Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 10-16-2013, 04:41   #1
blackhornet
FTFSI

Unconventional leader stuck in a Conventional leadeship

Currently in the Reserve Component (RC) 10+Yrs service, 1LT (LOG) presently in Afghanistan, as a DET CDR, cultural advisor... BLUF: "A WAY not THE WAY"... I'm interested in transferring into AC SFG that has a slot for LOGI's, establish myself... WHY? The end state is to earn the opportunity to go through the pipeline. Utilize my previous background experiences with unconventional leaders who can appreciate Jr. Leaders that can easily adapt in a constantly changing environment, and get positive results.

Feedback welcome?
blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:18   #2
Pete
Quiet Professional

Last intro thread

The last intro thread was started 02/2012.

Stats show you joined in 10/2012.

Your post count shows "1".
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:44   #3
MR2
Quiet Professional

No Intro post is quite Unconventional but alas all too Common.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44   #4
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

LT, if you want to join the community, ya gotta learn to follow directions...just my 2 cents.
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:06   #5
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

So you live in Georgia and Alabama? How's that work?
Old 10-20-2013, 13:38   #6
blackhornet
FTFSI

Pete

The last intro thread was started 02/2012.

Stats show you joined in 10/2012.

Your post count shows "1".

Correct Pete, it is odd the dates are backwards. And the "post count shows "1" was a deliberate decision on my part. I choose to research and absorb the content in this forum, as it is very informative and beneficial. As a result almost a year to date my time can be successfully accounted for. Time well spent by improving my professional military education (PME) and advance civilian education.
P.S. My absence doesn't mean I'm not present, it simply means I'm observing, and in a constant state of preparation.
Old 10-20-2013, 13:45   #7
Pete
Quiet Professional

Your Post Count now shows "2"

Your Post Count now shows "2"
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 13:58   #8
blackhornet
FTFSI

sinjefe

By no means am I trying come over as a wise guy, by my response. It does work if you have access to residence in both states and pay property taxes, why not claim it. Besides if the opportunity arise i.e. say from this forum in either or neighboring states it shows accessibility. And now I'm deployed
Old 10-20-2013, 13:59   #9
MR2
Quiet Professional

Would you like to borrow my can of wasp spray Pete?

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 14:23   #10
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhornet View Post

By no means am I trying come over as a wise guy, by my response. It does work if you have access to residence in both states and pay property taxes, why not claim it. Besides if the opportunity arise i.e. say from this forum in either or neighboring states it shows accessibility. And now I'm deployed
Well let's make it clear. Post an intro and do not post again until you do it.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 00:35   #11
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

So what is your question?

"Currently: 1LT (LOG) presently in Afghanistan, as a DET CDR, cultural advisor... BLUF: "A WAY not THE WAY""

Well CDR, I'm curious how much cultural advice do you actually provide? Is this a new position for a Loggie? As a reservist LT, who would you advise? Make sure you add that to your resume, and then head to SFAS like the rest of the CDR's in SF did.

If you are looking for a "hookup" here, then you should be more specific with your posts. I am not sure how readily the LOG assigned personnel here will receive your request, but I may have an idea of how the HHC CDR's, 1SG's, and contractors who manage Logistical RFF's may respond.

I would say initially that for you to reach your goal, this is not "THE WAY".

Just curious, but you defined yourself as an "Unconventional Leader" who is "Stuck". What makes you unconventional? Stuck how? Your post actually leaves us more questions than answers. After reading and preparing to post on this site for over a year, I find it curious.

Feedback welcome.

EDITED to ADD: After you follow the instructions that you have already received form the Mentors, Admins, and Moderators of this site.

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol

Last edited by blue02hd; 10-21-2013 at 00:53.
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:43   #12
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

My advice is to train for selection from where you are and not try to seek advantage by working out of group, you don't need to "earn an opportunity". If you're qualified you get to try. If not, group experience won't help you. In fact, you risk a lousy reputation haunting you later.

Your biggest disadvantage is your percieved advanced experience. No one will be impressed if you express it, just keep it to yourself and use it if you in fact have any. I guarantee SF isn't what you think it is, so approach it with an open mind.

As always follow the rules or you won't get far.
spottedmedic111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:23   #13
blackhornet
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedmedic111 View Post
My advice is to train for selection from where you are and not try to seek advantage by working out of group, you don't need to "earn an opportunity". If you're qualified you get to try. If not, group experience won't help you. In fact, you risk a lousy reputation haunting you later.

Your biggest disadvantage is your percieved advanced experience. No one will be impressed if you express it, just keep it to yourself and use it if you in fact have any. I guarantee SF isn't what you think it is, so approach it with an open mind.

As always follow the rules or you won't get far.
spottedmedic,
Your advice is heeded.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:42   #14
blackhornet
FTFSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02hd View Post
"Currently: 1LT (LOG) presently in Afghanistan, as a DET CDR, cultural advisor... BLUF: "A WAY not THE WAY""

Well CDR, I'm curious how much cultural advice do you actually provide? Is this a new position for a Loggie? As a reservist LT, who would you advise? Make sure you add that to your resume, and then head to SFAS like the rest of the CDR's in SF did.

If you are looking for a "hookup" here, then you should be more specific with your posts. I am not sure how readily the LOG assigned personnel here will receive your request, but I may have an idea of how the HHC CDR's, 1SG's, and contractors who manage Logistical RFF's may respond.

I would say initially that for you to reach your goal, this is not "THE WAY".

Just curious, but you defined yourself as an "Unconventional Leader" who is "Stuck". What makes you unconventional? Stuck how? Your post actually leaves us more questions than answers. After reading and preparing to post on this site for over a year, I find it curious.

Feedback welcome.

EDITED to ADD: After you follow the instructions that you have already received form the Mentors, Admins, and Moderators of this site.
Rgr. Correction made
Old 04-21-2014, 13:36   #15
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhornet View Post
Currently in the Reserve Component (RC) 10+Yrs service, 1LT (LOG) presently in Afghanistan, as a DET CDR, cultural advisor... BLUF: "A WAY not THE WAY"... I'm interested in transferring into AC SFG that has a slot for LOGI's, establish myself... WHY? The end state is to earn the opportunity to go through the pipeline. Utilize my previous background experiences with unconventional leaders who can appreciate Jr. Leaders that can easily adapt in a constantly changing environment, and get positive results.

Feedback welcome?
I would be curious of what you consider unconventional?? the definition I got from your post is the same one used by everyone not familiar with true UW.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote