Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 09-19-2020, 17:04   #1
Badger52
Area Commander

Belarus' Lukashenko driving on; familiar pattern

Quote:
On Thursday, the increasingly beleaguered Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko announced that troops would be put on high alert as he closed borders with Lithuania and Poland.

“We are compelled to withdraw our troops from the streets, have half our army on guard and close our state border with the West, first of all with Lithuania and Poland,” said Lukashenko. “To our greatest regret, we are compelled to strengthen our border with brotherly Ukraine.”

“I don’t want my country to be at war. Moreover, I don’t want Belarus, Poland [and] Lithuania to turn into a theatre of military operations where [sic] our issues will not be resolved,” he added.

“Therefore, today […] I want to appeal to the peoples of Lithuania, Poland and Ukraine — stop your crazy politicians, don’t let war break out!”
Just got back from chasing smallies on the river and found this SOFREP article in the ol' inbox. In the midst of RBGPanidemicLivesMatter wasn't sure who else might be tracking this. Rest of the article at the jump linked above.

Radio Free Europe also covering the detaining of women protesters. (They don't seem to have burned any local auto parts stores to the ground so, 'protesters'.)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 19:11   #2
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Not surprising that this has been completely ignored by US media. Masked men spiriting away any opposition members. General strikes surprised surpressed. Then Putin offering assistance.

Return of the iron curtain? Or at least the Soviy proxy

Foreboding

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 19:21   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Not surprising that this has been completely ignored by US media. Masked men spiriting away any opposition members. General strikes surprised surpressed. Then Putin offering assistance.

Return of the iron curtain? Or at least the Soviy proxy

Foreboding

Roger; fried brain can't find right now but thought I'd read something that it looked like Putin was gonna be successful at solidifying the change he wanted to their constitution that, in practical terms, lets his term count reset to 0, and he can thus get reelected rinse/repeat and continue to be the HMFIC through 2036.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote