Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 12:08   #1
Bechorg
Quiet Professional

UBRR PT Test

First off, to whoever came up with this INCREDIBLY accurate standard to measure overall fitness, kudos to you. I will tell you that this wipes the floor with the Army PT test because one who appears fit can train for the minimum in those events easily and be in bad shape. (Example would be your powerlifting type that hasn't ran more than 4 miles in his life). While unlikely, I hope that this replaces the regular PT test Army wide someday. Unfortunately it is somewhat more resource intensive and takes much longer to administer, and does not take into account age.

For those not aware of it it can be found at http://blog.refactortactical.com/spe...y-round-robin/

Looking at the numbers, simply passing this test with a 900 ensures that guys are in decent shape. If you are pushing scoring 1300-1400 you are an absolute monster. Anyone working crossfit, HIIT workouts, and long distance running with interval work should approach that number. I think if you look at the guys with those scores you will see an elite soldier capable of short high intensity activities and long runs/rucks as well.

Now that the test is filtering into alot of different organizations, I would like to ask what people are seeing. High scores? Failures of people considered fit by Army standards?

If you found this via search and want to train for it, check out Stew Smith's workout plan and EBOOK here: http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/UBRR.htm

Last edited by Bechorg; 12-16-2012 at 12:23.
Bechorg is offline   Reply With Quote