Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 08-28-2009, 16:01   #1
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

General Officer Announcements

Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates announced today that the President has made the following nominations:

Army Col. Robin B. Akin for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. She is currently serving as commander, 3d Sustainment Command (Expeditionary), Fort Knox, Ky.

Army Col. Robert P. Ashley Jr., for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as U.S. Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg N.C.

Army Col. Jeffrey L. Bannister for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander (support), 10th Mountain Division (Light), Fort Drum, N.Y.

Army Col. Joseph L. Bass for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as chief of staff, U.S. Army Contracting Command, Fort Belvoir, Va.

Army Col. Lewis M. Boone for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy chief of public affairs, Office of the Secretary of the Army, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Clarence K. Chinn for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander, 82d Airborne Division/Combined Joint Task Force-76, Afghanistan.

Army Col. Kenneth R. Dahl for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy director for operations, National Military Command Center, J-3, The Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Gordon B. Davis Jr., for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently enroute to serve as deputy chief of staff for operations and intelligence, G-3/G-2, Allied Rapid Reaction Corps, Germany.

Army Col. Scott F. Donahue for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commander, U.S. Army Engineer Division, South Pacific, San Francisco, Calif.

Army Col. Edward F. Dorman III, for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently enroute to serve as deputy commander/director of operations, Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, Fort Eustis, Va.

Army Col. Randal A. Dragon for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as assistant division commander (operations), 1st Infantry Division and Fort Riley, Fort Riley, Kan.

Army Col. Billy D. Farris II, for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as special assistant to the chief of staff, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Terry R. Ferrell for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as assistant division commander (support), 2d Infantry Division, Eighth U.S. Army, Korea.

Army Col. Paul E. Funk II, for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander, Combined Arms Center for Training, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.

Army Col. Ricky D. Gibbs for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as assistant division commander (support), 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.

Army Col. Harold J. Greene for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander for systems of systems integration, U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command, Fort Belvoir, Va.

Army Col. Christopher K. Haas for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commander, Special Operations Command Africa, U.S. Africa Command, Germany.

Army Col. William C. Hix for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as director for operational plans and joint force development, J-7, The Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Stephen B. Leisenring for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as special assistant to the director Mission & Installation Contracting Command, Fort Sam Houston, Texas.

Army Col. Stephen R. Lyons for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as executive officer to the commanding general, U.S. Army Materiel Command, Fort Belvoir, Va.

Army Col. Jonathan A. Maddux for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as special assistant to the program executive officer ammunition, Picatinny Arsenal, N.J.

Army Col. Mark A. McAlister for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commander, U.S. Army Soldier Support Institute, Fort Jackson, S.C.

Army Col. John J. McGuiness for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as assistant deputy for acquisition and systems management, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology), Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Michael K. Nagata for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy chief, operations, Office of the Defense Representative, Pakistan.

Army Col. Bryan R. Owens for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander/assistant commandant, U.S. Army Infantry Center and School, Fort Benning, Ga.

Army Col. James F. Pasquarette for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently enroute to serve as deputy commander (support), 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized), Fort Carson, Colo.

Army Col. Victor Petrenko for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander/chief of staff, U.S. Army Accessions Command, Fort Monroe, Va.

Army Col. Aundre F. Piggee for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently enroute to serve as deputy assistant chief of staff, C-4/assistant chief of staff, J-4, United Nations Command/Combined Forces Command/U.S. Forces Korea, Korea.

Army Col. John S. Regan for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commander, White Sands Missile Range, White Sands Missile Range, N.M.

Army Col. Bryan T. Roberts for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as director of integration, office of the deputy chief of staff, G-8, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. John G. Rossi for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as effects coordinator, III Corps, Fort Hood, Texas.

Army Col. William J. Scott for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as coordinator, Landwarnet/Battle Command, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Thomas C. Seamands for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as chief, General Officer Management Office, Office of the Chief of Staff, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

Army Col. Charles L. Taylor for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy director, Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization, Arlington, Va.

Army Col. Kelly J. Thomas for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy commander/assistant commandant, U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence, Fort Rucker, Ala.

Army Col. Stephen M. Twitty for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as chief of staff, Third Army/U.S. Army Central, Fort McPherson, Ga.

