Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-07-2007, 21:08   #16
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Time for our regular mention of how great it was having the OG 107 jungles for all field environments
amen...it faded to a nice, non-descript hue...and when worn sans patches and badges was a functional uniform in garrison and field...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
The ACU is a disaster, and matches very little, other than as jammies on floral patterened sofas.
doesn't match my sofa...thankfully...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 00:56   #17
longtab
Quiet Professional

I had the privilege of bumping into CSM Mellinger (the current MNF-I CSM and long-time Ranger Regiment legend) at a facility we were both visiting at the same time. He made an effort to reacquaint himself with me after being a few years removed. Or perhaps for my awesome in-all-forms-of-the-word awesome hair while wearing ACU’s. Once pleasantries were exchanged I noticed his PSD were all sporting the Crye shirts and trouser. And with the exception of the faggoty advertisement and ACU pattern the outfit rocks. But poor love-handle sporting bastards will look like Chris Farley (may he rest in peace) in a spandex bodysuit. I’ll let that thought settle with you..................

Okay… I talked to his PSD (I think he likes “Pacific Islanders” because there wasn’t one hauli on the detail) and they all love ‘em. Comfort, fitment, fire resistance, the whole shebang. Ummmm…. But I’m leaning towards something in more of a Multicam pattern.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~ George Orwell
longtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 00:56   #18
rtsoldier
Asset

Don't want to steal the thread from anyone but just wanted to add this new top is a good change for uniforms. I work at the Army Burn Unit with many of the Burn Docs that have been pushing for this to be made, its shown great potential in testing. Hopefully it will make a difference in all the Soldiers getting burned.
rtsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:47   #19
groundup
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtab
I had the privilege of bumping into CSM Mellinger (the current MNF-I CSM and long-time Ranger Regiment legend) at a facility we were both visiting at the same time. He made an effort to reacquaint himself with me after being a few years removed. Or perhaps for my awesome in-all-forms-of-the-word awesome hair while wearing ACU’s. Once pleasantries were exchanged I noticed his PSD were all sporting the Crye shirts and trouser. And with the exception of the faggoty advertisement and ACU pattern the outfit rocks. But poor love-handle sporting bastards will look like Chris Farley (may he rest in peace) in a spandex bodysuit. I’ll let that thought settle with you..................

Okay… I talked to his PSD (I think he likes “Pacific Islanders” because there wasn’t one hauli on the detail) and they all love ‘em. Comfort, fitment, fire resistance, the whole shebang. Ummmm…. But I’m leaning towards something in more of a Multicam pattern.
I was just wondering about name and rank placement. It really annoys me that they put out the black fleece without name and rank. Now they are putting out the green/gray one that has nametapes. I wonder if they are going to do the same with this shirt. Especially since it is apparently being worn without body armor.
groundup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:10   #20
SITH
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Pete
Who liked the old gray sweats, cheap and long lasting.
Anything that took over from the bananasuit was welcomed.
Some of the most vocal critics of the way things are being done are people who have done nothing themselves, and whose only contribution to society are their complaints and moral exhibitionism. - Thomas Sowell

Open-mindedness is vastly overrated. Arriving at old age with a completely open mind may not be much of a character reference: it might mean you never cared very strongly about anything that ever happened to you. - Gary Sitton
SITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:21   #21
Pete
Quiet Professional

Showing your age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITH
You're showing your age SITH. A few years prior to the bannana suit COL Bynam, the 5th Group CO, got everybody a snappy black track suit. It had white stripes on the sleeeves and legs with a 5th Group Logo in the left breast area. Sharp looking. Second and third orders were without the logo.

Alas, it didn't do well under PT and looked pretty shabby after a while.

About the same time I think the 7th was running around in a green track suit. But they had the same problems.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:22   #22
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SITH
Yeah, but you didn't need a reflective belt with it.

I tried to get one made in E Tae Won with an Elvis cut, high collar, and rhinestones, just to wear to PT one time, but decided that I probably wouldn't get to 20 years of service doing things like that.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26   #23
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundup
I was just wondering about name and rank placement. It really annoys me that they put out the black fleece without name and rank. Now they are putting out the green/gray one that has nametapes. I wonder if they are going to do the same with this shirt. Especially since it is apparently being worn without body armor.
Why do you care about name and rank so much?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 13:05   #24
Kyobanim

New Tropical Deployment Shirt

Doesn't have name tape on it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shirt.jpg (129.2 KB, 83 views)

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Optimus Prime
Kyobanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 13:46   #25
huzza

I never understood the transition from the Desert storm choclate-chip DCU's to the current ones, and especially not the new ACU uniform; which clearly only provides camoflouge for hideous furniture, and baby excrement. The only particular disadvantage I see to the new uniform is often times layering is needed, regardless of how hot it may seem; because tempatures often drop in the middle of a mission as night falls. I would not want my gunner to suddenly drop down, and act as if his turret is a dressing room; seemingly ignoring the prescient mission at hand, and creating danger for everyone participating in it. Velcro is also an innately bad idea, I can account for at least one time when the magazine pouch on my weapon had become so corrupted with sand that the seal broke, and my magazine plunged into the blue depths of the port-a-john.

regards,

George
Old 05-10-2007, 13:51   #26
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

UDT Shorts

At least Kyobanim didn't add in some UDT shorts with that "Tropcial" issue shirt of his
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 15:10   #27
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I wear UDT shorts every morning for PT. 'sup?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-10-2007, 15:14   #28
x SF med
Quiet Professional

NDD- the same ones you were issued at prephase? Have you washed them yet?

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 16:00   #29
82ndtrooper
BANNED USER

UDT shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I wear UDT shorts every morning for PT. 'sup?
NDD:

Go to any bar near Va Beach, Little Creek AB and tell any single woman that your going to be doing PT in UDT shorts. It's a sure bet she'll show up to watch you do your thing. What you do after that is your business.
82ndtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 17:00   #30
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med
NDD- the same ones you were issued at prephase? Have you washed them yet?
Nope. I haven't had a waist that size for a couple of decades now. Now days my PT is for myself and I rely on my charm and sense of humor for other things...
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?