Old 02-14-2013, 12:37   #901
LeadFace
Quiet Professional

Hello from NC

Hey everyone,
My name is Noah, I was born, raised, and now stationed in NC.

I did 3 years as an 11B in the 1-505 PIR 3-82, and now I am a 18C in 3rd group.

Before the army I owned a welding company called Sharpe-Weld Inc and worked up and down the east coast.

Happy to be here and look forward to sharing and gaining knowledge.
Noah
LeadFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 23:40   #902
trueunix
Asset

Introduction

I completed P1 early 69, remember SFC Worley as a class leader at Camp Mcall, stayed in SF for about 10 years before leaving the Army. Served with the 10th and 5th group. After getting out joined the reserves and served for another 6years with the 12th and 11th groups.
trueunix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53   #903
AThompson
Asset

Long affiliation with SF. Completed Jump School with 10th SF in Bad Toelz, 1968. As an Aviator, supported CCC (FOB II) 1970 and 1971 (Yellow Lead call sign). Helped COL McKnight when he set up SF as a MACOM. Retired from the Army and from Civilian Life.

Last edited by AThompson; 02-15-2013 at 14:20.
AThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 17:24   #904
gillotine
Quiet Professional

About time.. My bad

C/2/10

Should have done this a long time ago.
(Sorry Stras).

Last edited by gillotine; 02-17-2013 at 22:17.
gillotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 20:42   #905
PrimalAndrew
Asset

Introduction

Howdy,

My name's PrimalAndrew or West; whichever you prefer is fine by me. I joined this site a while back when I first began training myself physically and mentally for the Army. Since first joining, I've gained a large variety of solid, reliable knowledge from Quiet Professionals in just about every subject I could ask for.

As I increase my PT, I will also strive to better myself mentally- in part by using this site to my advantage. I hope someday soon I'll have something of my own that's true, measured, and valuable to contribute to this site. Until then it's going to be, focus on the 25M target and be the best damn sponge I can be.

I'm a fun-loving kind of man who takes pride in being a good leader, laughing a lot, and following the advice my great grandfather said to me a long time ago when I was just a boy.

My grandfather called me into his study one muggy evening and told me to sit in the chair opposite to him; that he didn't have much time left in his life and wanted to share with me the best advice he could muster. He gazed out the large window pane that sat in front of us- overlooking the afternoon's grey beach weather. After several moments of silence, he turned his head to the right; shifted his eyes at me and said: "You can see a lot by just listening."

Thank you to the QP's and Admin's that run this site.

It is appreciated.

Last edited by PrimalAndrew; 09-12-2013 at 06:48.
PrimalAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 23:15   #906
weissenwolf
Asset

Hi gentlemen,

I'm an active duty MI officer. I've worked with a number of ODAs downrange (OEF) and greatly respect the capability and enthusiasm you boys bring to the fight. There's a good chance I've been in the back of a Blackhawk with a few of you fine soldiers, so cheers.

I'm only here to make a quick post regarding an error about Army documents I've noticed during the (rightful) crucifixion of poseurs in the "Hall of Shame". Then back to lurking.

Take care, fellas.

Always Out Front!

-ww
weissenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 14:37   #907
shawnparker
Asset

Thank you for accepting me onto your site

Hello everyone,

My name is Parker (Shawn is my middle name). I would like to join the Special Forces because I believe it will provide me with many personal growth opportunities and because I would like to possess skills which will allow me to help defend freedom in an increasingly-oppressive world.

For now, I am simply working to improve myself until the day when I am ready to join the Special Forces.
shawnparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:59   #908
Skymonkey022
Quiet Professional

Intro

Hey everyone, my name is JW, been in the army since 92, the regiment since 2000. Served in 2-10 and 1-10. I am currently the ncoic of the have ace program at hurlburt field Florida. Just wanted to join to keep up with what's going on in the community.

