Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 04-03-2018, 18:05   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander

Saudi Arabia's crown prince ... backs Israel's right to exist

This is going to be interesting to watch.

Saudi Arabia's crown prince slams Obama's Iran nuclear deal, backs Israel's right to exist

Saudi Arabia's crown prince affirmed Israel's right to exist and criticized former President Obama's Iran policy in an interview published Monday, pointedly bucking other leaders in the Arab world and signaling support for President Trump's Middle East agenda.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, 32, told The Atlantic that both Israelis and Palestinians "have the right to have their own land" -- a surprising assertion given that many Arab countries, including Saudi Arabia, do not have formal diplomatic relations with Israel.

“I believe that each people, anywhere, has a right to live in their peaceful nation," he said. "I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land.”

Prince Mohammed then took aim at Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.

“Hitler didn’t do what the supreme leader [of Iran] is trying to do," the crown prince told The Atlantic. "Hitler tried to conquer Europe. This is bad. But the supreme leader is trying to conquer the world.

"He is the Hitler of the Middle East."
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, on Iran's Supreme Leader

"He believes he owns the world. They are both evil guys. He is the Hitler of the Middle East. In the 1920s and 1930s, no one saw Hitler as a danger. Only a few people. Until it happened."

Asked about the Obama administration's nuclear deal with Iran -- which President Trump has long lambasted -- the crown prince sided with the current White House.

“President Obama believed that if he gave Iran opportunities to open up, it would change,” he said. “But with a regime based on this ideology, it will not open up soon. Sixty percent of the Iranian economy is controlled by the Revolutionary Guard. The economic benefits of the Iran nuclear deal are not going to the people.

“They took $150 billion after the deal — can you please name one housing project they built with this money? One park? One industrial zone? Can you name for me the highway that they built? I advise them — please show us something that you’re building a highway with $150 billion. For Saudi Arabia, there is a 0.1 percent chance that this deal would work to change the country. For President Obama it was 50 percent. But even if there’s a 50 percent chance that it would work, we can’t risk it. The other 50 percent is war. We have to go to a scenario where there is no war.”

Prince Mohammed pushed aside his cousin last year to become first in line to the Saudi throne, and he now controls a vast fortune, a well-heeled military and the future of a nation in the throes of sweeping economic and social change.

He is on a mission during his three-week U.S. visit to improve the perception of his nation in the eyes of Americans, who have viewed Saudi Arabia warily because of its conservative social mores, unequal treatment of women and, more recently, deadly military campaign in Yemen.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04...-to-exist.html
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 18:24   #2
PRB
Quiet Professional

What a concept huh.....a Country that does exist has the right to exist.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 20:59   #3
Texas_Shooter
SF Candidate

Assasination

The last Middle Eastern President to do anything official with Israel or even remotely recognize them was assassinated. http://home.bt.com/news/on-this-day/...11364008939883
Texas_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:10   #4
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

I read this as "Saudi Crown Prince supports Isreali military action against Iran".

But that's me.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:33   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

Any shooting of any intensity with any outcome that occurs between Israel and Iran is a win-win-win-win for Saudi Arabia.

He makes a deliberate point of stating that the Palestinians deserve their own homeland; is he suggesting that Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan should all surrender some land to the Palestinians?

Respectfully, anything said by a Saudi is suspect and they can all go shit in their keffiyehs and pull it tight with their agals...
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:32   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
I read this as "Saudi Crown Prince supports Isreali military action against Iran".

But that's me.
The enemy of my enemy......................

shia's against sunni.............. it will never end, and seriously, who gives a phuck.