Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 06-01-2012, 15:16   #1
Justaguy
Quiet Professional

BOYCOTT BUSHNELL (Bushnell doesn't support the military)

I've been thinking about getting a Bushnell HDMR with an H59 reticle for awhile, and I decided to call Bushnell direct to see if they had any kind of Military pricing deals.

The only number I could find for them happened to lead me to thier Dealer's Rep, and he wasn't very helpful or polite at all. I asked about any kind of military special and he said I'd have to go through a dealer site (optics planet, etc.) and see if they had a mil special. He stated they didn't sell direct to the public, which I can understand, but; I then asked if they did military sales and he said they had an LE account rep, but nothing for just military. I asked:
"So, Nothing special for our boy's in uniform?"
To which he replied: "Nothing for people in football uniforms, baseball uniforms, POLICE UNIFORMS, nurses uniforms, or surfer uniforms. Nothing for anybody in any uniform."

I then pointed out that he had just mentioned that they had a Law Enforcement account section, and he said that was for sales reps to LE, and that maybe if they were selling to a military outfitter they would open an account but nothing special for: (and I quote directly) "...people who are JUST MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY."

I had heard really great things about the recently released Bushnell HDMR riflescopes, and even though for as long as I have been shooting (since the mid-1980's) Bushnell was a name that was not to be taken seriously in the tactical world, apprently the company wanted to make a real attempt at producing a quality tactical rifle scope. The HDMR I had a chance to examine seemed like they had gotten it right, and for a fair price too.

However after dealing with thier customer service rep (whose name I did not get...My bad), and after hearing how "Just members of the military" don't matter to them I for one have no problem voting with my wallet and showing them no financial support what so ever.

If I am wrong here, or if somebody can show me evidence for why I should feel differently then I will recant and reconsider Bushnell...But until that happens they are still just as CRAPPY of company as they have always been regardless of how well they did in producing the HDMR (Which IS a very nice scope).

Fuck it, BOYCOTT BUSHNELL.

"Who will go?.....Send Me."
COL Arthur "Bull" Simons
Justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 15:54   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

If you're in that price range & looking at Leupold alternatives give a look at Vortex optics. HQ down the road from me in Madison, they have a decent range of scopes including first-focal plane models, several reticles, using pretty good Phillipine glass with etched reticles on the higher-end. I've got a couple of them and - so far - have found their service very friendly. Can't speak to discounts, but since you're boycotting Bushnell (at that price-point aka the old Bausch & Lomb) can't hurt.

Good luck.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 17:13   #3
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Talk to the main HQ. This does not square with my and some of my friends experiences with the Bushnell rep here.

Wouldn't own a Night Force on a bet.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 18:55   #4
tunanut
Guerrilla

My experience with Bushnell CS and their tactical scopes have been the exact opposite of what you described. I have 3 elite tacticals and an HDMR G2 on order. They have proved very durable and repeatable. Everyone @ Bushnell that I've ever spoke with has been professional and helpful. Sounds like you got a rep with a bad tude not use to dealing with the retail customers. They don't sell retail, but I have seen HDMR's on rifles headed to Bragg so I'm sure the sell to the military.
tunanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 19:52   #5
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
What is wrong with night force? I'm not arguing just trying to learn something.
PM inbound.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 22:09   #6
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Talk to the main HQ.
I agree.

Justaguy,
I'd be frustrated too.
Here is another angle.
From a manufacturers side of things nothing we love more than reading this kind of thing on the internet when effectively you contacted no one.
Could the contract employee checking ID's at the front gate of your post get you an audience with the Command? We both know the answer.
Was the rep of that company helpful? No and that sucks.

Take your situation up the food chain and see what happens.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 21:40   #7
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrange1947 View Post
Talk to the main HQ. This does not square with my and some of my friends experiences with the Bushnell rep here.
I concur with master Rick, Justaguy.

Have you tried ordering from Horusvision. They got a discount for military fo sho
Ask to speak with Maria. She was the one I order my HDMR from and was extremely helpful and patient with weeks of phone and email inquiries before I decided on the HDMR. I should have gotten 2!

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:09   #8
crazyjake123
Quiet Professional

Does anyone have the Military Sales rep Name and Number/Email for Bushnell Tactical? I got it out of SFSC but the guy changed jobs. Now I am on a trip and trying to get my rifle together. Thanks.
crazyjake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 20:37   #9
Ramirez
Guerrilla

I think the first HDMRs were sold to current and prior military only. Most of the time you can get an LEO/Military discount from the retailers that sell Bushnell products. They are WAY over priced on the Bushnell website.

I'm running an HDMR w/ a G2 reticle right now. Great scope for the money, and I've had a slew of Nightforce scopes as well as Premier. Tracks, takes a beating, and has a great reticle. Of course if you want the nicer glass, and more features you have to pay for it.
Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:40   #10
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjake123 View Post
Does anyone have the Military Sales rep Name and Number/Email for Bushnell Tactical? I got it out of SFSC but the guy changed jobs. Now I am on a trip and trying to get my rifle together. Thanks.
for last ditch effort, also try promotive. Bushnell is available to army time, and the Bushnell Tactical line is also there last time I checked

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27   #11
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

Quote:
This guy should be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction. You didn't get this from me, you found it on the internet

Paul Arnhold
Public Relations Manager
Bushnell Outdoor Products
o: 913-752-6105
m: 816-214-7783
parnhold@bushnell.com
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 19:41   #12
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Check PMs.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 21:51   #13
Wolverine
Quiet Professional

I sent a PM out to those that asked with contact info for the rep that sold me my HDMR. Bushnell/rep gave me a great price on the HDMR.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:13   #14
69harley
Guerrilla

Tactical Support Equipment Inc. in Fayetteville, NC is a dealer for Bushnell to include their Tactical Elite line and will definately offer a discount.

They will not have these scopes on the website, you will have to call or email them.

http://www.tserecon.com/aboutus/contactus.html
69harley is offline   Reply With Quote