Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 03-30-2014, 18:46   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Turkish Pol-Mil Leaders ADMIT to Planning False Flag Terror to Justify War With Syria

Turkish Political and Military Leaders ADMIT to Planning False Flag Terror to Justify a War with Syria

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/...war-syria.html

Are Turkish Political and Military Leaders planning to raises the terror levels of a Turkey to draw attention away from internal uprest? What would their pay off be from doing this? Looking like the key players are looking to do some serious shifts in global and regional geopolitics by playing with what is going on next door.

Turkey begins espionage investigation after Syria leak of Turkish political and military leaders planning a false flag terror to justify a conflict with Syria.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A2R12X20140329

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 20:13   #2
Flagg
Area Commander

I couldn't imagine Turkey's government or military would want to get sucked further into Syria's civil war black hole.

But I do know that while Turkey's economy has been booming the past decade or so, I believe they may be quite vulnerable to the next inevitable chapter of the global financial crisis.

Maybe a false flag operation with a strong internal security and limited external military response could be perceived by Turkey's centres of gravity as a means to shape a quite nationalistic population around the flag and the government of the day by creating an artificial external threat, while concurrently clamping down harder internally. A desperate act of political survival perhaps?

Turkey is in a tough spot:

*economically thru the next chapter of the GFC
*continuing with NATO, or slowly aligning with Russia to monopolise energy flow to Europe
*Syria's long-term implosion
*Kurds jockeying for their own state in Northern Iraq and Eastern Syria
*Iran going nuclear
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:19   #3
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I couldn't imagine Turkey's government or military would want to get sucked further into Syria's civil war black hole.
You meant to have this is pink right.

Quote:
Maybe a false flag operation with a strong internal security and limited external military response could be perceived by Turkey's centres of gravity as a means to shape a quite nationalistic population around the flag and the government of the day by creating an artificial external threat, while concurrently clamping down harder internally. A desperate act of political survival perhaps?
I looked at this but without really looking at this. Very good point and a smart one on their behalf if they were planning that.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
Old 03-31-2014, 04:44   #4
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
It's not like they havn't tried,,and succeded in the past..

Quote:
Armenians in Turkey: 1915-1918 1,500,00 Deaths

The first genocide of the 20th Century occurred when two million Armenians living in Turkey were eliminated from their historic homeland through forced deportations and massacres.

For three thousand years, a thriving Armenian community had existed inside the vast region of the Middle East bordered by the Black, Mediterranean and Caspian Seas. The area, known as Asia Minor, stands at the crossroads of three continents; Europe, Asia and Africa. Great powers rose and fell over the many centuries and the Armenian homeland was at various times ruled by Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs and Mongols.
http://www.historyplace.com/worldhis.../armenians.htm

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:19   #5
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
You meant to have this is pink right.

I looked at this but without really looking at this. Very good point and a smart one on their behalf if they were planning that.
What would half pink be?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:35   #6
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
It's not like they havn't tried,,and succeded in the past..
What's worrying me a bit is all the little things I'm hearing about with Turkey, mostly related to ANZAC Day.

I'm blown away at how much hospitality the Turks show to Aussies, Kiwis, and Poms visiting their country to mourn their respective war dead.

Ataturk was a pretty interesting character.

But what worries me(beyond the extremely poor behaviour displayed by some Aussies/Kiwis getting drunk and wearing national flags like frickin' superman on the day) is how Ataturk seems to be getting sidelined in favour of Allah by the Turkish state, and things like the associated Turkish drink Raki(alcoholic beverage) being sidelined as well.

With Turkey's long economy boom(although quite fragile economy for the next chapter of the GFC) it seems like they've gone against the tide of which way to go on the continuum of secularism versus theocracy. They seem to be going the wrong way from what you'd expect.

All I know is I'd like to visit there someday(my paternal grandfather served in the Turkish Army apparently so I've got family there I'd like to meet someday) with my boys after visiting ANZAC Cove.

Anywho…..back on point…..lots of strange stuff happening in Turkey……not least of which the emasculation of the Turkish military's "right to reboot a secular Turkey" when they culled Turkey's senior military leadership a few years back under the current civilian leadership.

Just wild speculation…..but what's the chances the Turks would use a false flag attack as a basis not to get sucked into Syria, but to deal with the semi independent Kurds in Northern Iraq again?

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil...with-Iraq.html

A potentially very profitable security buffer?

Interesting times…..and I'm just throwing out SWAGs
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:

I'm blown away at how much hospitality the Turks show to Aussies, Kiwis, and Poms visiting their country to mourn their respective war dead.

Ataturk was a pretty interesting character.
If I was a potentate and wanted to curry favor, I would allow the Cursed Infidel Dog Turistas some slack so as to sway their leaders to vote my way at the UN and/or EU/NATO.

Many would see Turkey's aggressive activity as a win win. Muzzies shooting Muzzies. How can you lose..

Look at how "HELPFUL" Turkey was with the Golf War. I know, Wikipedia is not the best quotable source, but the gist of the topic is useful..

Quote:
Although neither side acquired any weapons from Turkey, both sides enjoyed Turkish civilian trade during the conflict, although the Turkish government remained neutral and refused to support the trade embargo imposed by the U.S. on Iran. Turkey's export market jumped from $220 million in 1981 to $2 billion in 1985, making up 25% of Turkey's overall exports. Turkish construction projects in Iraq totaled $2.5 billion between 1974 and 1990. Trading with both countries helped Turkey to offset its ongoing economic crisis, though the benefits decreased as the war neared its end and accordingly disappeared entirely with Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and the resulting Iraq sanctions Turkey imposed in response.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War
[181]

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:19   #8
Box
Quiet Professional

...thats almost like blaming a riot at a US Embassy on a YouTube video
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 00:55   #9
Flagg
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
If I was a potentate and wanted to curry favor, I would allow the Cursed Infidel Dog Turistas some slack so as to sway their leaders to vote my way at the UN and/or EU/NATO.

Many would see Turkey's aggressive activity as a win win. Muzzies shooting Muzzies. How can you lose..

Look at how "HELPFUL" Turkey was with the Golf War. I know, Wikipedia is not the best quotable source, but the gist of the topic is useful..
I don't underestimate the potential value to Turkey of leveraging it's ANZAC Day hospitality towards certain Commonwealth countries.

Countries have interests, not friends or allies…..so I can imagine the pressure on some governments on certain issues from Turkey could potentially prove problematic.

Turkey is at the epicentre or on the periphery of a whole mess of major geopolitical storms……in the recent past, today, and for the foreseeable future.

I just hope the country chooses wisely and doesn't completely stuff it all up.

But then Turkey has slaughtered Armenians, battled literally with the Kurds, battled figuratively with the Greeks, and invaded Cyprus.

Maybe Turkey is, in a way, echoing it's role in WWII as one of the main centres of gravity for the likes of the OSS and intrigue/espionage/subterfuge, but "reimagined" for the 21st Century?

Except now instead of being a grey battlefield between Nazi Germany, the US/UK and the Soviet Union it's a grey battleground between Russia, Western Europe, US, Iran, Iran influenced Iraq, Iran influenced Syria, Kurds, Israel, Kablamistani pipelines, nuclear proliferation, the decline of secularism in Turkey, the next chapter of the GFC are to give Turkey a kick to the crotch…..did I miss anything?
Old 04-04-2014, 16:26   #10
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

http://www.economist.com/news/europe...t-erdogan-roll

Well another 14th time. Guess no one wanted change. Sounds really familiar.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS