Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Old 02-21-2015, 18:40   #1
jsherm
FTFSI

NG to active

I am just curious. If you were to go through sfas as a national guard soldier and get selected to attend the Q course, would you be able to switch to active duty if you wanted to before the completion of Q course?
jsherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 19:05   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherm View Post
I am just curious. If you were to go through sfas as a national guard soldier and get selected to attend the Q course, would you be able to switch to active duty if you wanted to before the completion of Q course?
How about following the instructions you received when you registered.

Post an intro in the appropriate place and fill out your profile.

Then do a lot of reading before posting again. This has been addressed before.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 19:39   #3
jsherm
FTFSI

Really...? I am sorry if I had not posted the question up to your standard. But it really only required a reply of information based on what was asked, and not from someone that lives to rummage through this site all day and pinpoint out mistakes of a post that someone is trying to gain information. Now I am not trying to be rude or start a post war, and I completely respect the time you served in the 3/5/7 SFG, USASOC, 82nd Pathfinders, etc.. that is on your profile. But really this post only required a simple answer if you knew it. And if you didn't know the answer, it required nothing on your part.
jsherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 20:30   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

We don't have time to repeatedly answer the same questions, particularly for people who do not have the motivation to do their own homework, or to follow simple instructions.

Comply with the board rules with your next post, search and read "A Message to Garcia", and fill in your profile.

Arguing with a QP with your second post is a poor way to start here, and first impressions are lasting ones.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 22:13   #5
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post

Arguing with a QP with your second post is a poor way to start here, and first impressions are lasting ones.

TR
Especially with the amount of 19th and 20th guys here
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:15   #6
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Really...? I am sorry if I had not posted the question up to your standard. But it really only required a reply of information based on what was asked, and not from someone that lives to rummage through this site all day and pinpoint out mistakes of a post that someone is trying to gain information. Now I am not trying to be rude or start a post war, and I completely respect the time you served in the 3/5/7 SFG, USASOC, 82nd Pathfinders, etc.. that is on your profile. But really this post only required a simple answer if you knew it. And if you didn't know the answer, it required nothing on your part.

Since you have showed that you do not know how to follow simple Instructions and you are wanting to play the system to get on active duty as an SF soldier since you probaly can not get an 18x contract and screw the NG state that will invest time and funds in the expectation that you will return their investment in you.

Standards - well I never questioned in my post that your post was not up to standard to answer.

Rummaging - well you came into our house and broke our rules. If for some wild fluke you do make it into SF you will understand why you were told what I told you. I do not rummage through the site. As many QPs here we take a vested interest in the site and there is a feature that lets us look at new post. Yours stood out for many reasons so I tried to point you in the proper direction. SF does not hold your hand and stroke your head and make sure you feel good. I do not troll boards and have a job and do not need some wet behind the ears kid trying to game the system to talk to me or any other QP here like you are.

Requiring an answer - no one here is required to answer you and your luckey you have not been banned yet. Your passive aggressive response telles me you need to mature a lot more before going to selection.

Yes I know the answer ...... But would not waste it on some Gen X or what ever you are called, lazy person that does not have the individual discipline to read up and follow rules when they are wanting to join one of the most exclusive MOS in the army. It is not a job but a brotherhood and calling.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:00   #7
Joker
Quiet Professional

The answer is, fuck off.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 16:33   #8
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:

You are an arrogant a-hole...read and follow the instructions, identify yourself with a profile and get over yourself.

If you do not understand the importance of the PS policies and rules then you should consider another career choice.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 18:51   #9
CW3SF
Quiet Professional

The answer is.......doesn't matter. Our Selection process is pretty good at weeding out people that can't follow simple instructions.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 21:34   #10
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Hummmmmm guess our young man is not going to introduce himself........

No suprise. Looks like he is a quitter.
Old 08-02-2015, 17:05   #11
Orod
Asset

Would it be inappropriate to ask for the answer for my benefit? Im also interested on this topic
Orod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:18   #12
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orod View Post
Would it be inappropriate to ask for the answer for my benefit? Im also interested on this topic
Start a new thread and ask your question.