Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 04-14-2021, 16:14   #1
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Vaccine Passports

Disclaimer and warning: YOMV

Making an intellecutal leap for the purposes of making a point here.... I hope there's enough capacity to take this in.

Our politicians and media are taking advantage of hate, fear and anger as a tool of control. Only the people can CHOOSE NOT TO.

=====================================

I think this is a GREAT idea

In fact, here is what I think would make this just perfect.

All of those people who refuse or can not take the "Not yet FDA Approved" vaccine from whomever....we'll make them wear a symbol to warn those around them. Maybe a gold star or something like that.

THEN, we'll put that SAME star on their businesses so people can be warned before they go in and avoid those "unsafe" places.

In FACT, we'll create special parts of cities and towns for people to live in so the rest of those bowing to the political-science mouthpieces don't have to worry about interacting with the "unclean".

Sound familiar?

Pretty stinking slippery slope gang.

Quote:
‘Vaccine passports’ are on the way, but developing them won’t be easy
White House-led effort tries to corral more than a dozen initiatives

By
Dan Diamond,
Lena H. Sun and
Isaac Stanley-Becker
March 28, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. EDT
The Biden administration and private companies are working to develop a standard way of handling credentials — often referred to as “vaccine passports” — that would allow Americans to prove they have been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus as businesses try to reopen.

The effort has gained momentum amid President Biden’s pledge that the nation will start to regain normalcy this summer and with a growing number of companies — from cruise lines to sports teams — saying they will require proof of vaccination before opening their doors again.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 16:23   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post

Sound familiar?

Pretty stinking slippery slope gang.

My daughter & family live in London, so I read the BBC news site. Not much better than CNN.

Tonights search "vacine passport",, 200 articles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=vacine+passport

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 17:04   #3
Paslode
Area Commander

More and more people inform me how they have had their first or second shot of which ever designer vaccine. Yesterday a client called to tell me they had their second dose without any side effects and then they named off all those she knows who have done the same. The same client informed me how important it was not to lose your COVID Card because losing it might prevent you from taking part in things.

The COVID Passport sounds more like a star worn by Jews during WWII.

There are still too many unknowns for me to willingly take the jab.

Last edited by Paslode; 04-14-2021 at 19:31.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 18:52   #4
PSM
Area Commander

A couple of weekends ago I ended up in the ER and ended up with 15 staples and 7 stiches. (Don't put your head where heads shouldn't be.) The two ER docs (shift change) and the admitting doc (for observation) all pushed the vaccine on me. Monday I went to my doc who had a hospital resident rotating through and both of them pushed the vaccine. I pushed back.

p.s.: Woodstock happened during the Hong Kong Flu pandemic.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 20:46   #5
7624U
Quiet Professional

Just remind these Doctors. 32 million have died from AIDS and another 30 Million Infected but we never hear a peep about the dangers anymore still no cure after 20 years. Another 1.6 million died of TB last year. (Crickets)

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:18   #6
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I love how all these companies, sports venues, etc. are saying they will not open until they have proof of vaccination. Wonder what they'll do when they've lost enough money to those other locations? Personally, I'm fine with a lot of those venues keeping their doors closed and it affecting the bottom line of their company.

Besides, it distracts me from watching the peaceful protests going on in other parts of the country.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:20   #7
cbtengr
Area Commander

It is as simple as if you want to get the shot get the shot. If you do not want to get the shot don't get the shot. There should be no penalties for not getting the shot. For the most part during this whole affair my life has gone on as normal, I have eaten out, shopped and travelled to 16 different states by car and plane. I flew into SFO just before Christmas the place was deserted, it was actually kind of nice. I flew home the day after Christmas, the headlines blared about all the air traffic that day and how the bulk of us travelers were doomed. Four months later and here I am.

A friend of mine who is paranoid as hell told me that if the whole world had my attitude about this we would all be dead. To which I replied then why am I not dead. For the record I have had my first shot, second one next week, my choice. You do what you are comfortable with and I shall do the same. Personally I am sick of all this crap, open everything back up and let the chips fall where they may. YMMV
Old 04-15-2021, 07:44   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
Just remind these Doctors. 32 million have died from AIDS and another 30 Million Infected but we never hear a peep about the dangers anymore still no cure after 20 years...
Coincidentally, Saint Antonius Stephanus Faucimus, the Patron Saint of Political Virology played a YUGE part in turning THAT virus into a political ponzi-scheme as well.

A sarcastic politically biased opinionated hypocritical prick with access to a public bulletin board might even suggest that Saint Fauci was "The Bernie Madoff" of virology...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 04-15-2021 at 07:46.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:52   #9
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
I love how all these companies, sports venues, etc. are saying they will not open until they have proof of vaccination. Wonder what they'll do when they've lost enough money to those other locations? Personally, I'm fine with a lot of those venues keeping their doors closed and it affecting the bottom line of their company.

Besides, it distracts me from watching the peaceful protests going on in other parts of the country.
The incited panic (CCNN admits the intent) will result in blind following.

I'll kick back and wait on the zombie apocolypse to result

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:52   #10
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:

I'll kick back and wait on the zombie apocolypse to result
My sister wants me to get the vaccine, I'm skeptical about it. I worked at the FDA and know that it takes years, abundant tests, and trials to approve a vaccine. This emergency approval based on limited tests and data have me leery. I have an autoimmune disorder, I rarely get sick and I'm very healthy otherwise. Who could say if this will mess up my entire system, no one really knows. We all react differently to medication and vaccines.

I'm with you, I'll wait for the Zombie Apocalypse. In any case, the lunatics that want you to take the vaccine and continue to double mask are ready to place you in cattle cars......

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:54   #11
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:

I'll kick back and wait on the zombie apocalypse to result
Love your response Brother! Sarcasm duly noted!

This thread highlights all the reasons I HATE politicization of science
Old 04-15-2021, 09:04   #12
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
My sister wants me to get the vaccine, I'm skeptical about it. I worked at the FDA and know that it takes years, abundant tests, and trials to approve a vaccine. This emergency approval based on limited tests and data have me leery. I have an autoimmune disorder, I rarely get sick and I'm very healthy otherwise. Who could say if this will mess up my entire system, no one really knows. We all react differently to medication and vaccines.

I'm with you, I'll wait for the Zombie Apocalypse. In any case, the lunatics that want you to take the vaccine and continue to double mask are ready to place you in cattle cars......
I believe the vaccines are largely safe. But that's irrelevant. Whether you do or do not get the vaccine will have no impact on herd immunity. Everyone needs to respect your individual decision. If they can't or won't then "F- em"and the horses they rode in on!

Last edited by Roguish Lawyer; 04-16-2021 at 09:59.
Trapper John is offline   Reply With Quote