Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 02-09-2005, 21:16   #46
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

Kramer Regan was our medic on A-2 in Germany in 65. During the annual MOS training the only comment the Group surgeon had was that Kramer should be a doctor. Hiswife outranked him. She was an Army nurse.. She was stationed at the McGraw Army Hospital in Munich while Kramer was in Lenggries. Their plan was for her to put him through medical school. He obviously changed his mind and made a career of the Army. One of the finest individuals I have ever met.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:25   #47
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Rocky was there when I went through. Great guy.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 21:34   #48
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

The Regans -- a short hijack

Unlike most of us in Germany, the Regans had an affinity for "Martoonies". In Lenggries the team rooms were in the basement. The team room was on one side of the hall and the team store room was across the hall. Sometimes Kramer would get martinied out and someone on the team would drive him to work. We would lock him in the store room until he sobered up and report him as present in formation. This was common practice for several tipsy team mates over the years.

I believe his wife's name was Dee. She worked at the ER and when a member of group was brought in for a BAT she would draw blood from another patient for the alcohol test.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 22:30   #49
TerribleTobyt
Quiet Professional

Rocky Farr

When I went thru 300-F1 in Jan 78, Rocky was an SFC fixinta goat a Med School. But he had a slide show from his days as Medic at Ban Me Thout, CCS, that the staff made time for every class back in the day to see. Alla those things that were in the old A-Team Medic kit-the Reagent kit, the manual centrifuge, the microscope, along with the minor surg and dental kits, were all part of the equipment that Medics had back in the dispensaries in camp.

Somma the Chase Medics of note at CCC during my time there were John Padgette, Chet Gaston, Bob Zamudio and Tony Dorff. Great guys all, who'd hang it all out there for Recon Teams that were in trouble and on the run.

And they offered the service running a, uhm, special clinic for the "ladies" of the 'ville, onna weekly basis, thus keepin STDs to a minimum!!!!

Toby

Joe Walker, 1-0, RT California
TerribleTobyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 13:42   #50
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Great thread Toby, thanks.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:05   #51
Martinez
The Team Sergeants Little Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTobyt
To Beaux, Jen and NDD-

Thanx to y'all for heppin post these pics.

Altho, when I learn howta do this for mahowndamnsef, my post count will prolly go up appreciably!!!!!

Thanx again, y'all. 'Preciate it!!!!!!

Toby
Toby, the thanks goes all to you for these photos are priceless. Thank you so much for sharing them and a huge thanks to the Major. The stories and the photos mean the world to me.

Reaper, an excellent photo of Billy! I love it and he looks so good. I never forget his birthday and on 1 Dec Billy turned 75. Upon receipt of my good wishes he sent the following to me:

Quote:
Thanks Jennifer, for the birthday wishes. Damn, 3/4 of a century, too long, but am surely happy to be here to celebrate it. Good luck to all of you. Billy Waugh
I've a picture to add to the collection, SOAR XXVIII, left to right, back row: Rick Hendricks, Bob Castillo
2nd row: Nick Brokhausen, Mini Mack, Jay Graves
front: Mel Hill

Jennifer sends
P.S. I'm a Nick fan...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USEDCARS_INC.JPG (82.8 KB, 120 views)
Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote