Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 5th Special Forces Group

Old 01-14-2011, 17:17   #16
HerdDoc
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjefe View Post
I've been vetted on here. The one who has not been is you, asshole. Pound sand up your ass. Don't see a smiley face do ya.
A good soldier does not get emotional. Name calling is extremely childish.
HerdDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 17:22   #17
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerdDoc View Post
Asking for help in exposing a Military Fraud is making a bad impression? Exactly how would you explain that ? My thinking would tell me that only a Fraud would be offended by my posting. They do have a tendency to react that way when confronted.
I know you are not trying to say a vetted QP here is a Fraud. Listen you are in our house and I think you need to back down or your life here is going to be short lived.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 17:30   #18
HerdDoc
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
I know you are not trying to say a vetted QP here is a Fraud. Listen you are in our house and I think you need to back down or your life here is going to be short lived.
I have gotten enough help via PMs to determine whether or not the individual claiming to be a Nam Vet is for real or not. Being short lived on this forum doesn't concern me in the least. What I see here are a bunch keyboard warriors. None of you would have survived in my unit in Vietnam.
Old 01-14-2011, 17:32   #19
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
I have gotten enough help via PMs to determine whether or not the individual claiming to be a Nam Vet is for real or not. Being short lived on this forum doesn't concern me in the least. What I see here are a bunch keyboard warriors. None of you would have survived in my unit in Vietnam.
lol You not expendable, Lambo.
Old 01-14-2011, 17:54   #20
wet dog

It must be Friday,...

Dusted off an old book on Vietnam, (cough, cough).

Hamburger Hill (more than one).

Co B 2/205, 101st Abn., Hill No. (937) May 10- May 20, 1969

Another hill,...

173rd Abn., 3-22 Nov. 1967 Dak to, Vietnam Hill No. (875), only 7 US losses

another hill,...

(882) Nov., 18th 1967

another hill,...

(823),....

Seems there are a lot of hills in Vietnam, not surprising.

After re-reading the thread, not sure how "February" came up or what importance it carries, not quite sure how Jun 10th matters for the 101st Abn, minus an anniversary date, plus, from June 1944 and a commanders replacement after friendly fire, Europe.

I do know Dusty is a QP, pretty sure I am.

herdDoc came here asking for help in outing a possible poser, his neighbor. I'm ready to help if needed.

herdDoc, thank you for your service to this nation.

Last edited by wet dog; 01-14-2011 at 18:02.
Old 01-14-2011, 18:20   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
HerdDoc:

This is an SF board.

The rules clearly explain that. The requirement to fill out your profile and to introduce yourself with your first post were explained there as well.

They also mention that if you step on the toes of the SF members, since this is their house and you are a guest, you will lose.

Bottom line is that you need to act respectfully and avoid pissing contests till you have gotten a feel for the board.

If you just joined PS.com for the one background check and to engage in a few minor skirmishes with the QPs, you are done. If you continue to troll, you will lose this forum as a resource when you find your next poser.

Your call, but if you plan to stick around I would turn my SA on and play nicely with the QPs and staff.

Finally, I would avoid the trash talking about the survival of board members in combat. Many of them have several times the number of combat tours that you do, in a much more austere environment to boot.

Best of luck, regardless.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 19:01   #22
LongWire
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. I am glad you like to pay attention to detail. Apparently the details do not pertain to spelling, however.

"Interests
Skyding, Low Light Photography"

Years ago I did some skydiving myself. I have never done "skyding" however. What exactly is that?
Gee, Thanks for the heads up asshole. Out door is over there.........------->

There are plenty of folks here willing to help you with your neighbor if you decide that you can follow some simple instructions. All you have to do is conform instead of confront........But then again, Maybe YOU are the P-rick..........

Stay or go, decision is yours.............

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"A Government that is losing to an insurgency is not being outfought, it is being out governed." Bernard B. Fall
LongWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 19:04   #23
alelks
Quiet Professional

Nevermind.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 19:23   #24
HerdDoc
BANNED USER

Does anyone on this board know who Leo Kryske was? I kind of doubt it but thought I would ask.
Old 01-14-2011, 19:26   #25
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Does anyone on this board know who Leo Kryske was? I kind of doubt it but thought I would ask.
While you're waiting; do you remember a redheaded soldier named Gelwix in your unit?
Old 01-14-2011, 19:30   #26
alelks
Quiet Professional

This guy?

d95c15a9.jpg

krysketeam.jpg

Last edited by alelks; 01-14-2011 at 19:33.
alelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 19:50   #27
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
"Last night I pulled up the website of the US Army Golden Knights Alumni. The Golden Knights are the Army's Elite Parachute Demonstration Team. I asked the President in an Email if he knew a guy named Leo Kryske. These guys are all in their mid 70s or so now. He wrote back and said, yes, he did. He went on to tell me that Kryske had been killed in Nam. I wrote back to him and said, yes, I know, I was there. I was the medic that attempted to save his life.

Leo Kryske at the time of his death was rather famous in the Army for being a Golden Knight and a member of the Special Forces. He was in my unit in Vietnam, the 173rd Airborne Brigade.

Anyway, the team members knew Kryske had been killed but did not know the details. So, I have been going back and forth since last night with two of Kryske's former team members and explaining to them what had happened that day on August 25th, 1968. I remember that day because it is also my mom's birthday.

The attached photo is of Kryske the day he made his 2000th Freefall parachute jump. They sent this to me. Apparently all these guys were on his team. The guy on the far left is George, the guy I have been talking to. He was a platoon leader in my unit and his platoon had the highest kill count that year in Nam in the 506 valley and Ia Drang valleys.

I explained to him that we had climbed to the top of Hill 506 above the 506 valley with very little resistance. I think we killed two gooks on the way up and we did it quietly. They never knew we were there. We set up a fire support base on top of the mountain once we had secured it. Helicopters brought in artillery and various things like that and we dug in on top of the mountain. It was several days later that my platoon went out on a patrol and I had stayed behind on top of the hill because I could barely walk due to an infection I had gotten on my legs. Several of us were just "hanging out", sounds like todays teenagers. ha ha I heard the distinct sound of an AK-47 and the lead that comes from it's mouth. Leo went down as did we all but Leo did not get back up. He had taken a bullet through the head. We later found the sniper and arranged for him to take the big dirt nap beginning immediately."

Snip
Old 01-14-2011, 19:54   #28
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
herdDoc, thank you for your service to this nation.
Whoa . . . the drugs have taken effect. Wet Dog, take a knee. All we have is his word for how he won the war.

I say pull the plug on the former Big-'ol-jet-air-liner-driver. It's not like it was a C-130!
I don't care if he does have a 40 mission crush cap. I don't like being treated like a stewardess. And I don't like the way he treats all of us like tourist-class outa Bogata.

Bye bye.

Pink means I'm teasin'
white means I ain't.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 20:02   #29
HerdDoc
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by alelks View Post
That is a photo of Kryske, the one on the top, and the other photo is one of myself the last week of August 1968 at the bottom of Hill 506.

Isn't Google just grand. Bottom line, no one on here knew who Kryske was.

Last edited by HerdDoc; 01-14-2011 at 20:05.
Old 01-14-2011, 20:13   #30
HerdDoc
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
Whoa . . . the drugs have taken effect. Wet Dog, take a knee. All we have is his word for how he won the war.

I say pull the plug on the former Big-'ol-jet-air-liner-driver. It's not like it was a C-130!
I don't care if he does have a 40 mission crush cap. I don't like being treated like a stewardess. And I don't like the way he treats all of us like tourist-class outa Bogata.

Bye bye.

Pink means I'm teasin'
white means I ain't.
Look DickFace, I don't recall saying anything about winning any wars. I will leave the chestbeating to keyboard warriors such as yourself. You would be lucky to qualify to be a Stewardess.