Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 02-12-2015, 22:52   #16
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Hey, learn Spanish and swim the Rio Grande, you will have more rights and opportunities than I do.
Si Senior, mañana, OK?
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:45   #17
RomanCandle
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Our government monopoly electric power company has failed. We are having black-outs (no pun intended) every day for about 4 hours. The government has neglected to do any maintenance on the power stations or the grid for 20 years.
They have fired all the white folk who used to run this company, so no-one knows how to do it anyway.
The country is expecting the whole grid to go down at any moment and it would take at least a month to get it up and going again.
This will mean widespread looting and home invasions. Naturally, many of us have plenty of conventional small arms, but firepower is a little lacking.
I therefore found a rare, but effective device. It was originally invented in Rhodesia and migrated south after majority rule up there and was manufactured in SA and I believe some found their way to the US.
It takes 12 , twelve gauge shotgun rounds and I now have it loaded with 000 Zombie rounds by Hornady.

Ah I remember this guy fondly. Back then it was the Armscor/Denel or Lyttleton Eng 40mm grenade launcher 6 shot. I see yours still has the occluded sight. Good stuff!
RomanCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 23:02   #18
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guymullins View Post
Our government monopoly electric power company has failed. We are having black-outs (no pun intended) every day for about 4 hours. The government has neglected to do any maintenance on the power stations or the grid for 20 years.
They have fired all the white folk who used to run this company, so no-one knows how to do it anyway.
The country is expecting the whole grid to go down at any moment and it would take at least a month to get it up and going again.
This will mean widespread looting and home invasions. Naturally, many of us have plenty of conventional small arms, but firepower is a little lacking.
I therefore found a rare, but effective device. It was originally invented in Rhodesia and migrated south after majority rule up there and was manufactured in SA and I believe some found their way to the US.
It takes 12 , twelve gauge shotgun rounds and I now have it loaded with 000 Zombie rounds by Hornady.
IIRC, that optics look like the Armson OEG used at Son Tay raid Old school nice

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 00:10   #19
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
IIRC, that optics look like the Armson OEG used at Son Tay raid Old school nice
The Son Tay guys used the same things that I was using and they were "Single Point"s, from I believe Sweden. When I got home and out of the Army, I wanted to get one of these, but due to the "Radioactive" components inside of them, they were not available CONUS!!!

I did carry one of these on a CAR-15 on a few missions, but my ability to use the "Quick-Kill" thechniques that we had been taught, made it be just "added weight"!!
Later.
Martin
Old 02-14-2015, 00:20   #20
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
"Quick-Kill" thechniques that we had been taught,
Later.
Martin
Quick Kill training brings a smile. It seems that a certain SDS SGT Hunt got shot in the butt with a BB. It's still a mystery as to who would do such a thing.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Last edited by PSM; 02-14-2015 at 00:27.
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:56   #21
Bracholi
Auxiliary

Best of luck to you and your family. I wish there were more than simply words available towards assisting you and yours.
Bracholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:00   #22
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracholi View Post
Best of luck to you and your family. I wish there were more than simply words available towards assisting you and yours.
Thanks Brancholi, maybe we will have to move to Dar. I used to have a room at the Royal Palm open for me, but the owner left for greener pastures, well less green actually, Oman.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:47   #23
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Quick Kill training brings a smile. It seems that a certain SDS SGT Hunt got shot in the butt with a BB. It's still a mystery as to who would do such a thing.

Pat
What? The same SGT Hunt that later became known as LTC Hunt, or rather ole BB butt?

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:54   #24
mark46th
Quiet Professional

One of these, Ambush?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stclair_sontay_then_4.jpg (38.8 KB, 59 views)
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:22   #25
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
What? The same SGT Hunt that later became known as LTC Hunt, or rather ole BB butt?
I hope so. He was a great guy! It would be nice to know that I, er, I mean one of us, gave him his nickname.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:43   #26
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

I went to the range today, and was pleasantly surprised.
Firstly, the Protecta was very manageable and well balanced when fully loaded.
Shooting it was a pleasure. I was using SSG crowd control shells, so they were full powered but the recoil was completely acceptable. My usual rifle is the .375 H&H and this kicked appreciably less.
Accuracy with the un=powered red dot optic was fine over 30 yds. I didn't try any further than that.
I was surprised to find that the gun auto ejected the spent round on re-cocking, so reloading is much quicker than anticipated.
Shot spread at 30 yds looks like about 24 inches. It has quite a short barrel and I suspect that has something to do with its gentle recoil.
What I didn't like was its trigger action. It has a looooong pull and then goes off without any warning. I am sure I will get used to it, but after a rifle, it is a big adaption.