JW
DOL
Skymonkey022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 18:36   #909
OperaHotelBlues
Asset

Intro as per SOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Greetings Gents,
I'm Rick Moss(O5B-4S), (A-13), and I've been away from the community since Nov. of 71. I've lost contact with old friends and just wanted to take the pulse of the new group of Sneakey Petes. If I could find out what happened to Tim Scriven(O5B-4S) of the 1'st SFG or Chuck Phillips(medic) of the 46'th SF Co. 1'st SF., that would be an added plus! "Take two salt tablets and drive on"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 169738.jpg (47.0 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by OperaHotelBlues; 09-07-2013 at 13:37.
OperaHotelBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 20:26   #910
Mr. Frost
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello everyone,
I am National Guard going through SF pipeline. Just got done with Selection in January and currently awaiting date for Q Course. Prior to joining Guard I spent 4 years in USMC on active duty.
Mr. Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34   #911
redleg84
Asset

Introduction

Greetings Gentlemen,

My name is Bo and I have served in the FA community almost 12 years now. Found the forum through my curiosity to learn from the experts who are currently serving or have served within the SF community. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge from the things that have been shared.
redleg84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:17   #912
OneGoal2015
Asset

Hi, I'm Chris, I just wanted to introduce myself to all of the members and QP's on the forums. I'd also like to say thank you to everyone involved on this site, so much useful information on here! I'm 22, I work full time testing electronics, go to school part time(two to three classes a semester), I've always tried to keep up with my PT since my brief time in the Army in 2011. I attended BCT at Fort Sill,OK as a 68W, unfortunately I developed pneumonia in both my lungs and it was severe enough to be rushed to the hospital where I laid in my hospital bed for two weeks. While I was in the hospital I spent most of my time reading my Warrior book, writing letters and using the phone while I had access to that privilege. Upon returning to my platoon on the final day of rifle qualification day, I qualified with an un-zeroed weapon, never having any rifle training with a 27/40. Probably one of my greatest memories was my Drill Sgt. telling me afterwards that he was impressed by my results, telling me "Yesterday all of the Drill Sgt.'s qualified with un-zeroed weapons, you might be a future Drill Sgt. one day." I smiled saying " No Drill Sgt. I have enough trouble being a Pvt."

To make the rest of my story shorter I'll skip ahead to my final PT test. I failed the final PT test by roughly sixteen seconds. Then I reported to the FOB with the rest of my platoon, I then marched the 16k event knowing I would be sent home, as the CO and I had already discussed it. I finished the 16K with my platoon, they dawned their berets and we went to our bay. Everyone was screaming and celebrating I sat on my bunk and it hit me, "I'm going home," is what I was thinking and the weight of it really hit me like a freight train.

I learned a lot about myself those three and a half months, I learned that I don't like to lose and that I wont quit. I learned that you can go into BCT running two miles in 27 minutes, doing 17 push-ups and 13 sit-ups then come out doing 58 push-ups, 55 sit-ups, and running two miles in 16:52. I told this story in my introduction so that any other members on here planning to join the Armed Forces, can maybe learn from my experience that failure as discouraging as it may be, is a great learning experience, just keep moving and drive on.

I joined this site because I plan on re-enlisting in my future so I'm exploring all of my options. The 18X route seems challenging and something I'd like to try to earn. I'd like to make a career out of SF just because I feel like it would bring out the best in me and I would be able to look in the mirror and be proud of myself, and hopefully my son could look at me and say " that's my dad, he's in the Army." I want to show my son that life is hard but you can do whatever you want as long as you put in the effort and learn from everything you do. Thanks for reading, have a nice day everyone, Hooah! Also anyone looking to join the Army, I'd be more than willing to share more of my experience of BCT with you, but that is all I can help you with.
OneGoal2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 16:48   #913
Barry
Asset

Intro

Howdy,
My name is Barry. I'm a refinery process operator, and I live near Tulsa, OK.

I have no military experience. I'm here to gain knowledge and learn. Hopefully, I can contribute in some way, but I will mostly just lurk.

Thank you for everything I've already learned!
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 18:46   #914
boynton0718
Asset

Intro

Hello,
I am currently a mechanical engineering major at the University of Central Florida. Upon graduation I plan to enlist into the US Army with an 18X contract. I have just started to do pt with Army ROTC on campus and plan to take a few leadership courses next semester. I have been a longtime lurker of the site and greatly appreciate the time and knowledge everyone of you devote to the answering questions.
Jake
boynton0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58   #915
MFF18E
Asset

Intro

I am a currently enlisted 18E with 6 years experience in group, multiple combat rotations and several JCETs. I joined this forum because it is often the number one hit on google when I am searching work related information and as I often browse the pages I thought it only fair to be able to contribute where and when I can. I will always be willing to offer my advice or opinions to anyone that wants them, feel free to contact me.

De Oppresso Liber

Last edited by MFF18E; 03-09-2013 at 17:53.
MFF18E is offline   Reply With Quote