Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2016, 17:53   #1
patjhess
SF Candidate

Keeping prior service rank when enlisting 18x

QP's-

I have scoured the forums via the search button. Nothing particularly references my current situation. Should I even be worried about this?

My recruiter finished my package last monday for 18x with airborne physical (approved) enclosed for grade determination.
It came back two days later, enclosed- it detailed my enlistment must be 1 rank lower than I left the service at due to "no remaining MSO" (military service obligation.)

I found a forum on here stating that I should ask my recruiter politely to go back to his "guy," "That they should be able to waiver my enlistment." I also said I would do my research and found the SF recruiting commands number (via TS) and forwarded that to him as well. He says he has a guy "above" USAREC looking into it, response would take a few days.

Is there more I should do to assist my recruiter? Should I just take the E4 and sign away.
I know the recruiter said there is an issue with signing a contract for 6 years putting me at 10 years by the end of my enlistment, (the concern is on their behalf- i.e. BIG ARMY) so he would need to submit an exception to "retention control point."

He " was having his battalion waivers guy check to see if they still have the authority to give a waiver for E5. but with all of the messages right now USAREC has taken a lot of authority away from prior service process"

Any help would be much appreciated. Again I know my focus is 25 m. Just trying to help my recruiter with red tape.

Thank you for reading and for any advice. Thank you all for your service.

Respectfully,
Pat Hess
patjhess is offline   Reply With Quote