Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > Mindset

Old 12-16-2010, 05:14   #16
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink5 View Post

one tough little girl....jd
I remember this story,, it's still amazing..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:57   #17
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
A daddy takes his son fishing. A father makes his son untangle his own line.
A good daddy will also take his daughter along and a good father will let her load her own antelope on the truck.

EEO starts at home. Always pleases me to hear of other fathers who value their daughters and teach them stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cynthia1st350yds.jpg (86.9 KB, 141 views)

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 14:55   #18
Green Light
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSide View Post
The way my Dad explained 'Dad' and 'Father' to me, is any man can be a father *get a woman pregnant* but it takes a man to stick around and be a Dad, just the definition I was taught.
No, that would be a sperm donor.

There's two portions of what we should be to our children (IMO):

Fathering: teaching values and being a role model; discipline and direction are important parts of this.

Being a Daddy: giving love and emotional support; teaching the child that they are important and persons of worth; especially with girls, being a daddy is important to show them proper affection - girls who don't have a healthy relationship with their fathers many times end up in VERY unhappy relationships; boys need the closeness of the father-son relationship to learn how to be a productive man, husband, and father, instead of a sniveling man-child.

"If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket, what difference does it make to me?"
TJ
Green Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 19:11   #19
DevilSide
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Light View Post
No, that would be a sperm donor.

There's two portions of what we should be to our children (IMO):

Fathering: teaching values and being a role model; discipline and direction are important parts of this.

Being a Daddy: giving love and emotional support; teaching the child that they are important and persons of worth; especially with girls, being a daddy is important to show them proper affection - girls who don't have a healthy relationship with their fathers many times end up in VERY unhappy relationships; boys need the closeness of the father-son relationship to learn how to be a productive man, husband, and father, instead of a sniveling man-child.
Thats a very good way to put it, I think you nailed it.
The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom - Sun Tzu
DevilSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 15:13   #20
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I think I did pretty well with my boy. His first child is a girl. He bought her a Pink Cricket .22LR when she was a week old. Here she is on her potty trainer reading the Midway Sales Ammo catalogue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1229101546[1].jpg (35.7 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by mark46th; 12-30-2010 at 10:02. Reason: add photo
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:37   #21
Irishsquid
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
I think I did pretty well with my boy. His first child is a girl. He bought her a Pink Cricket .22LR when she was a week old.

Very nice...I want to get my daughters one each to shoot when they come to my place, but I'm pretty certain my ex-wife would use that in court to have my visitation reduced, or eliminated entirely.
Irishsquid is offline   Reply With Quote