Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hunting & Fishing > Fin

Old 08-03-2012, 15:18   #1
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

Quantico VA area fishing?

Heading there for a couple weeks. Any decent fly fishing/fishing in the area this time of year? Fresh and salt water
Men have always differed in their capacity to stomach risk. Many shun it, preferring to live circumscribed lives. Others rise to the circumstances when community or country comes calling, shedding day-to-day identifies as shopkeepers, scholars, or farmers to stare down the cannon’s mouth. A very few seek out danger as a matter of course. John F. Ross

Last edited by JoeyB; 08-03-2012 at 20:03.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 16:10   #2
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

There are a lot of small mouth bass in the Potomac River about 20+ Miles above the DC Md Line. The river is going to be low so it will be wade able in a lot of areas. I am sure the Rappahannock south of Quantico has small mouth bass as will the Shenandoah.

Around Quantico the Potomac is tidal but fresh water and there will be bluegill, largemouth bass and striped bass (special regulations for them). At one time Quantico embayment on the Potomac had a PCB problem because of some hap hazard transformer disposal and as far as I know that problem remains today.

I do not know anything about on Quantico itself.

I was at Range 4 today shooting my new rifle out to 1000 yards, they also have very good skeet and trap ranges. Ran into a 10th Group guy who had run a recon platoon with the 25 th Inf in RVN and a 5th Group RVN guy today at the range so there are several of us who venture into the land of the jarhead.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 18:20   #3
JoeyB
Quiet Professional

Thanks Bob
Ill check around, not sure how much time ill have. Hopefully I can hook up with a local.
Men have always differed in their capacity to stomach risk. Many shun it, preferring to live circumscribed lives. Others rise to the circumstances when community or country comes calling, shedding day-to-day identifies as shopkeepers, scholars, or farmers to stare down the cannon’s mouth. A very few seek out danger as a matter of course. John F. Ross
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 19:09   #4
11Ber
Quiet Professional

The section of the Potomac between Brunswick and Point of Rocks is where I grew up. You should have no problem catching 20+ Smallmouth during a float this time of year. I usually use Yamamoto 4" single tail grub on a 1/8 oz jig or smaller Dixie crank baits. I love that area and other than family it is the only thing that brings me home.
11Ber is offline   Reply With Quote