Old 01-24-2004, 19:03   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Romero, Daniel A., SFC, SF

April 17, 2002

BOB SCHAFFER
COLORADO

RECOGNIZING SERGEANT 1ST CLASS DANIEL AARON ROMERO FROM LONGMONT, COLORADO

Mr. Speaker, it is with a heavy heart and a tremendous amount of respect and admiration that I rise today to honor the tragic, yet heroic death of Colorado Army National Guard Sergeant 1st Class, Daniel Aaron Romero. On April 15, 2002, near Qandahar, Afghanistan, Sergeant Romero gave his life for his country, while fighting the battle against the evils of terrorism during Operation Noble Eagle. Upon reflection of his life and service to this nation, we have come to know Sergeant Daniel Romero as a man who loved his family, loved his home state of Colorado, and loved his country.

Born in Longmont, CO, Daniel was the only son of proud parents, Michael and Geralyn Romero. While earning his living as a Colorado rancher, Daniel decided to concurrently serve with the Colorado Army National Guard in 1991.

Sergeant Romero rose through the ranks of the Colorado Army National Guard, receiving the Army Service Ribbon, Non-Commissioned Officers Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, and the Colorado Service Ribbon with device. Eventually, Sergeant Romero became a member of the select B/5-19th Special Forces Group, headquartered in Pueblo, CO. This elite group of soldiers is known for parachuting at high altitudes, rappelling from helicopters face first, and furtively permeating enemy lines. In December of 2001, he was placed on active duty to serve in Operation Noble Eagle.

Sergeant Daniel Romero is survived by his wife Stephanie, Mother Geralyn, Father Michael, and sisters Gabrielle and Stephanie. I am sure I speak for this entire nation when I say our thoughts and prayers go out to the Romero family. May God send His grace upon them during the time of this tragic loss, and may Daniel’s bravery and selflessness become the proud example for all those actively serving in America’s War Against Terrorism.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg romero_sml.jpg (4.7 KB, 143 views)
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote