Old 04-19-2013, 18:14   #1036
koi_DRAGON
Asset

just a little...

I am a Infantry Sergeant in the Army. and I am on my way to the Camp to try out for Selection. I've been deployed twice; once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. I love small unit type operations. Not having to depend on anyone but you and the men to your left and right is a feeling I can't recreate over here. The "regular" army seems to be heading down the plan to not remembering what comradery and loyalty truly means. And from what I hear, this community is nothing like that and seems to me that it never will.

Being part of that kind of Family and being able to be out with out "grown ups" is a way for an individual to really make a difference. That's what and where I want to be.

At this time I'm a little more than a month out from selection, and would appreciate any advice you QP's can offer. Thanks in advance.
koi_DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:08   #1037
alex.hood
Asset

Intro

Im 20, currently in Afghanistan. I plan on attending the SFRE for 20th group this September. Just trying to soak up as much info as I can before I go into it. Any info on what I can do to prepare for selection would be greatly appreciated. Thnaks
alex.hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18   #1038
Cmartsk
Asset

Introduction.

I am 24 and have been a bike courier for the past 5 years. I love my country and want to find a way to give back everything I can. I started reading about the armed forces a couple months ago and am excited to start a career in the army soon. I know SFAS is a ways out there but from what I have read it seems like you QP's really are helping the country and the world over. Not just fighting but teaching others to fight for themselves. I am unable to think of a more valiant and effective way to make the world a better place. Hopefully after I master the basics of soldiering I can join your ranks a few years down the road. Thank you all for your service to the country and the information you have already passed on to me.
Cmartsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 20:38   #1039
Trojan CDR
Quiet Professional

Introduction

Hello,
I am a recent addition to the Regiment. Completed the SFQC last year, and since i have arrived at my unit, I feel the the learning and training has just begun. I have been browsing and researching the forums here for years and have found the information invaluable as I prepared for SFAS and the SFQC.

Thanks to all of the members for all of the help along the way. I'm looking forward to making a contribution and answering any questions as appropriate.

TC
Trojan CDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:32   #1040
mconneway
Asset

Introduction

Hello all, and thanks! I am the current Director of Training at Tactical Support Equipment, Inc. in Fayetteville, NC. Here are some details of my background:

Enlisted in the US Army as a Military Intelligence Systems Maintainer/Integrator; spent some time conducting aerial SIGINT collection missions in support of an anti-drug task force operating in the Caribbean islands in the mid-late 90's. I lived in Panama where we conducted similar SIGINT and IMINT collection operations in support of a Joint Task Force including the Armed Forces of Colombia, Colombian National Police, and U.S. SOF. I worked as an Army Recruiter for 2 and 1/2 years (worst job of my life), then made it to CAG as a DS guy in '04.

I deployed a bunch of times all over the place as a member of the TSE troop. My last job there was a Team Sergeant (not an SF Team Sergeant, but the job still rocked).

I left there after getting divorced (like everyone else!) and became a First Sergeant for a NSA SIGINT collection company, also served as the Brigade Operations Sergeant for the 513th MI BDE, and Battalion Operations Sergeant for a forward-deployed CI/HUMINT collection Battalion operating throughout southwest Asia.

In March of 2011, I came to Tactical Support Equipment, Inc. to reunite with some of my old teammates and serve as the Director of Training at TSE. I am also still a Master Sergeant in the North Carolina Army National Guard.

Thanks!
mconneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54   #1041
TrumpeterOnFire
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

First off I'd like to thank all the QP's that gather here for giving everyone a valuable resource and insight into your lives. Thanks as well for your service.

On to the introduction: First things first, I'm currently a student, born and raised in the Desert Southwest(part of Military Free Fall school is close to my hometown) on a farm. I've got a few years of college under my belt, and I'm majoring in Engineering(Mechanical to be more precise). I'm an Eagle Scout and I still work with my old troop as an Assistant Scoutmaster. I guess I fall under the category of "seriously considering" joining the Army and working my way into trying out for the Special Forces, be it an 18X contract or putting in the time in Rangers/Airborne/Infantry. Even getting a shot to do what you guys do would be an honor, but working towards getting that shot would be a motivating force.

The first time I learned to a decent extent what the Army Special Forces did, and who they were is when my big sister gave me Shadow Warriors by Tom Clancy around my 10th birthday. I was instantly intrigued. It amazed me what an ODA could accomplish with what little resources they could beg, borrow, steal, improvise, or what have you. The sheer scope of their responsibilities and how they went about fulfilling their mission, the level of independence they had and the maturity of their ranks was outstanding. Over time I've done a lot more reading about what you guys do and have done, especially within the conflicts since 9-11, and it continues to amaze me.

Thanks again for your service and for providing so much information here for all of us to glean from. Greatly appreciated.

-TrumpeterOnFire
TrumpeterOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07   #1042
lafeye
SF Candidate

intro

Hello,

I have read for a while now and have enjoyed the many insights. I live with my family in Kansas City area.

Lafeye
lafeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30   #1043
mikiekimi
Asset

Retired USAF/E-8, spent last six years as a 1Sgt with various units stateside and overseas.

Live in Nebraska and am working in IT...enjoying a stress-free retirement from the AF.

Love reading about military history and biographies. Was never in with a Special Tactics squadron but would have loved the chance to serve as their shirt. Knew some guys who did and they absolutely loved it.

Been lurking on the board since '09 and couldn't remember if I'd intro'd myself or not. Figure I'd do it in case I had something to add.
mikiekimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 21:18   #1044
narmy
Asset

Introduction

I have served over 20 years in the military, both in the US Army and US Navy. I have been Infantry, SF Weapons Sgt. and an Imagery Analyst in the Navy. I am a strong committed Christian and am available to anyone who would like prayer or advice concerning the military.
If there is anyone here who served in 5th SFG from 1994 - 1996, drop me a line. I was with ODA 581 during this time.
If there is anyone here who served in B Co., 3rd/187th INF from 1984 - 1986, drop me a line. Would like to touch base with some old soldiers.
One last thing. One of my favorite Bible verses is:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Hope to hear from someone, especially someone I once worked with.
narmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 20:16   #1045
CavScout8
Asset

Hey, I've been lurking on this forum a bit and decided to make an account. There's a lot of good information here and I'd like to snag what I can. Who knows, maybe I'll even have an answer.

Finishing up a 6yr enlistment and been back from an OND deployment about a year now. I've always worked at developing skills I thought would help me soldier and have always been an avid shooter (sport, defensive, etc). I love the outdoors and being free American.

Also looking for an armed security job that pays alright and offers its guys good training opportunities.
CavScout8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48   #1046
Rogue_Cypher
Asset

Introduction

Hello and Good Morning!
I am 24 years old and I am not enlisted in any branch of the armed forces. My mom was active army then reserve for most of my life and my father is a police officer. I never based what I wanted to do with my life on my parents and previously thought the military wouldn't be for me. Some people here have wanted to be Special Forces for years; I can only say that "the call" came for me about a year ago. I do pt six days a week now, and is the only thing on my mind 95% of the time. (I think my girlfriend is getting jealous but is very supportive) I am on this site soaking up as much as I can for two things: 1) to pick up as much as I can to successfully make it to, through, and past selection and training and 2) really understand what I'm doing, when I am on this site I get so excited I want to run down to my recruiter and go asap, but I lurk on this site to make sure this isn't just an impulse and really get situational awareness of myself.

RC
Rogue_Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 14:12   #1047
cgcyclist
Asset

cgcyclist introduction

Greetings QP,

I am a woman who is an unabashed adrenaline junkie. My preferred activities range from scuba to skydiving (indoor skydiving rocks!). I am a former competitive athlete in bicycling and snow skiing. I am on the local swim team and have completed three triathlons. I have visited seven foreign countries and can understand sign language, French and Spanish. I compete in local pistol matches and work out five times per week. I have earned four college degrees in education. Last summer I met a QP and realized that all the men I had known before were sheep. Now I would like to meet more sheepdogs. Are there any QPs in Missouri? cgcyclist
cgcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 17:28   #1048
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Welcome all,, Remember to use the SEARCH function,,

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 20:58   #1049
EDog13
Asset

Hello all!

First, thank you to all who have and still serve our great nation.

I am a 16 year old high school student. I have always been interested in the military and military history, but until recently I had not considered it as a potential path. About a year ago I happened to see a documentary on SF and it clicked. Since then this has been a considerable interest which I think about a lot. I have been lurking around the forums for a few weeks now. It has presented a fine opportunity to pick up wisdom from more experienced folks.

So far the consideration of this as a potential path of life has been a considerable motivating factor in all areas.

Thank You!

E-Dog
EDog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06   #1050
Fingon
Asset

Hi, my name is Christopher and I am about to leave for Air Force BMT with hopes of completing the Combat Control training and becoming a Combat Controller. The beginning of my enlistment into our fine services began with the army and wanting to become a Special Forces soldier (hence why I am on the site), but the recruiting process stalled with them and I picked up with the Air Force and had better luck. I still deeply respect the work Army SF does and hope someday to work alongside you fine gentlemen.
Fingon is offline   Reply With Quote