Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Assessment & Selection

Old 11-12-2005, 00:50   #1
Aequitas
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up SFAS 001-06....Selected!

Well I'm finally back. Out of 384 that started...220 were left standing on the day of selection. Out of that 220 there were 160 of us selected. I have never been as proud as I am today. I literally just got back from the airport and I'm exhausted. I'm going to get some rest and then I'll be back on here to list some things about the training. I never thought hearing "Welcome the the Brotherhood" and then the Ballad of the GB could make so many grown men cry and explode with pure joy. Talk to you all in the morning.

Sully
Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:11   #2
dennisw
Area Commander

Congrats. Well done.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:12   #3
Martin

EXCELLENT! Congrats to you and everyone else selected!

Martin
Old 11-12-2005, 05:59   #4
Pete
Quiet Professional

Congrats

Now that the easy part is over........
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I'm going to get some rest and then I'll be back on here to list some things about the training.
You watch yourself here. You're not just another dumbass from the block, you're a Sluggo now.

Congratulations. Now, beat your face.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:53   #6
Aequitas
Quiet Professional

Good Times

Roger that NDD.

1 NDD...2 NDD....3 NDD

I'm not going to G2 the course for anyone or give out any information that could possibly be used to spread rumors etc. about the course, but I will give some advice to those of you out there that are about to take the first step.

1. Don't quit EVER! They are always watching and are aware of the suck factor. Just do what you're told and "do the best you can." It's all meant to suck and kick your ass.

2. If you have never run or rucked in sand then I suggest you start asap. If you have never Land Naved in the dark in thick wooded areas go find some and stumble around for a bit. The draw monster got a lot of classmates' gear, maps, body parts (yes, we had a kid lose the whole first layer of his eyeball), etc.

3. Don't be an asshole or a know it all. You'd be surprised at the stats on how many combat vets w/ multiple tours either got peered or quit. Just be the guy that busts his ass and watches out for his team.

4. Don't listen to anyone who says they know what's coming next or they have the whole course G2ed. They have no freaking clue. The new SGM there is making the course totally unpredictable from 2 days of star or a 25 miler LRIM this class to whatever he wants in the class that follows mine. They want to see mature men that can handle unpredictable stressful situations.

Good Luck to those of you that are headed to SFAS or wanting to go.

Oh, the MOS I was selected for is 18D and my lang is Spanish Almost everyone but about 5-10 guys got their first choices on MOS and lang. If there are any 18Ds out there that wouldn't mind talking to me about the 18D course then please shoot me an email or private message. Thanks in advance. Also thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement. 18XDad I saw your son's class at MacKall when they came back in from Robin Sage. Atleast I think it was his class, but who knows. Looking forward to phase 2 SUT. Back to lurking in the shadows I go.
Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:36   #7
jon448
SF Candidate

Congrats on getting selected, keep up the good work
Old 11-12-2005, 12:00   #8
Gypsy
Area Commander

Congrats Sully to you and those selected!
Old 11-12-2005, 13:54   #9
longtab
Quiet Professional

Congratulations! As stated before the easy part is over. FWIW... your reputation in SF started when you showed up for SFAS and it will follow you forever. So congratulations again.

I was originally tagged with 18D too because of my ASVAB scores. I was fortunate to switch my MOS to 18B after an unexpected amount of 18D candidates passed Phase 2 (then SUT's). I volunteered for the switch before they even asked for volunteers beating my good buddy and current ODA 18D to the team by a year!

I'm glad I made the switch. That's one COA, an other being to just finish the course and get to Group ASAP.

Glad ya made it! Hey... was this your FIRST TIME to SFAS?

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 17:22   #10
vsvo
Area Commander

Congratulations!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 18:23   #11
longrange1947
Quiet Professional

Congrates!

Very good! Now remember the advice you gave for selection adn carry that forward into the rest of your schools and time in SF.

Rick B.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing it is great on a hamburger but not so great sticking one up your ass.

Author - Richard.

Experience is what you get right after you need it.

Author unknown.
longrange1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 20:24   #12
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Congratulations, now remained focus. When I was running what was then the Special Forces Department I had a couple of SF students officers come in sniveling like rats eating onions that they were going to be recycled because they were caught using roads and not following the instructions provided. I think the exact quote was, "Damn Sir, I was already tested and found good enough to get thru SFAS and into the course when exactly will I stop being tested?". I really don't think you want to hear my response, but suffice it to say that you have just been found to have the potential to enter the training program leading to qualification and what you do with this opportunity is up to you. Do not make the mistake that these young officers did and think that you have this thing in the bag. Good luck.

Jack Moroney
Old 11-12-2005, 21:31   #13
musashi
Asset

Congrats on your selection. I would like to inquire as to why the 60 or so that were left standing were not selected? So even if someone guts it out and never quits he might not be selected? I mean not to violate any rules or G2 the course just am curious what these individuals had/hadn't done that decided why they weren't selected.

Michelangelo
musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 21:34   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi
Congrats on your selection. I would like to inquire as to why the 60 or so that were left standing were not selected? So even if someone guts it out and never quits he might not be selected? I mean not to violate any rules or G2 the course just am curious what these individuals had/hadn't done that decided why they weren't selected.
They failed to meet the standard.

We don't take everybody who tries out.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:40   #15
stakk4
Guerrilla

LOL @ The Draw Monster

I like the guy who said he saw little gnomes and elves at the draws.

"C'mon into me draw, Boyo! Its a straight shot right to your point. Think how much time ye'll save. Come have a look-see at me treasure! I'll show ye me pot o' gold!"

Of course, if you go in, they turn into evil lil bastards that scratch you up, steal your gear, and hang you from trees by hellvines!!

Seriously Aequitas, damn good job. Recover fast and good luck at Phase II.

S
"You are undoubtedly familiar with men who are quiet and strong and seem to be doing nothing. They do not appear to be tense and do not appear to be in disarray. They simply appear. This is exactly the appearance for which they strive. When it is necessary to attack, they do so with complete resolve, sure of themselves, neither overbearing in attitude nor with false humility. They attack with one purpose and one purpose only, to destroy the enemy." --- Miyamoto Musashi
stakk4 is offline   Reply With Quote