Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 12-29-2005, 08:13   #16
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Probably a condom, a platinum AMEX card, and a roll of gold coins.

TR
Now being the head honcho in the demo course I know you realize that the condum was only used for one of two things. The first was to waterproof the fuze lighter and the second as a container into which you could pack improvised plastique that you could fashion into a sausage charge. The platinum Amex card was folded into the thickness of a dime and a nickle as an improvised headspace and time guage for the M2 and what appeared to be a roll of gold coins was in reality were gold foil covered swiss chocolates for the area command meetings like the one depicted below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0382.JPG (68.9 KB, 190 views)
Old 12-29-2005, 09:28   #17
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Probably a condom, a platinum AMEX card, and a roll of gold coins.
A condom, as in just one? Your 7th Group limitations are showing through.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06   #18
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
A condom, as in just one? Your 7th Group limitations are showing through.

No - we just remember the good days when everybody else was "waste not, want not" and "nothing is too good for the troops so nothing is what they get". (LATAM was so much more fun with nobody in charge worried about counting pennies/condoms.) The real question is: "how many guys got caught by the inventory control officer when they replaced an expended condom with a local purchase item acquired after the fact just to keep the property book squared?" Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12   #19
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Must be OPSEC or something as I count (5) 10th Group team guys have responded and I still dont have anything useful. Except the knowledge that TR & NDD already have plans for me that does not include Gucci Group.

Still surviving,

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-29-2005 at 10:45.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:27   #20
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino
No - we just remember the good days when everybody else was "waste not, want not" and "nothing is too good for the troops so nothing is what they get". (LATAM was so much more fun with nobody in charge worried about counting pennies/condoms.) The real question is: "how many guys got caught by the inventory control officer when they replaced an expended condom with a local purchase item acquired after the fact just to keep the property book squared?" Peregrino
That reminds me of the joke about the Scot in uniform who went into the pharmacy with a very well worn condom and asked the pharmacist how much it would cost to repair the holes.

The pharmacist told him three pence, and told him that a new one would only be four pence. He then asked the Scot which option he preferred. The Scot said that he would need to step outside to think about it.

The Scot comes back a few minutes later, beaming proudly and announces, "The lads of the Regiment have taken a vote on it and decided to replace it!"

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:35   #21
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
Must be OPSEC or something as I count (5) 10th Group team guys have responded and I still dont have anything useful.

Crip
Perhaps you should check and see if someone in the 10th wasn't pulling your leg.

BTW Jack: Some in HHC had German Jump boots but most of the Line Company men had custom made German Mountain boots. They were made in Lenggries from molds made of your feet. Once broken in, they were unbeatable. They did have one draw back. They were extremely water resistant and held water as well as repelled it. They were treated with leder fett and never saw polish!!

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:37   #22
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
Save the knowledge that TR & NDD already have plans for me that does not include Gucci Group.
Gucci Group? That's a great deal of smack to be speaking for someone still wearing the flaming pisspot. You never know where you'll end up dropping ruck, so be careful where you dig your catholes.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:44   #23
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRQ 30
Perhaps you should check and see if someone in the 10th wasn't pulling your leg.
Sir: I was merely joking... guess the should have been a .

Guess my humor is lacking this morning.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 12-29-2005 at 10:46.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49   #24
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Gucci Group? That's a great deal of smack to be speaking for someone still wearing the flaming pisspot. You never know where you'll end up dropping ruck, so be careful where you dig your catholes.
I beg to differ, Sir.

Young Crip already has a Group of assignment, unless he opts to go AD, he knows where he will be assigned.

His Dean was a Battalion Surgeon in 7th Group, but being a Yankee, did a tour in 10th at Devens as the Group Surgeon.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:27   #25
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Young Crip already has a Group of assignment, unless he opts to go AD, he knows where he will be assigned.
We still have some time to coer...I mean convince him otherwise.

Last edited by Razor; 12-29-2005 at 11:36.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:45   #26
longtab
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I'm sure he [Surgicalcric] meant nothing by it Razor. Ya gotta admit we are some devastatingly handsome and well dressed bastards.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 13:00   #27
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtab
Ya gotta admit we are some devastatingly handsome and well dressed bastards.
good to see some things never change...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 13:53   #28
Firebeef
Quiet Professional

I dunno about around your neck, but any 10th Grouper would have some Gluehwein in a well camoflaged canteen or nalgene bottle during winter ops, and a bottle of schnapps for a berg heil!

Definetly ski wax, condom, chap stick, spare lenses for your Gargoyles and sun block...I don't know about the new ski's...I think you don't have to Petex and wax em like the older models...am I right?
Old 01-05-2006, 19:34   #29
Max_Tab
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtab
I'm sure he [Surgicalcric] meant nothing by it Razor. Ya gotta admit we are some devastatingly handsome and well dressed bastards.
Plus you have great hair

On a serious note, I always kept a cigarette lighter around my neck. The body heat made it always easy to light.

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.
Thomas Paine
Max_Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 19:51   #30
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
smoking jacket, slippers, pipe and tobacco, little silver bell to ring for the batman, and the cricket schedule.

You say that like it's a bad thing, old chap.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote