Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-24-2014, 09:10   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

The Moron in the White House

This is what happens when America places an idiot in the White House. Even the idiot Jimmy Carter didn't pull this shit...... Half this country is brain dead........

Exclusive - Study: Obama Most Well-Traveled, Expensive President In History Through Five Years
by Matthew Boyle 23 Mar 2014

President Barack Obama has spent more time traveling abroad than other U.S. president in history at this point in their presidencies, according to a forthcoming study from the National Taxpayer Union Foundation (NTUF) provided exclusively to Breitbart News ahead of its public release.

“The most internationally well-traveled President, through five years, is also flying the most expensive-to-operate Air Force One to date,” NTUF wrote.

After five years in the White House, Obama has taken 31 trips for a total of 119 days abroad. At that point in George W. Bush’s presidency, Bush had taken 28 trips for 116 days, while Bill Clinton had taken 27 trips for 113 days. Ronald Reagan, after five years, had taken 14 trips for 73 days while Richard Nixon had taken 12 trips for 60 days after five years in the White House and Lyndon Johnson took 10 trips for 34 days at the half-decade mark. Dwight Eisenhower took 8 trips for 31 days after five years in the White House.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ugh-Five-Years
Old 03-24-2014, 09:32   #2
BrokenSwitch
Guerrilla

Yes, but what about his return-on-investment from all that traveling? Perhaps he has some diplomatic accomplishments to his name by now? Perhaps he is personally doing "Shuttle Diplomacy?"

No? Then, what's he doing with all that time?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:35   #3
x SF med
Quiet Professional

the MSM keeps talking about his vacations, is that why?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_Barack_Obama

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:13   #5
BrokenSwitch
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
France and Mexico are his most-visited. Are those reconnaissance excursions? Is he planning to leave the US permanently as soon as he's out of office?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

This is a much better wikipedia link.........

wikipedia, by idiots for idiots and not allowed in real educational institutions............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Serfdom
Old 03-24-2014, 11:05   #7
Sdiver
Area Commander

What about Her Majesty's maaaAAAAaaaany trips?

Apparently, the employees of the hotel they're staying at, are already "Sick at tired of her and her mother."

Oh an BTW, the suite that Moochelle is staying in costs, $8.350.00 a night. I wish I had that "pocket change" just laying around. I could start paying off my student loan.

Quote:
Michelle Obama’s China trip taxing hotel employees: ‘We can’t wait for this to be over’

Employees at the Chinese hotel hosting the first family are reportedly “fed up” with the Obama’s high-maintenance antics, and say they can’t wait for them to leave.

Staff workers at the Westin Beijing Chaoyang told the Daily Mail that First lady Michelle Obama, her mother and two daughters have apparently outstayed their welcome. They have been staying in the $8,350-pre-night presidential suite in Beijing since Thursday

According to one concierge staff member, the Obama women have inconvenienced “pretty much everyone” and the first lady’s mother, Marian Robinson, has been “barking at the staff” since she arrived.

“We can’t wait for this to be over, to tell you the truth,” the staffer told the Daily Mail. “We entertain many important people here, but this has been, I think very different.”

The Daily Mail reported that, since Thursday, government security forces from both China and the U.S. have been screening everyone who entered the building, including paying guests. They have also been setting up check points.

The Westin had to vacate rooms on the highest floor, booting guests with previous reservations, to accommodate the Secret Service in executive-level rooms.

Secret Service agents are also monopolizing hotel elevators long before the Obamas need them, the Daily Mail reported.

The Obamas are staying in a 3,400-sqaure-foot suite described on the Westin’s website as an “oasis of comfort.” The suite includes a “private steam room, corner sofas with silk pillows” and in-room dining for six. They also reportedy have a 24-hour butler.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...el-employees-/

Last edited by Sdiver; 03-24-2014 at 11:33.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:19   #8
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The article in SDiver's post above
According to one concierge staff member, the Obama women have inconvenienced “pretty much everyone” and the first lady’s mother, Marian Robinson, has been “barking at the staff” since she arrived.
Those ladies better be careful - I believe things that bark too much end up on the menu over there.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited by PedOncoDoc; 03-24-2014 at 14:15. Reason: typo
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 13:23   #9
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Maybe he is looking for his birth certificate?

The Mo' in Law is apparently making life difficult for the hotel staff. I wish I could say I am shocked, but I am not. I am sorry for the impression these Ugly Americans are leaving.

This crew thinks they are royalty.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 14:46   #10
ddoering
Quiet Professional

Maybe he is looking for a country that will take him after he is impeached...... He might want to try Venezuela.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 15:42   #11
cbtengr
Area Commander

It only makes sense that the president and first lady of the entitlement crowd would themselves be so entitled. This China trip is way over the top. Venezuela can have him.
Old 03-24-2014, 16:00   #12
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Not that I don't agree he is a disgrace to America, but come on, a few days difference between the three hardly raises my eyebrow. Yes he has spent more because the dollar is worth less, or worthless depending on your perspective. If we had a true leader of men, he'd still be spending more on travel, it's not party or even person specific, it's the reality of our economy right now. Is he an idiot? Of course. Should the wookie and the warring creature from "The Fifth Element" be traveling so much on our dime, HELL NO! But you can't lay this on Mr. Clownshoes, as much as I'd like to.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 18:05   #13
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

Maybe that's what he means by redistribution of wealth. He gets a free ride on the taxpayer who is working their asses off just to make ends meet.

J. Albert Nock

Don’t let facts interfere with your insanity
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 18:27   #14
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Maybe he is looking for his birth certificate?

The Mo' in Law is apparently making life difficult for the hotel staff. I wish I could say I am shocked, but I am not. I am sorry for the impression these Ugly Americans are leaving.

This crew thinks they are royalty.

TR
The obama views his position as President is a reward, not a job. The lack of insight shown by their behavior speaks volumes. While they see themselves as, "the most important/interesting people in the world", their entitlement behavior is says just the opposite. They will never see themselves for what they are.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 18:44   #15
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

The clock is running out for this administration.
If they want to undermine their own influence, and the influence of their political adherents, fine.

This too, shall pass.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote