Quote:
Originally Posted by Air.177

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
::Looks up at the sky and asks GOD::

"I don't know what I did wrong however, PLEASE STOP!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
Anyone been to the SureFire Institute?
I'm in your AO. I can get to you face-to-face quicker than you think.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 17:22   #47
L51
Asset

Surefire Institute

Who were the instructors? How was the instruction? Would it be worth investing in? From what I've seen on the website it looks pretty good, but they also offer handgun, carbine and shotgun courses. What is the quality of training and what type of exercises did you do?
L51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 18:17   #48
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
Who were the instructors? How was the instruction? Would it be worth investing in? From what I've seen on the website it looks pretty good, but they also offer handgun, carbine and shotgun courses. What is the quality of training and what type of exercises did you do?
Bill Murphy & Doug Martin, go to the website and check out the instructors?

Guess it depends on what you do? Are you an LEO? Military?
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 21:43   #49
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51

1. Murphy and Martin, like the SFI website states.

2. Excellent to merely good, depending on where you come from.

3. Depends on who you are and what you need.

4. Depends on the class. The Low-Light classes use classroom instruction combines with live fire and force on force training involving Simunitions. The weapons classes have a low-light aspect, but no force on force.

I think that if you carry a gun in your job, it should be mandatory training.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 21:50   #50
L51
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
Guess it depends on what you do? Are you an LEO? Military?

LEO and Defensive Tactics instructor. Low-light training is one area where my depts. training program is seriously lacking. And we are just starting to use Sims for active shooter and scenario training.
Old 03-01-2005, 21:55   #51
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
LEO and Defensive Tactics instructor. Low-light training is one area where my depts. training program is seriously lacking. And we are just starting to use Sims for active shooter and scenario training.
Well then Sir, give Bill a call! He's an LEO with tons of experience!
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 22:28   #52
L51
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant
Well then Sir, give Bill a call! He's an LEO with tons of experience!
Roger that and thanks!!
Old 03-01-2005, 23:36   #53
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by L51
Well hey at least your not the only one.

L51 GO even if you have to go on your own dime.

Or get a hold of Bill I met him at gunsite a few years ago he's good people. His agency as a very impressive hit ratio when it comes to real gunfights.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck, "The Law"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:05   #54
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Got my G2 today. Much smaller than I expected and VERY cool!

I put it in my gun safe. LMAO
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:08   #55
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
Got my G2 today. Much smaller than I expected and VERY cool!

I put it in my gun safe. LMAO
Counsel, as your Samoan Attorney, I recommend that you take it out of your gunsafe and put it by your bed.

Don't forget lights for each car, the office, and your travel kit.

Fair warning, the one you have will be confiscated by Catwoman.

Don't forget to order spare batteries from SureFire. They are expensive otherwise.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 03-03-2005, 07:18   #56
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Counsel, as your Samoan Attorney, I recommend that you take it out of your gunsafe and put it by your bed.
It is actually in my pocket. Thought about turning off my car's headlights on the way in to work and just shining the thing through the window, it's so bright.

If I left this anywhere my kids could get to it, they would run down the batteries in a couple of days. Flashlights are great fun for them; we go through batteries like there is no tomorrow.

Roger on the cars, etc. But now I need to evaluate many options to determine what I can justify buying in light of my dubious needs.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:33   #57
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
It is actually in my pocket. Thought about turning off my car's headlights on the way in to work and just shining the thing through the window, it's so bright.

If I left this anywhere my kids could get to it, they would run down the batteries in a couple of days. Flashlights are great fun for them; we go through batteries like there is no tomorrow.

Roger on the cars, etc. But now I need to evaluate many options to determine what I can justify buying in light of my dubious needs.
1. If it comes on in your pocket, you will notice it pretty quickly. Hope there isn't another reason that you are packing there.

2. Lawyer, driving to work in the dark? Go on, tell us another one!! I have tried driving like that, and it tends to attract attention.

3. If you had another model, you could rotate the tailcap and lock-out the on-off button. That could save you on batteries. $15 a dozen from SureFire.

4. That is an inexpensive light for what it does. Like a gun or good knife, if you ever really need one, you will not regret the money you spent on it.

TR

Old 03-03-2005, 08:52   #58
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I can't get that Manfred Mann song out of my head now.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11   #59
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

RL.. give the G2 to the wife and get yourself a Z2. It has the lockout cap TR mentioned and is made tougher. I love mine and it functions as the sidekick to my CCW at bedside.

Or hold out and get in on a groupbuy with me on one of the other models... I am about to commence Operation Lightsaber to find someone with connections to get me a good deal on a couple of Surefire lights.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:41   #60
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas
Or hold out and get in on a groupbuy with me on one of the other models... I am about to commence Operation Lightsaber to find someone with connections to get me a good deal on a couple of Surefire lights.
Good luck to you. I'm in if you somehow find such a person.