Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 08-30-2017, 11:03   #46
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
This is from a retired OSI Agent that worked world wide in civvies...thought the ladies here might appreciate her comments.

Jen's response to a carry question

Another issue can be boobs (yes, really); when you draw, your gun side breast can get in the way. Is it a showstopper? Not necessarily, but something to practice and contend with. The good, old-fashioned hip holster seemed to do the job best for me. I wouldn't dream of keeping a weapon anywhere but ON my body. Can't use it if you can't get to it. .
LOL...Yep... Boobs do get in the way.... I think she brings up some very good advice, and I would not put a weapon in my purse. You cannot get to it fast enough. Hip Holster.....that's the way to go...now only if I could get my Boobs out of the way...LOL

Thanks for the comments

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 08-30-2017 at 11:11.
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:11   #47
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
LOL...Yep... Boobs do get in the way.... I think she brings up some very good advice, and I would not put a weapon in my purse. You cannot get to it fast enough. Hip Holster.....that's the way to go...now only if I could get my Boobs out of the way...LOL

Thanks for the comments
Hopefully your boobs don't get in the way of a hip holster.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:18   #48
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post

LOL...Ha...too funny, I just snorted my drink...I guess I worded that wrong...No Boobs are still in the right place on my chest the last time I looked....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 08-30-2017, 14:05   #49
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I've had plenty of opportunity over the previous two plus years observing women of widely varying skill levels participating in 3-gun competitions. Everyone is using hip holsters, ideally positioned on rigid gunbelts, located with belt loops, and not on "hip hugger" pants, most with some amount of "drop and offset" to the holster to compensate for hip flare. Truth is - even moderately endowed women have to make allowances for "boobage" when shooting. The relative levels of experience (and endowment) are reflected in whether or not the "accommodation" is conscious or unconscious. The only factor that mitigates the issue is having quality support to shape/restrain the errant anatomy. (There's a hilarious Facebook post by a well-endowed semi-pro lady shooter who's front fastened bra clip broke during a stage and her travails concentrating on finishing the course of fire while simultaneously worrying about "the girls" breaking free - needless to say she now carries a spare in her range bag.)
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 14:09   #50
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
I've had plenty of opportunity over the previous two plus years observing women of widely varying skill levels participating in 3-gun competitions. Everyone is using hip holsters, ideally positioned on rigid gunbelts, located with belt loops, and not on "hip hugger" pants, most with some amount of "drop and offset" to the holster to compensate for hip flare. Truth is - even moderately endowed women have to make allowances for "boobage" when shooting. The relative levels of experience are reflected in whether or not the "accommodation" is conscious or unconscious. The only factor that mitigates the issue is having quality support to shape/restrain the errant anatomy. (There's a hilarious Facebook post by a well-endowed semi-pro lady shooter who's front fastened bra clip broke during a stage and her travails concentrating on finishing the course of fire while simultaneously worrying about "the girls" breaking free - needless to say she now carries a spare in her range bag.)
I can understand breasts getting in the way of drawing from a hip holster - Rita made it sound like they were directly interfering with the placement/securing of the hip holster.
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 08-30-2017, 14:16   #51
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I can understand breasts getting in the way of drawing from a hip holster - Rita made it sound like they were directly interfering with the placement/securing of the hip holster.
Directly interfering with the placement/securing of the hip holster sounds like a German grandmother I witnessed on the topless beach in Antigua many years ago. Some things cannot be unseen.
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 15:43   #52
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Directly interfering with the placement/securing of the hip holster sounds like a German grandmother I witnessed on the topless beach in Antigua many years ago. Some things cannot be unseen.
Why didn't she just tuck them into her bikini bottom?
Old 08-30-2017, 16:56   #53
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Haaaaa.....I can't stop laughing...Believe me, I have seen those types of women running around with them flopping right around the belly button, and it's not a pretty sight

No, I checked again, my boobs are situated nicely in the correct location...LOL

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 08-30-2017 at 17:08.
Old 08-30-2017, 18:26   #54
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Why didn't she just tuck them into her bikini bottom?
We are gonna have to start tagging these posts with a NSFW.
Old 08-30-2017, 21:38   #55
PSM
Area Commander

Well, if we are going there, why not go here: Flashbang!

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:45   #56
Swoop
Quiet Professional

Has anyone shot the new Springfield XDe?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xde-features
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:14   #57
echoes
Area Commander

Wanted to update;

Went shooting recently with a friend in CO, outside a cabin built in the 1800's. No electric or water, just a very rustic environment that provided an excellent spot to set up targets, and a range.

Shot a Sig Sauer, and a 1911, which I fell in love with, but am going to start with the 9mm as my first purchase.

Also a mini cross bow, and fantastic shot gun shooting clay targets, which my friend obliterated.

Had great eye and ear protection, very important to have.

Learned the basics of how to load and unload the weapons, and tips on what to do/ not do on a public range with the weapons.

All in all, a tremendous undertaking on a short timeline, but well worth the effort.

Attached some pics, and am hopeful to return soon and learn even more.

Safety First is my motto, and it is definitely something to respect when learning to fire these weapons.

Holly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg base1.jpg (95.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg base2.jpg (60.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg base3.jpg (44.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg BV4.jpg (41.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by echoes; 09-22-2017 at 17:29. Reason: clarify gun titles
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:40   #58
rsdengler
Area Commander

Ah great for you so cool �� I have not been shooting since August. I think it's time to find another one �� hope you continue ��

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 01-30-2019 at 07:57.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:55   #59
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Ah great for you so cool �� I have not been shooting since August. I think my instructor only wants to get into my pants lol. Time to find another one �� hope you continue ��
Lol, you need to find a nice SF guy to train you....that would never happen then!
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 13:28   #60
rsdengler
Area Commander

Man so I guess I was suckered�� Ok now I need a new instructor any takers lol��

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 01-30-2019 at 07:58.