Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 04-20-2012, 13:42   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Bank of America Tells McMillan Firearms to Find Another Banker

That's it for me!!!!! I'll be changing banks ASAP! Please spread this around to all weapons and military websites!

Bank of America Tells McMillan Firearms
to Find Another Banker

Apparently it is not good enough that McMillan builds products used by our troops to safeguard our freedoms.

Apparently Bank of America is no longer willing to provide banking services to McMillan Group Int'l, LLC (McMillan), a leading maker of gunstocks and an important supplier of stocks, rifles, and other hardware to our U.S. Armed Forces.
Here's what went down. In the course of an "account analysis", a Senior VP of Bank of America (BofA) confirmed that BofA wished to cease doing business with McMillan because the Arizona-based company now builds rifles, not just stocks and accessories. The details of the fall-out between BofA and McMillan were outlined April 19 in a post by Kelly McMillan on McMillan's Facebook page.

HERE is the Text of McMillan's Announcement Regarding Bank of America:
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray F., Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."
"That is correct" he says.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
"You have to do what you must" he said.
"So you are telling me this is a politically-motivated decision, is that right?"
Mr. F. confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

I think it is import[ant] for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
McMillanUSA.com
Last name of Bank of America VP redacted at request of McMillan.
Old 04-20-2012, 13:44   #2
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

I ditched Bank of Amigo when it came out with the free credit card for illegals.

This just amplifies the idiocy.
Old 04-20-2012, 13:47   #3
JimP
Quiet Professional

Guys - BOA is probably THE most anti-American bank dong business today. They went 'round the bend years back when they allied with Jesse Jerk-Off in the shakedown business.

TS - Put yourself on report and get some retraining.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 14:08   #4
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Thanks for the head's up, TS. My family banks locally, but I know of others that should hear this. I'll spread the word.

Dusty - I found the perfect bank for you!

http://redneckbank.com/
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 14:10   #5
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYPatriot View Post
Thanks for the head's up, TS. My family banks locally, but I know of others that should hear this. I'll spread the word.

Dusty - I found the perfect bank for you!

http://redneckbank.com/
: Hee Haw.
Old 04-20-2012, 15:21   #6
chance
Guerrilla Chief

I left those Moron's and went to USAA.
Old 04-20-2012, 15:24   #7
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

I was cleaning my rifle with the A-5 stock just today after shooting it on Wednesday.

Eddie Harren is building me a lightweight rifle in 260 with a McMillan stock for hunting pigs.

I don't do any business that I know of with BOA but if I did I would change.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 15:58   #8
afchic
Area Commander

It is a little hypocritical of them for other reasons. Funny BOA doesn't mind being the company providing DOD with our travel cards. Wish I didn't have to support them, but unfortunately it is DOD policy thatvwe have to use the card to at least purchase our airline tickets and rental cars while TDY.
afchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 16:33   #9
airbornediver
Guerrilla

Ditched them a long time ago. I bank exclusively with USAA and local credit unions.
airbornediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 19:28   #10
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

This is not new news. BOA started ditching all firearms industry accounts years ago and I sent them my credit card, that I never used anyway, shredded.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:24   #11
Sarski

Fu@k em. I left BOA back in 94 when they were Nations Bank. I had my account with them for 10 years, opened it when I was 14. Then following my enlistment, there was a 30 day period of inactivity, and they closed my account. Havn't looked back since, and never had an account at any bank since. I use a credit union.

I am tired of banks charging for services that banks provided once as part of the banking industry. I am tired of the commercials that portray banks as friendly, and on the side of consumers, tired of interest rates below 1%, and tired of banks raping their customers.

They are a huge part of the problems we as a country face today.
Old 04-20-2012, 21:34   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

I will be closing my accounts on Monday.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 21:41   #13
PRB
Quiet Professional

I left BOA, after many years, when they bought up the 'Countrywide Mortgage paper' after the 'crash'....what a boneheaded thing to do...like that will pay off.
Look at USBank....very conservative outfit financially
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 23:48   #14
Sarski

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I left BOA, after many years, when they bought up the 'Countrywide Mortgage paper' after the 'crash'....what a boneheaded thing to do...like that will pay off.
Look at USBank....very conservative outfit financially
So...based on that, I did a couple google box searches based on Countrywide, and the fact that I know one of their office buildings (106,000 sq ft) is just down the road from me here in Texas .

Basically all I did was enter " Countrywide" or "Countrywide Plano, Tx" and such into the field, and BOA comes up numerous times along wwith other questiomable facades...such as Sabre...

The mortage scandals are all tied into these banks in someway or another, and it does not end here, it merely gets mitigated and passed along so nobody has any real extent of the damage done.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...j2.12.0.&mvs=0

and

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...j7j1j0j1.12.0.

Includes results such as BOA, Counttywide, Sabre...a web of deciet from the top down, orchestrated to make things appear not as bad as they are, IMO..

Last edited by Sarski; 04-21-2012 at 00:08.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:39   #15
33army
Guerrilla

IMHO, they should move to Navy Fed. I used BoA and USAA and the fact that all line of credit requests through both businesses are done by a computer bothers me. Navy Fed has ALWAYS reviewed my requests using a HUMAN. I had some financial issues in the past thanks to my ex and neither of the two would give me any assistance. I walked into a Navy Fed, without being a member, and requested an auto loan. 1 hour later I was at the dealership buying a car for the first time in 5 years. I would recommend this institution to Obama if I didn't think he would run them dry. Oh, and it is the largest credit union in the world, so thats a bonus.