Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 01-17-2019, 13:30   #16
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
How dare the people at Gillette apply stereotypical gender assumption to people that may or may not identify as toxic.

How would Racheal McKinnon feel if someone told her that the hyper-competitive drive that helped "her" win a world cycling title was a characteristic of toxic masculinity?
Kristen Beck wasn't guilty of toxic masculinity, was she? Maybe her masculinity was only toxic when she was suffering her way through hell week...

Dear lord - up is down down is up - slavery is freedom - is O'brien holding up 4 fingers or 5?

Gillette razors must be made out of tofu and fear.

They can get bent - pound sand - eat shit - go suck a bag of dicks Gillette...

Or spandex?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1.jpg (94.0 KB, 63 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 14:00   #17
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

I'm waiting for the next few ads to come out in this campaign of pointing out negative stereotypes of a subgroup of our population and stating only a few are doing the right thing....

A response example (The best a woman can get) can be found at https://www.xxxxxxx.com/watch?v=OLLvjOkBtuc (I found it ironic that the narrator couldn't properly pronounce "femininity").

On top of the woman one, I'm looking forward to they follow up ads, "The best a black can get" and "The best an undocumented immigrant can get" to come out....I'm sure they'll be big hits because Gillette is "so woke". Gotta love how safe and empowering misandry (particularly aimed at those of European descent) is becoming and how it's being embraced...

‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 19:54   #18
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Or spandex?
That is some mighty fine spandex there...
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 20:28   #19
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
That is some mighty fine spandex there...
It is, but such advertisement would, certainly, attract those suffering from “toxic masculinity”. Quite unbecoming of Gillette, if you ask me.
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 20:36   #20
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Get yours now!

Quote:
The Social Justice Warrior Handbook will unlock the secrets to identifying social injustice and surviving in a world that doesn’t care about your feelings.

Whether you’re a militant feminist, social media activist, workplace warrior, privileged college student, or Hollywood actress desperate to be taken seriously, The Social Justice Warrior Handbook will help you navigate the complex, exciting world of activism with minimal effort.

Discover:

What to do when someone assumes your gender
How to infiltrate a right-wing event
How to fake authentic vintage style
How to survive a holiday meal that doesn’t follow your food philosophy
What you need in your SJW bug-out bag
How to do an epic takedown of someone more successful than you

Remember: The only thing necessary for the triumph of good over evil is to tweet about it.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:20   #21
Flagg
Area Commander

I call BS on the Gillette ad.

Nowhere in the Gillette mission statement does it say anything about social justice.

But it says a lot about maximising shareholder value and profit.

Company leadership that sign off on this have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders represented by a Governance Board.

Failing to do so means leadership gets the sack.

My feeling is that some data scientist ran the numbers and said, “Yup. A fake social justice marketing campaign will see a net financial benefit of X more loyal supporters over Y more detractors equaling Z more amount of profit.”

Fake News is to Politics

As

Manufactured Motive is to Commerce
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:37   #22
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

Nowhere in the Gillette mission statement does it say anything about social justice.

Company leadership that sign off on this have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders represented by a Governance Board.

My feeling is that some data scientist ran the numbers and said, “Yup. A fake social justice marketing campaign will see a net financial benefit of X more loyal supporters over Y more detractors equaling Z more amount of profit.”

Fake News is to Politics

As

SJWs are generally per-pubescent....or have beards. Quite the target for Gillette.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:07   #23
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:

Fake News is to Politics

As

Possibly true,, but if you look at the track record for Kim Gehrig, the lead in this ad campaign,, she is a bit doggy and very mush an SLW..

She is also helped by Somesuch’s head and founding partner, Sally Cambell, another SJW.

Quote:
SURPRISE! The Director and Production Company Behind the Insulting Gillette Ad are Man Hating Radical Feminists

Posted at 9:00 am on January 17, 2019 by Brandon Morse

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...cal-feminists/

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 16:10   #24
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Fake News is to Politics

As

you may be right but companies make bad decisions from time to time and getting involved in a campaign that targets half the argument seems like poor business and in the vein of the QP's the marketing dept may have some activist working their shaping a decision

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 01-19-2019 at 19:27.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 00:06   #25
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
SJWs are generally per-pubescent....or have beards. Quite the target for Gillette.
I did see a report that the majority of razors(both men and womens) are purchased by women.....I can perhaps see that as changing the odds for this gamble.

Quote:
Possibly true,, but if you look at the track record for Kim Gehrig, the lead in this ad campaign,, she is a bit doggy and very mush an SLW..

She is also helped by Somesuch’s head and founding partner, Sally Cambell, another SJW.
I don’t doubt you.

In fact, I reckon you’re right.

But I do think this leaves them genuinely vulnerable to increased shareholder lawsuit risk.

Nike, Gillette, who’s next?

If the first two are successful, it could increase risk of others taking the bold gambld(which is what it is).

If share value collapses post SJW activity, shareholder lawsuit may be inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
you may be right by companies make bad decisions from time to time and getting involved in a campaign that targets half the argument seems like poor business and in the vein of the QP's the marketing dept may have some activist working their shaping a decision
It’s really crazy eh?

I wonder how we will look back at this period?

In some respects it reminds me of Thanos liquidating half the population.

Those customers are gone for an entire generation.

Political polarisation, social polarisation, now Commercial polarisation?

In a way, the first example I have personally experienced is with Black Rifle Coffee Co.

I remember listening to the founders over beers about 3 and a half years ago building a brand and a business around a community of people in some ways excluded or just overlooked by the entrenched competition.

I walked into a Starbucks for iced coffee in San Francisco about a year ago in a BRCC t-shirt and was definitely f#$%ed with by staff because of it.

Is the Nike/Gillette thing anecdotal examples of us all either picking sides, or just choosing to be oblivious?

I suspect it continues with other, and even bolder campaigns, until it eventually fails financially and catastrophically.

Then lost profits and capital means lawyers attack the SJWs like starving hyenas.

I never thought I would be looking forward to the day the lawyers get called.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:49   #26
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Any news is ‘good’ news...it’s all free advertising. People forget and forgive and move on with their lives after the publicity wears off.

Dick’s (Field and Stream), Yeti, and others haven’t filed bankruptcy after going against the 2nd Amendment crowd although they have lost a share of the market.

Nike, I believe actually did better because of the add, new customers were created to offset losses of old time customers that burnt their shoes after paying for them in the first place.

I’m sure Gillette wont suffer any long term losses and may actually boost business in other areas.

People still use Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder even though the courts have ruled in favor of the plaintiffs’ causes of ovarian cancer although there is no scientific evidence.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:08   #27
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Or spandex?
Toxic or not, I would be happy to lather up and rub one of those on my face

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:00   #28
Badger52
Area Commander

Yoda say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat in the hat View Post
Toxic or not, I would be happy to lather up and rub one of those on my face
Man or woman. There is only be, or be not. Thumbs-up!

There will be a reckoning with all this at some point, perhaps (likely) not in my lifetime. But, by the by, the predators will come to disabuse these creatures of their Lennon-esque imagine-ations. They will wonder where the men went & not realize they simply drove them away, as they become some of the first ones eaten. Examples abound, even in current times.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 19:41   #29
Badger52
Area Commander

Meanwhile....

Apparently Barbasol is still updating & releasing their fine commercials.

A little "Shave Like a Man" for your enjoyment (you know what to do with the link)

https://www.xxxxxxx.com/watch?v=CzC47F1DTO8

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote