Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 08-28-2005, 09:00   #16
Guy
Quiet Professional

Scorpion6:

18C4V and I have been out training thus, causing a delay in answering your questions.

Are you looking at the unit in S.Cal (Los Alamitos)?

Take care.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 13:04   #17
Jgood
Quiet Professional

Missed tryouts in July do to rotation was wondering when the next tryouts would be for the unit in S.Cal (Los Alamitos). Have tried to contact unit with the number I had but no luck. Any Info would be great.

JG
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:00   #18
Scorpion6
Asset

Los Alamitos

Roger that, i have a friend who is joining 19th group located in Seatle and he told me there was a team/detachment(not sure) located in SoCal and was just looking for contact info, and information for what would be needed to make the transfer from reserve to NG and if i need to interview with the unit when i get back, if there is even space available etc...

thanks for the help
Scorpion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 00:10   #19
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Scorpion6,
You got email.

Jgood,
PM me with a good email address and I'll hook you up.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 18:19   #20
Guy
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb General info!

If you come thru thinking "I can just do the minimum." Try it and watch what it gets you.

Take care.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:12   #21
Doc Diego
Quiet Professional

Exclamation

Where's the Northern Ca. unit based and what slots are open for 18D?:
Doc Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 22:11   #22
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Redwood City. The SGM's policy is that guys new to the company do some B-team time before they go to the teams.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:16   #23
82ndAA
Asset

Replied

18C4V,

I've sent you an e-mail.
82ndAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:09   #24
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ndAA
18C4V,

I've sent you an e-mail.
You may want to do some reading here and post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:31   #25
Tom Viktor
Asset

Looking into joining 19th SFG in CA

Hi,

I'm PO1 Lopez, currently serving in the navy and will be getting out in Oct 06, I've been looking into joining the 19th SFG in CA and would like to know what kind of tests I've have to pass during the tryouts. I've been doing PT and forced marches with 60lbs up to 18 miles. I've also been trying to learn some land navigation on my own just in case is on the tryout. I'll appreciated if any one can provide some advice/guidance. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Viktor
Tom Viktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:49   #26
Kyobanim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM VIKTOR
Hi,

I'm PO1 Lopez, currently serving in the navy and will be getting out in Oct 06, I've been looking into joining the 19th SFG in CA and would like to know what kind of tests I've have to pass during the tryouts. I've been doing PT and forced marches with 60lbs up to 18 miles. I've also been trying to learn some land navigation on my own just in case is on the tryout. I'll appreciated if any one can provide some advice/guidance. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Viktor
Tom,

Your first post should be here.
The next thing you should do is read all the stickies. Then use the search button. Your questions have been covered in the past.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 20:48   #27
Geo
Asset

If you are in one of the NG groups and are a non-select at SFAS, what happens next? I live in Michigan. If a recruiter could better answer this question I would appreciate a phone number. Thank you in advance.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 20:59   #28
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
If you are in one of the NG groups and are a non-select at SFAS, what happens next? I live in Michigan. If a recruiter could better answer this question I would appreciate a phone number. Thank you in advance.
It all depends on if you're a REP 63 or a in-service applicant. In your case since you're a in-service applicant it all depends on why you were a non-select. If you're were a medical drop, STAR no go (land nav), or admin (administrive reasons), you could be given up to 3 chances for SFAS. It all depends on what state you're in. Some give up to 3 and other 2 chances for SFAS.

HTH
Old 07-11-2006, 21:07   #29
Geo
Asset

I'll ask it anyway. Who decides which NG group a soldier drills with. Is it simply a matter of contacting the 19th? Or, is it similar to active duty on a "needs of the Army " basis?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 21:14   #30
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
I'll ask it anyway. Who decides which NG group a soldier drills with. Is it simply a matter of contacting the 19th? Or, is it similar to active duty on a "needs of the Army " basis?

No,
First you have to find a NG SF unit which is closest to you or you are willing to commute to (look at POC page).

Second. Call the unit and talk to the NCOIC of the training det or REC.

Third. Pass their tryouts and get ready (administrively with security clearance and medical) while waiting for SFPC/SFAS slot.