Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27   #1
Richard
Quiet Professional

Army Kaserne Logs

An interesting web-site for those who've ever served in USAREUR.

Army Kaserne Logs

United States Army Kasernes in Germany. We are trying to list each kaserne that was and still is located in Germany so everyone can get into contact with each other. Never can tell, you might run into an old friend you haven’t seen in a few years. Find your kaserne on the list to the left. If you don’t see your kaserne listed there, let us know and it will be added.

http://armykaserne.com/us/

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 14:14   #2
MR2
Quiet Professional

Cool, thanks.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 14:56   #3
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Ilesheim! What a nightmare.

Only kaserne I know of where the three strands of barb wire on top of the fence were turned inward, so you couldn't get out.
Old 07-31-2012, 16:13   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocIllinois View Post
If you've got something to say, say it. Emoticons aren't a substitute for adding something meaningful to a conversation. If all you can come up with to add is an emoticon, save it until you've got something to say or just don't say anything. Silence can be golden around here.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 07-31-2012, 18:13   #5
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Nice reminder of my time in Germany. So much area has gone back to the Germans. My last visit there, we still had the R&R facility at Chiemsee; understand that has gone back as well. I was stationed about 60K south of Koblenz, and the same distance west of Mainz. Four days after arrival, I was using an English-German dictionary to settle terms on renting a house. The landlord lived next door, and spoke perfect English, I discovered a bit later. That I went through the trouble to negotiate in German won me points, and probably shaved a few bucks off the rent. I could have punched him after he slapped me on the back and said, " you did pretty good Capt.". It was a great tour. Thanks for the reminder.

RF 1
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 18:19   #6
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
I was stationed about 60K south of Koblenz, and the same distance west of Mainz.
North? Wiesbaden (most likely) or - maybe - Hahn?

Richard

Old 07-31-2012, 18:31   #7
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

I remember the first day I got to Illesheim, they were putting concertina around the catwalk that went up a red and white 140-foot tower because some FNG got so depressed from being there that he committed suicide by jumping off.

17 of the grunts in my new company were on profile because of frostbitten feet.

I got into two fistfights my first 48 hours there.

The one good thing about that hellhole was that I went in as a SP4 and came out SSG when 5/6ths of my tour was completed.

(Not to mention the jaegerschnitzel and bier down at Dietz' Gasthaus.)
Old 07-31-2012, 18:34   #8
mojaveman
Area Commander

I was at Patch Barracks HQUSEUCOM but Saturday afternoons were usually spent drinking beer and eating schnitzel sandwiches at the Post Exchange at Robinson Barracks. If I remember correctly it was the biggest and best in USAREUR. Drinking at Panzer was fun too when elements of the 1st Infantry Division were there. The best NCO Club in the greater Stuttgart area was at Patch. Being that I was a young MP at the time I had all kinds of fun there, especially on weekend nights.

Last edited by mojaveman; 11-26-2013 at 22:11.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 18:54   #9
Red Flag 1
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
North? Wiesbaden (most likely) or - maybe - Hahn?

Richard
Yup, Hahn. Understand the Green sumpin airline was using the facility for a while.

RF 1
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 18:57   #10
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
Yup, Hahn. Understand the Green sumpin airline was using the facility for a while.

RF 1
Heart of the Mosel Weingebiet! Servus!

Richard

Old 08-01-2012, 11:12   #11
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocIllinois View Post
Understood. The comment was funny, and very true.

A friend stationed at Storck once said that the best part about it was the cheap beer and Burger King.
If you went to Wurzburg or Nuremburg and they found out you were from Illeshiem, they'd ask you "so how's the ewe and lambs?"
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08   #12
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
If you went to Wurzburg or Nuremburg and they found out you were from Illeshiem, they'd ask you "so how's the ewe and lambs?"
I was at Flint Kaserne in Bad Tölz, the US Embassy in Bonn-Plittersdorf, and Sembach AFB near Kaiserslautern. Nobody was feeling sorry for me.

Richard

Old 08-01-2012, 13:10   #13
mcmac61
Asset

Thank You for such a cool site. I was at Miesau from 1992 - 1999. I hope to connect with some old friends.
Old 08-01-2012, 13:17   #14
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I was at Flint Kaserne in Bad Tölz, the US Embassy in Bonn-Plittersdorf, and Sembach AFB near Kaiserslautern. Nobody was feeling sorry for me.

Richard
Everybody wanted a K-town girl.