Army Col. Jeffery L. Underhill for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commmander, 94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command, Fort Shafter, Hawaii.

Army Col. Darrell K. Williams for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as director for logistics, engineering and security assistance, J-4, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii.

Army Col. Peter B. Zwack for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as special assistant to the commanding general, U.S. Army Europe and Seventh Army, Germany.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 20:29   #2
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Always good to promote a guy who "effects" things

Quote:
Army Col. John G. Rossi for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as effects coordinator, III Corps, Fort Hood, Texas.
This guy should only be promoted if he can actually remember what his job title is and say it twice in a row correctly.

Quote:
Army Col. Charles L. Taylor for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as deputy director, Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization, Arlington, Va.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 20:52   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
Always good to promote a guy who "effects" things
There is a Joint Effects Cell within the CJSOTFs. They manage effects, like PSYOP. It is spelled correctly, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
This guy should only be promoted if he can actually remember what his job title is and say it twice in a row correctly.
The JIEDDO is an important resource against IEDs, which are killing too many of our brothers.

Anyone else we should make fun of?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 21:15   #4
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

BG Scott F. "Rock" Donahue...

BG Donahue has been my mentor since I served under his battalion command in the 10th Mountain Division as a young lieutenant. He was, perhaps, one of the most demanding commanders I have ever had and he brought out the best in me.

There are a few people in life who actually live by a set of principles that are very sacred to them - BG Donahue is such a man. As my commander, he totally encouraged that I remain in the Corps of Engineers as my basic branch. But, as an officer that had been "raised" in the 82d Airborne Division, he totally understood my desire to challenge myself and serve at another level. Thus, he totally encouraged me to succeed at every step of my journey through SFAS, the Q Course and through all the trials of my career. I keep contact with him as time allows. I wish him success.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09   #5
Buffalobob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Anyone else we should make fun of?

Here's the guy who makes up the list. He deserves at least Honorable mention.

Quote:
Army Col. Thomas C. Seamands for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as chief, General Officer Management Office, Office of the Chief of Staff, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.

SFA M-9545
Buffalobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36   #6
SdAufKla
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor View Post
Army Col. Christopher K. Haas for promotion to the grade of brigadier general. He is currently serving as commander, Special Operations Command Africa, U.S. Africa Command, Germany.
FWIW: Although he wasn't my BN CDR (I had THE other guy), I recall that Chris Haas was a no-sh*t, for-real kinda guy. Glad to see him on the list.
Old 12-11-2009, 15:33   #7
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

General Officer Assignments

The Chief of Staff, Army announced today the following assignments:

Maj. Gen. Bernard S. Champoux, chief, legislative liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Army, Washington, D.C., to commanding general, 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.

Maj. Gen. William C. Mayville Jr., to deputy chief of staff, strategy plans and assessments, International Security Assistance Force, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan. He most recently served as deputy commanding general (support), 82d Airborne Division/Combined Joint Task Force 76, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.

Maj. Gen. William H. Wade II, Army National Guard, the adjutant general, Joint Force Headquarters, California National Guard, to deputy chief of staff for operations, Joint Forces Command-Naples, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Response Force, Naples.

Brig. Gen. David R. Hogg, to deputy commanding general, Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan. He most recently served as deputy chief of staff, operations, International Security Assistance Force, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.

Brig. Gen. Austin S. Miller, deputy director for special operations, J-37, The Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., to commander, Combined Forces Special Operations Component Command - Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:39   #8
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SdAufKla View Post
FWIW: Although he wasn't my BN CDR (I had THE other guy), I recall that Chris Haas was a no-sh*t, for-real kinda guy. Glad to see him on the list.
I worked with him many years ago (CPT then MAJ Haas back then) at JRTC. Good officer, I wish we had more like him.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 14:41   #9
lksteve
Quiet Professional

I'm pretty sure COL Haas was in the last IOBC class I trained...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 14:48   #10
olhamada
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
The JIEDDO is an important resource against IEDs, which are killing too many of our brothers.TR

Is Register still there? Good man.
"And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom?"- Braveheart

de Oppresso Liber
olhamada is offline   Reply With Quote