Old 08-15-2018, 12:03   #1
Hawkdriver
Asset

Thanks

Just want to drop in and say thanks to 7th GRP guys. From JOTC at Sherman in 97 to Afghanistan in 07, I have always enjoyed working with and training with/ from y'all.
Hawkdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 22:02   #2
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdriver View Post
Just want to drop in and say thanks to 7th GRP guys. From JOTC at Sherman in 97 to Afghanistan in 07, I have always enjoyed working with and training with/ from y'all.
Was at Sherman doing some Jungle and MAROPS training with a couple Teams in '97/'98 along with TF 160 and SBU 22 (I can't remember the exact month/year). It was great... no B Tm supervision (can you imagine that now?). Still a US Army base, but in the process of shutting out the lights. Not a ghost town, but almost. The club was downstairs from our barracks and was still open but not too late due to no crowd... Can't remember much, other than the big Soberanas.

... Black Palm, Howler Monkeys and sitting in the Jungle at night in the rain...not being able to see my hand in front of my face and being as cold as I have ever been.

Good times.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:04   #3
Joker
Quiet Professional

And I spent many hours hanging my legs out of the door while y’all flew us around. Speeding down the Chagras river at night 10-20 feet above the deck. Fast roping onto the shoothouses or through the trees... not to mention Just Cause.

Thanks for the rides, it was fun!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:19   #4
Hawkdriver
Asset

I was still an 11B in Panama. Part of the 82nd battalion that went through JOYC and then served as the contingency force. We were OPFOR for the 75th/ 160th rotation in 97.

As an aviator, I was in RC East in 07. Worked a lot with the guys at Shkin, the B team at Salerno, and the guys north of Salerno, but I don’t remember the name of the COP or FOB.
Hawkdriver is offline   Reply With Quote