Old 01-24-2004, 10:11   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Big Boy's Toys

So hey, does anyone else here have one of these for plinking and home defense?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_0913_153956aad.jpg (53.2 KB, 428 views)
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:37   #2
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

No, but I do have a 2.5....... INCH !!!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:39   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambush Master
No, but I do have a 2.5....... INCH !!!
Artillery?
Old 01-24-2004, 12:48   #4
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by SFG
Artillery?
Howitzer!!

Terry
Old 01-24-2004, 13:11   #5
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

A friend of mine bought the entire inventory of the old 20th Century Fox Prop Studio...Title II Weapons. When he got out there to pick up all of the weapons they showed him four little Wooden Footlockers and when he opened them they were 60mms in perfect shape !! Since he did not have a DD License, he told them that he couldn't take them and their response was "It's ALL' or NONE!" So he got on the horn with BATF and they sent an agent over and all that he made them do was De-Mill the Tubes. Need I say more? Legally it's a Black Powder Muzzle Loaded Mortar, 1ea, Coors Light Caliber !!

The Bipod, Baseplate and Sight/w case are in perfect condition. There is a label on the footlocker from when it was shipped from VMI bacK to 20ty Century Fox after filming the Movie Taps.

Fred also got the BAR that Steve McQueen carried in the film The Sand Pebbles complete with a letter stating that. Also, the Water Cooled .50s that were used in Tora Tora Tora. I could go on and on. I was his "Armorer" and kept all of his stuff running.
Old 01-24-2004, 13:25   #6
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Damn!

Mommy! I want what he's got!!

Actually, thanks, now I can explain to my lovely bride that what I have is not excessive, my friends have mortars.

That should help, since I think I need a 6 lb. Napoleon, or a 12 lb. Mountain Howitzer.

Has your friend got a flamethrower?
Old 01-24-2004, 13:34   #7
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

I'm also the "Legally Registered" Manufacturer and owner on an M60. Built it just before the civillian use Mfg Ban back in the '80s, for under $1K !!
Old 01-24-2004, 14:19   #8
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I'm also the "Legally Registered" Manufacturer and owner on an M60. Built it just before the civillian use Mfg Ban back in the '80s, for under $1K !!
Brother, Have I told you how much I hate, I mean LOVE you?

Can I be your adopted son?
Old 01-26-2004, 00:51   #9
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Fred also got the BAR that Steve McQueen carried in the film The Sand Pebbles complete with a letter stating that. Also, the Water Cooled .50s that were used in Tora Tora Tora. I could go on and on. I was his "Armorer" and kept all of his stuff running.
BAR?
I was in the arms room helping our our senior bravo doing a sensitive items check on our team's weapons when I looked in the corner and saw 6 BAR's. We're getting two per team. I can't wait to fire one of them !!!
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:44   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by BEK1411
BAR?
I was in the arms room helping our our senior bravo doing a sensitive items check on our team's weapons when I looked in the corner and saw 6 BAR's. We're getting two per team. I can't wait to fire one of them !!!
Reliable, accurate, good cyclic rate.

Also heavy, mag fed, no quick change of barrels, uses obsolete ammo, and has more complicated components than God should allow. Tear the trigger assembly down for an afternoon of fun.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Old 01-26-2004, 09:51   #11
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Are the BAR's still being manufactured by Browning, or someone else or are the ones in your arms room the 40-50s type?

I apologize for my ignorance but I thought that weapon was no longer being used due to having better weapons systems.

TR:

Is that your personal .50?

James D

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 20:11   #12
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

CAn't change barrels, but you can change the firing pin without removing the bolt.

Who remembers the procedure?

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 20:29   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Surgicalcric
Are the BAR's still being manufactured by Browning, or someone else or are the ones in your arms room the 40-50s type?

I apologize for my ignorance but I thought that weapon was no longer being used due to having better weapons systems.

TR:

Is that your personal .50?

James D
I would bet there hasn't been one manufactured since 1945.

After we made a million or so fior the big one, not like we coundn't find one when we needed it afterwards. It is obsolete.

I decline to answer your second question under the Rights afforded me by the Constitution of the United States. It does have different optics now though.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 01-27-2004, 09:46   #14
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

So, TR, you get that during the competition?

He made me an offer on the AR-30 that almost ran up my credit card that night.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:37   #15
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Re: .338

Quote:
Originally posted by longrange1947
So, TR, you get that during the competition?

He made me an offer on the AR-30 that almost ran up my credit card that night.
Actually, no, he made me a deal a few months before that, and I suggested that he get moving with a Competitive Shooter Direct Sales Program.

That rifle was still big $, but the first time I took it out, two friends and I had more fun with $30 worth of ammo than I ever have before. My rings weren't high enough for my optics, so I had to go with the Trijicon, and frankly, inside 300m., it worked fine.

I couldn't afford to shoot the AR-30, though I wouldn't mind a sweet deal on an AR-10T. Just hate to add another bunch of high $ mags to the mix.

TR