Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

"Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud"

Meet Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick the founder of the Florida SFMC, Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick was wearing unauthorized badges and not SF qualified, nor Scuba qualified. An investigation was conducted, and found this to be true. [ I think it's important for everyone to know that the SFMC is originally from Colorado, not Florida, has no affiliation with Bo McCormick or the riding club he created down Florida.]
As far as his unauthorized badges, Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick wears a SF Tab and Scuba Badge on his “colors”.
SWC G-3 was contacted and there is no record of him having graduated from Scuba School or SFQC.
Additionally he gave the SFMC copies of his DD 214 and his DA 20. There is no annotation of the SQI W7 nor award or annotation of SQI S. By his own admission, he failed the SFQC 12B, in August of 1966.
His 214 lists him as an E-5 76Y20 and parachutist qualified. His DD 20 has him in a duty position of 76Y4S. He served in it as an unqualified E-5.

His replies to the allegations are as follows:
*He lost his records.
*He quit the SFQC because his child had the shits.
*He was awarded the S by Colonel Beck (I guess because he was a good guy?).
*By his own admission, he failed the SFQC 12B, in August of 1966 but stated "I feel that my experience in 10th Group makes me Special Forces Qualified". NOT!!!!!!! Ahh, the Holiday Inn Express excuse. That's a one.

He completed a civilian PADI SCUBA class in Germany, so he felt that he could just wear the Combat Diver badge.

Bo McCormick still insists that he feels he deserves the right to call himself SF because of all the time he spent in 10th Special Forces. This in itself is ridiculous.

"Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud"

Click image for larger version

Name:	tng group.jpg
Views:	2761
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	28418

Name:	McCormick1.jpg
Views:	2242
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	28419

Name:	McCormick2.jpg
Views:	1663
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	28420

Name:	recordsummary.jpg
Views:	1701
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	28421

Name:	2-1.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	28422

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 07-08-2014 at 07:54.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote