Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > Technology News and Reviews

Old 12-18-2018, 05:08   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Nvidia’s Scary AI Generates Humans That Look 100% Real

Very Scarry..

Quote:

Nvidia’s Scary AI Generates Humans That Look 100% Real

ok 100% Real, Jesus Diaz · Freelance Writer Updated Dec 17, 2018

Believe it or not, all these faces are fake. They have been synthesized by Nvidia’s new AI algorithm, a generative adversarial network capable of automagically creating humans, cats, and even cars.

The technology works so well that we can expect synthetic image search engines soon — just like Google’s, but generating new fake images on the fly that look real. Yes, you know where that is going — and sure, it can be a lot of fun, but also scary. Check out the video. It truly defies belief:

According to Nvidia, its GAN is built around a concept called “style transfer.” Rather than trying to copy and paste elements of different faces into a frankenperson, the system analyzes three basic styles — coarse, middle, and fine styles — and merges them transparently into something completely new.

Coarse styles include parameters such as pose, the face’s shape, or the hair style. Middle styles include facial features, like the shape of the nose, cheeks, or mouth. Finally, fine styles affect the color of the face’s features like skin and hair.

According to the scientists, the generator is “capable of separating inconsequential variation from high-level attributes” too, in order to eliminate noise that is irrelevant for the new synthetic face.

For example, it can distinguish a hairdo from the actual hair, eliminating the former while applying the latter to the final photo. It can also specify the strength of how styles are applied to obtain more or less subtle effects.

link: article

NOTE: In the article there is a link to a video of created images

Imagine this, Amy Schumer creates an AI altered image for Farmers Only dot com??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ai inages.jpg (56.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg ami 1.jpg (202.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg ami 2.jpg (106.0 KB, 58 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:43   #2
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Very Scarry..

Imagine this, Amy Schumer creates an AI altered image for Farmers Only dot com??

LOL...I think it would look more like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Little Piggy 1.jpg (16.6 KB, 10 views)

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:02   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Wow - two posts in this thread and we have already turned the hostility knob up to "11" - Put some lipstick on that pig !!!

...and please, step away from the egg-nog - its only 10am
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:26   #4
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Wow - two posts in this thread and we have already turned the hostility knob up to "11" - Put some lipstick on that pig !!!

...and please, step away from the egg-nog - its only 10am

Ha....There, is this better....LOL.....Now pass the damn Egg-Nog...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Little Piggy 1.jpg (18.3 KB, 12 views)

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 12-18-2018, 10:13   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Actually, I was referring to the photos of the digitally rendered female that JJ posted...

...of course it is easy to see how you would have misunderstood which pig needed the lipstick
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:22   #6
rsdengler
Area Commander

Lol....well I did use Ms. Piggy Schumers mouth for Piggy #2, I just added some color...It must have been the high octane egg-nog.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 12-18-2018, 14:26   #7
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Ha....There, is this better....LOL.....Now pass the damn Egg-Nog...
Hillary has never looked better.....
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 15:04   #8
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Hillary has never looked better.....
Is that the egg-nog talking?
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 16:31   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
hahaha.....

I wondered that myself - too much eggnog this time of year can be a prelude to some really poor judgment.
If you drink so much alcohol that hillary starts looking like a hundred bucks - you need to go and drink a WHOLE lot more eggnog before you act on it.

We are talking about a LOT of eggnog...
...sooooo much eggnog

Some of you folks really need to pay attention to your alcohol content in the coming weeks before you find yourself having to chew your arm off when you wake up next to a Sleestak

Old 12-18-2018, 23:20   #10
Flagg
Area Commander

Well I guess Nvidia needed something to do with all that computational horsepower after the crypto market that hoovered up all the Nvidia graphics processoring cards mining bitcoins crashed hard.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:04   #11
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
hahaha.....

We are talking about a LOT of eggnog...
...sooooo much eggnog

Some of you folks really need to pay attention to your alcohol content in the coming weeks before you find yourself having to chew your arm off when you wake up next to a Sleestak
LOL...Yep I think I drank way too much eggnog last night, must have been spiked, really spiked; look who I woke up beside....Ewwwwwww......talk about Sleezeoid, ....Ha, ha, ha J/K...I think that is way too disgusting....

I think I need a disinfectant....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me & c.jpg (70.3 KB, 31 views)

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 12-19-2018 at 08:23.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:30   #12
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
Sorry, I looked at the picture and thought Hillary had gotten a makeover, turns out its just a pig with lipstick.

My apologies to the entire ham/bacon/pork chop supply line for associating them with Felonia.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote