Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-28-2020, 08:46   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Military,Com Swishes Left

This is not new to as I have noticed the slow but steady swish to the left for some time. I think they should stop pretending and start using the CNN logo

This is the A$$H0 who fired his AK five times and missed. While the car driver delivers three rounds on target.

Quote:
Air Force Veteran Shot and Killed in Austin Protest Remembered for Devotion to Fiancée, Racial Justice

27 Jul 2020
Austin American-Statesman | By Katie Hall and Danny Davis

AUSTIN, Texas -- Garrett Foster, who was shot to death during a downtown Austin protest Saturday night, was remembered as a man dedicated to exercising his Second Amendment rights, stamping out racial injustice and caring for his fiancee, according to family and friends.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...C=eb_200728.nl

IDK, Change my mind?

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:52   #2
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

My guess is that they are either trying to stay competitive with TaskandPurpose.com or else they share the same writers.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:33   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

Useful Idiots

...useful to "who" is what she should be worried about
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:44   #4
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

Foster only spent about 2+ yrs in the USAF before being released early. They fail to mention those 20 other people that swarmed around the car before shots were fired are also be held as accessories to murder. 3 guns were recovered.
Foster AK that was never fired
Driver (active duty soldier at Ft Hood, in unclass CCIR) pistol, fired 5 times
Protester Medic-pistol, fired 3x at fleeing car

Foster approached with hand on slung AK across chest, driver at a lower position so even slung muzzle is sweeping him. Driver fired first and scatter converging riot mob. Driver (moonlighting as a Uber driver) was apparently unware of 2nd slower group of protesters in road when he made the turn. Not expecting them he sounded his horn which any driver would do to warn people in road. Instead of clearing the road the mob assaulted him in his car. In defense and fear for his safety fired on immediate threat which scattered mob, opening road which he got out of dodge. Third gunman opened fire three times on fleeing car. Both handgun shooters turned themselves into APD, were interviewed and both released. More facts as they come out.

Cities need to stop allowing protesters to march along unblocked roads and impeding interstate commerce.

Back on OP's topic Military.com didn't do any research only regurgitating of Antifia BS.

Last edited by Combat Diver; 07-28-2020 at 12:46.
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 17:08   #5
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Diver View Post
Foster only spent about 2+ yrs in the USAF before being released early. They fail to mention those 20 other people that swarmed around the car before shots were fired are also be held as accessories to murder. 3 guns were recovered.
Foster AK that was never fired
Driver (active duty soldier at Ft Hood, in unclass CCIR) pistol, fired 5 times
Protester Medic-pistol, fired 3x at fleeing car

Foster approached with hand on slung AK across chest, driver at a lower position so even slung muzzle is sweeping him. Driver fired first and scatter converging riot mob. Driver (moonlighting as a Uber driver) was apparently unware of 2nd slower group of protesters in road when he made the turn. Not expecting them he sounded his horn which any driver would do to warn people in road. Instead of clearing the road the mob assaulted him in his car. In defense and fear for his safety fired on immediate threat which scattered mob, opening road which he got out of dodge. Third gunman opened fire three times on fleeing car. Both handgun shooters turned themselves into APD, were interviewed and both released. More facts as they come out.
That's a real good synopsis. Fact is, the guy talked smack about others being pu$$ies and wouldn't do anything and then chose poorly. Stick your AK muzzle device up next to someone's face while their car is being swarmed by the arms-bazaar crowd...? Not smart.

The driver, once egressed, was apparently the first to call 911. That is a not unimportant tidbit.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 18:11   #6
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I don’t even remember the Stars&Stripes leaning right of center left. Regurgitating AP stories and not flaming host nations seemed be the norm.

As for Austin, I’ll wait for all the stories to be told(*). (With that said, if someone approached my vehicle which was being illegally detained on a public road and assaulted by demonstrators with guns brandished whether pointed at me or not will very likely receive the same cause and effect.) These people and those Not F**king Around Militia idiots should not be surprised when a practiced licensed firearms holder finds themselves or family in fear and shoots first in self-defense.

(* I have a feeling knowing every Uber car I’ve ever been in they all use dash and interior cameras which will help solve what happened.)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:53   #7
JimP
Quiet Professional

The great news is that you can easily defend yourself here in Texas (against a mob closing on your car and trying to remove you). Elsewhere, not so much. I expect Texas to be pretty polite as the law allows us to actually defend ourselves and is very supportive against allowing others to "forcefully place their hands on you."

We also have a great criminal mischief statute that keeps the goblins away from your property at night. There is none of this "duty to retreat" crap here in Texas.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 13:17   #8
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

What will Big Army do to the shooter?

I’m wondering if the Army folks at Provost Marshals office, or his chain of command will take any actions against the shooter.

Seems there are plenty of Woke officers in Big Army these days. I’m sure one that r more are chomping at the bit to put the screws to a soldier exercising his civil rights.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:56   #9
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

So it looks straight up like self-defense on the part of the SGT. The video seen from the protesters POV and a witness statement from several protesters (minus the very public counter witnesses) back up what he says happened. The dead protester walked up and began to raise his weapon at the driver and the driver dropped him. Long after (depending on your perspective) the crowd had surrounded and began beating on his car.

Can’t find the CBS news source now.

Don’t know what they may do about the other person who fired multiple shots at the car as it drove away.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old 08-01-2020, 09:07   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
So it looks straight up like self-defense on the part of the SGT. The video seen from the protesters POV and a witness statement from several protesters (minus the very public counter witnesses) back up what he says happened. The dead protester walked up and began to raise his weapon at the driver and the driver dropped him. Long after (depending on your perspective) the crowd had surrounded and began beating on his car.

Can’t find the CBS news source now.

Don’t know what they may do about the other person who fired multiple shots at the car as it drove away.
Felony Murder??

Quote:
Felony murder is a legal rule that expands the definition of murder.

It applies when someone commits a certain kind of felony and someone else dies in the course of it.

It doesn't matter whether the death was intentional or accidental—the defendant is liable for it.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:34   #11
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Probably more of an aggravated assault charge, but yes I agree that while committing one felony/misdemeanor crime (as a group - the list of offenses is long) and someone died, that that rule could be used by the prosecutor.

Old 08-01-2020, 14:41   #12
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I don’t even remember the Stars&Stripes leaning right of center left. Regurgitating AP stories and not flaming host nations seemed be the norm.

As for Austin, I’ll wait for all the stories to be told(*). (With that said, if someone approached my vehicle which was being illegally detained on a public road and assaulted by demonstrators with guns brandished whether pointed at me or not will very likely receive the same cause and effect.) These people and those Not F**king Around Militia idiots should not be surprised when a practiced licensed firearms holder finds themselves or family in fear and shoots first in self-defense.

(* I have a feeling knowing every Uber car I’ve ever been in they all use dash and interior cameras which will help solve what happened.)
There are various accounts of what took place. A lesson to be learned is how his past online postings have been brought up. If ever brought to trial, those are ammo to sway the jury! Makes me reflect on all the posts we wrote here. Well, the one who reached room temperature also made incendiary comments in an interview prior to the event. That one helps the self defense plea. Yes, if crowd is banging on my car then one person is sticking a muzzle in my direction that would make the case of fear for my life

The whole thing is truly regrettable. I wish it had a better outcome like the Marine security guard who disarmed rioters after they stole rifles from police car. The interview on YT ie garand thumb shows a true sheepdog With situational awareness set to max!
https://coffeeordie.com/marine-seattle-protest/

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 17:31   #13
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

One thing that was brought up elsewhere was if the driver shot the AK wielder without provocation, where are the countless videos of the incident? All those peaceful protesters surrounding the car and each person more than likely sporting a camera phone and even a camera or two and yet there is a limited amount of footage of the incident. One would have expected there to be a far greater number of different POVs with this crowd.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:06   #14
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Found new news article from the non-news site CNN.

https://apple.news/AJ6MVEUPwRwaFMvP_LKnvDQ

You have to listen to Cuomo and the one and only witness who “thinks” he can read minds. Because both are unbelievable. Cuomo had to choke back not saying “assault” rifle.

As has been mentioned. If the protesters had video or collaborating evidence to share with police and media this would be on the MSM lead story. It’s not.