Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 11-07-2018, 15:09   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander

Sessions gone

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mid-terms.html

Fired or resigned I do not care.What I want to see is an AG who has the balls to take the left to task especially the Klintons.
Old 11-07-2018, 17:11   #2
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

I saw in passing the words "as you requested" were used.

With the drooling Trump-trigger wackjobs controlling the house, the complete disregard for legal process is going to get far, far worse.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 17:44   #3
lindy
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
One site remarked the absence of a date.

"There are times in your life you'll be required to perform an exceedingly difficult task to the best of your ability, regardless of your perceived capability. Mental toughness is what will carry the day during these times. In other words, you suck it up and do what you have to do." - Razor
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 21:03   #4
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post

With the drooling Trump-trigger wackjobs controlling the house, the complete disregard for legal process is going to get far, far worse.
That is true the wackjobs will get worse and show their hate but....all things in the lower house must get through the upper house which is controlled by conservatives.

I think that in 2 yrs the Dems will lose the house and more seats in the Senate than they did this year

God bless the founders government design that is resistant to tyrrany.....peaceful revolution every 2 years

Colorado is in for a rough few yrs with the Democrats controlling the state....I was retiring here but not so sure after this year

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 11-07-2018 at 21:06.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:31   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
That is true the wackjobs will get worse and show their hate but....all things in the lower house must get through the upper house which is controlled by conservatives.
POTUS will have the opportunity, sans House whackjobs, to make a bunch of judicial appointments. We will see if some on the right's resolve displayed for the cameras will stick post-Kavanaugh or was just another flash-in-the-pan.

Sporty times ahead yet.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 19:37   #6
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
POTUS will have the opportunity, sans House whackjobs, to make a bunch of judicial appointments. We will see if some on the right's resolve displayed for the cameras will stick post-Kavanaugh or was just another flash-in-the-pan.

Sporty times ahead yet.
Yes indeed if Ginsberg makes it 2 more years without life support or hospitalization for alzheimers or something along those lines I would be surprised.....the saying goes a bill at the lower house reviewed by the upper house held by the opposing party is a dead bill...

The lower house does not have much power if they can't get anything to pass muster with the senate....also I like the idea that the looney democrats got reelected the usual suspects of made asses of themselves for years and really bad the last 2

Maxine Watters
Nancy Pelosi
Elizabeth "Liawatha" Warren

and the rest of the usual suspects
Old 11-08-2018, 20:37   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I do not trust the Republican Senate much more than the Dim House.

Both will sell us down the river in a flash for a little temporary advantage.

McConnell did well in the Kavenaugh hearings, but that does not excuse years of sell-outs and weakness. He needs to show me some spinal stiffening over a year or more.

Time will tell.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 20:51   #8
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

I'm still calling for a "Weekend at Bernies" scenario if Ginsberg passes or loses mental capacity within 6 months of the 2020 election.

WD, I agree wholeheartedly that the founders have given us a form of government that has saved us from ourselves repeatedly.

It's no wonder the Dims want to disassemble it and torch the Constitution.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 20:54   #9
Badger52
Area Commander

I see on the news she fell today & cracked some ribs.
The left has probably ordered a PSD of John Wicks to her bedside.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 21:02   #10
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Colorado is in for a rough few yrs with the Democrats controlling the state....I was retiring here but not so sure after this year
I lived in CO for 24 years, almost to the day, before moving to a better location. In those 24 years, that state changed like day to night and is unrecognizable. Sure, the mountains are still the same but that's about it. I've had many good times there but I don't miss living there. And the folks who are still there due to family and work constraints constantly compliment me for my wisdom for leaving. I hear the Denver area, let alone the whole front range, is now defacto Kalifornia. That really sucks.

When I moved there in '92, there used to be bumper stickers and billboards that read: "Colorado is not California. And that's not a bad thing." Now, that would probably fall under some bizarre "phobic" hate speech crime against somebody.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:24   #11
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
5th Generation Coloradan... returned about six years ago, It seemed relatively unchanged in the neighborhood my Great/ Grand parents lived in. In the last 6 years there has been more change then the previous 50 years and the complexities of growth they allowed to happen North, East, and South has come home to roost.

In our neighborhood the Dim's on City Council have eliminated many of the roadway lanes and painted in bike paths. After about 4 months of this I've seen no more than 2 dozen bikes on the new path along Cascade ( in a mile cross section of this neighborhood there are 6 designated bike paths, 7 quiet residential neighborhood roads that bikes have no problems using, set back sidewalks, 3 roadways that are probably to busy for bikes, 6-8 lanes of interstate, 2 main freight lines, numerous shuttles and bus routes, several ride companies, etc...I challenge anyone to find a more diversified transportation corridor in the whole country.) Many of these bike paths just end randomly, they are not connected. Lights are way out of timing and speeds have been reduced...that with the reduction of roadways has rendered traffic congestion that didn't exist before tripling drive times through that area... so what is the Liberal's answer----paint in another bike path because that's what they did back in Seattle where they hired the director of bike paths from, she is now our directer of transportation

This was the most obfuscated mid term election I have ever seen, These local PAC have named themselves things like "Preserve our neighborhoods" and yet advocate big change like building accessory buildings used for Air B&B's in R1 Neighborhoods ( single family) Generating higher tax revenues and licencing fees...their own voters can't even see the costs and ramifications. Jered Schutz ( Polis....yep he changed his name) advocated for universal insurance in the last election cycle, how quickly they forget. He ran on this platform that he started "veterans boot camp" , reaching into a more conservative venue, I guarantee that program involves many others and it's success is made on their efforts...but hey that's what he is supposedly about. Watching his election night speech he seemed to switch up from his campaign rhetoric and struck a defiant tone.

Edit: This article touches on the issue above, I didn’t mean to stray but point out the efforts to deceive for the sake of personal agendas.
http://safercc.com/krager-cant-have-...strian-safety/

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 11-10-2018 at 14:40.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:48   #12
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

The Dim solution to everything is, “we must destroy it so we can (get credit for) fix it.”

I’m sorry to hear you got a Seattle transportation expert. Taxes must be skyrocketing with no improvement to show for it.

They have done all the things you mentioned and a big reason I left the PNW. Paint bike lanes to nowhere, cause traffic congestion and then try to force everyone into mass transit. That is the plan, because we all need one more empty bus or light rail train using the expense of 500+ cars per day to travel back and forth along the same route to pick up one, two or three minimum wage workers to get them to work or grocery shopping for free.

Regard to Sessions leaving he should have been more forthcoming before accepting the job. The DOJ needed a real tiger in charge not a paper tiger and not one who neutered himself after being sworn in. He should have stepped down before recusing himself and allowed the President to replace him before all this shit had any momentum.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 20:27   #13
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Sessions is out, Trump's man is in, and the declassification groundwork was already laid by Gowdy and others.
Repubs have the Senate, and effectively the judiciary.

The dims are saddled with a powerless House of Representatives led by compromised career politicians.
Their rabid left base will demand ineffectual actions which will drive away moderate voters in the 2020 elections.

Checkmate.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:35   #14
bblhead672
Area Commander

Glad Sessions is officially not the AG finally. His two year absence was a waste of time for the country.

Last edited by bblhead672; 11-12-2018 at 12:41.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:52   #15
Box
Quiet Professional

We certainly live in interesting times.
I'd prefer to enjoy a bit less theater from our government but I think we will find cures for the common cold, male pattern baldness, PMS, and premature ejaculation before we actually get an elected governing body that truly places the nations best interest at the top of the priority list.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote