterday afternoonin the Jackson Cemetery, Krum, Texas. Funeral services were held at the First Baptist Church, Denton, Texas at 1400. 2/3rd Bn Cdr, LTC Heinz Dinter, gave a very moving eulogy about what kind of SF NCO Monschke was. The 3rdSFGA Cdr was also there as were a number of 3rd Group personnel and a close friend of Monschke's from the 5th Group. The BG who presented the flags to Monschke's wife and parents was from the 19th SFGA. There were 6 of us FOG's (F'ing Old Guys) from Chapter XXXl representing the SFA; we show up with as many as we can for every SF funeral in the region. Krum is a small town and the entire town turned out for Monschke's funeral. Local citizens throughout the Denton area also knew of the funeral and were standing in groups along the roads and highway leading from the church to the cemetery to pay their respects.

Question. I've been at the funerals for MSG Hornbeck (10th SFGA), SFC Brown (3rd SFGA), and SFC Monschke, and there was either a one or two star SF GO at each. Does this happen at all SF funerals? Whether it does or not, it is both impressive to families and other military personnel attending and sets SF apart from the rest of the DOD crowd.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10   #36
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

Thank you for attending from all of us here, who weren't able too. It mean's alot, and this is just one more reason why I am proud to be in the Special Forces.

Thomas Paine
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30   #37
Needle D
Quiet Professional

Funeral

The funeral was yesterday in Denton, Tx. I was a member of the burial detail. The town turned out by the hundreds to pay there last respects.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedconten...19e5502ed.html
Old 10-24-2007, 12:30   #38
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Rest in Peace Soldier.

Found this video
http://www.wfaa.com/video/index.html?nvid=186311

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 13:10   #39
HOLLiS
Area Commander

Rest in Peace.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 20:01   #40
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Question. I've been at the funerals for MSG Hornbeck (10th SFGA), SFC Brown (3rd SFGA), and SFC Monschke, and there was either a one or two star SF GO at each. Does this happen at all SF funerals? Whether it does or not, it is both impressive to families and other military personnel attending and sets SF apart from the rest of the DOD crowd.

Richard
As I understand it, when OEF started, the USASOC CG spoke with the USASFC and SWCS CGs, and they agreed that every fallen SF soldier would have an SF general officer at the funeral.

AFAIK, this policy is still in effect.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 20:29   #41
Firewolf
Quiet Professional

My wife is from Denton, and luckily enough, I can visit while here at BAMC. If anyone has any words for me to deliver at Jackson, I'll be visiting this weekend.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16   #42
Dan
Administrators

3rd Special Forces Group honors fallen comrade
By Staff Sgt. Marie Schult
3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) PAO

Quote:
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, July 18, 2008) – Members of Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) honored a fallen comrade, memorialized his memory and thanked his wife for her sacrifice during a Silver Star Medal ceremony July 14.

Sgt. 1st Class Justin S. Monschke, a Special Forces weapons sergeant, was killed in action on October 14, 2007, just days before his 29th birthday. He was killed by an improvised explosive device during a dismounted movement to a suspected enemy position in the south Baghdad region of Arab Jabour, Iraq.

Prior to his death, Monschke distinguished himself on the field of battle by killing 10 enemy combatants and saving the lives of his fellow Soldiers, as well as the lives of the Iraqi soldiers with them, during an August 1, 2007 battle. For those actions, Monschke was awarded the Silver Star Medal, which was presented to his wife and their three children during a ceremony in front of Monschke’s company area at Fort Bragg, N.C.

“This is an incredible award, given only to those who have displayed the highest degree of gallantry in service and honor,” said Lt. Gen. Robert W. Wagner, commanding general, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, who spoke at the award ceremony.

Monschke was serving as the point man during the August 1, 2007 operation with the Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Force. When the assault force lead by Monschke received small arms fire from four terrorists, he immediately returned fire, aggressively charged forward and closed the distance as he killed three terrorists and wounded a fourth by accurately firing while on the move. Monschke rallied the ICTF element with him to assault the target building. As his group entered the building, they were fired upon and Monschke returned fire, killing two more terrorists.

Monschke then lead the assault force of Iraqis into the fourth target building. As the assault force was entering the building a vehicle stopped just short of them. Two terrorists exited the vehicle and began firing on the Iraqi assault force, which was outside without cover. Through the open doorway Monschke killed the two terrorists and their driver, who was also attempting to shoot at them.

A second vehicle, containing four terrorists with weapons poised to kill, approached their position. Monschke again fired his M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon, effectively stopping the vehicle and killing all four terrorists, before they were able to harm any of his team.

“When I see these awards I look at how many times did a person make conscious acts of valor, to influence the situation when somebody else might not have done that and might not have been able to figure out what to do,” said Wagner who noted Monschke’s continued, unhesitating response to the repeated enemy assaults.

Brig. Gen. Michael S. Repass, commanding general, U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne), also spoke during the ceremony of Monschke’s selfless acts of courage.

“Our exploits as Special Forces operators are rarely known to the public and somewhat tragically, I would say it’s relatively unknown to our own families,” Repass said. “It’s only on occasions like this that the curtain is pulled back and the bright light is shined on our operators, what they have done and what they mean to other people. It’s perhaps the downside of being a quiet professional, but we have shined the light, none the less on a great operator.”

In addition to being presented her husband’s Silver Star Medal, Melissa accepted a dozen red roses which she then laid at the base of a memorial plaque for her husband.

“I think we can all find a great degree of satisfaction knowing that Justin knew he was going to receive this award,” said Wagner about Monschke's knowledge regarding his potential Silver Star Medal. “It’s reassuring to know that he knew that.”

“To the family, I want to say thanks for raising such a great American,” Repass said to Monschke’s wife, children, parents, and brother who were present. “I do not know where we get such men, but our lives are lessened by their untimely departure from our ranks.”

As Melissa and her three children laid the red roses on his memorial stone she spoke softly to them, telling them they would all return to the site in order to pay homage to their hero father, and remember him and his sacrifice.

--sine pari--
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monschke-01.jpg (321.2 KB, 31 views)
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:22   #43
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

RIP, brother.

Your work is done.

See you on the other side.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:57   #44
echoes
Area Commander

Thank You SFC Monschke, for your bravery, courage, and sacrifice.

Prayers are out for your beautiful family.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:24   #45
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace Soldier.

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote