Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Insurgencies & Guerrilla Warfare

Old 02-03-2009, 09:59   #16
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Team Sergeant,
Thank you.

Well said Mr. Blair.

One could almost read those comments as a bit of sage advice to some current leader here in the United States.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21   #17
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
They will never quit and they are not tolerant of anyone else. Why do we have to change to conform to immigrant....?????
SF_BHT,

That is an excellent point,Why?..............

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:07   #18
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
What amazes me is that devout Muslims demand that Shar'ia law be implemented, yet the implementation of such law goes against the core beliefs of the Muslim world. Without a caliphate in place to rule over such a system of law, it is invalid and unholy. This to me is one of the MOST glaring inconsistencies in the drive for fundamentalist laws.
Doug
I have to disagree with you Doug. Sharia governs everything in their lives and religion, since they do not have follow a rule of separation of church and state. However, the different sects of Islam have different views on whether there should be a caliphate that governs. And IMHO the whole religion is a glaring inconsistency. Since its conception by the warring, raping, pedophile, lying con-artist Mohammad, it has a foundation of violence and deception {taqiyya; according to the Quran, allows the Muslim to conform outwardly to the requirements of unislamic or non-Islamic government, while inwardly "remaining faithful" to whatever he conceives to be proper Islam, while waiting for the tide to turn}

The precepts of Sharia (a mandatory and highly specific legal and political plan for society), which translates approximately as "way" or "path." The precepts of Sharia are derived from the commandments of the Quran and the Sunnah may be divided into two parts:

1. Acts of worship (al-ibadat), which includes:
Ritual Purification (Wudu)
Prayers (Salah)
Fasts (Sawm and Ramadan)
Charity (Zakat)
Pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj)

2. Human interaction (al-muamalat), which includes:

Financial transactions
Endowments
Laws of inheritance
Marriage, divorce, and child care
Food and drink (including ritual slaughtering and hunting)
Penal punishments
War and peace
Judicial matters (including witnesses and forms of evidence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Earlier, the former Prime Minister said: “Out of this region the Middle East has been exported a deadly ideology based on a perversion of the proper faith of Islam but nonetheless articulated with demonic skill playing on the fears and grievances of Muslims everywhere.
IMHO I think he is being rather PC here, himself. From my readings and what I have learned over the years, what they are doing is the proper faith of Islam. Everything in their religion dictates that they will make Islam the universal religion and they will create Islamic political states.
In one aspect, I have to agree with some when they say we brought this on ourselves. We did, we turned a blind eye, we apologized for them, we lived in denial, we had a lasseiz-faire attitude toward their emigration around the world. Nobody bothered to look back at history and take notice. I have heard some call it another chapter of the Crusades, is it possible that that is what we are in again? If I remember correctly, the last major push of the crusades was in 1683, and the Turks were driven down through the Balkans but never fully expelled from Europe. After that, there were coninuous abductions and murders of Christians. It never fully stopped; however, it hasn't been as heavy an assault on the West until recently. Through emigration and infilitration into Western societies through politics and economics, they have established themselves again for another major wave of Jihad (or what we have called the Crusades).

Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh
"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:36   #19
6.8SPC_DUMP
BANNED USER

With our permanent Government's (NSA, CIA, ect.) ideology and the mood of U.S. civilians; I don't think there is any reason to worry about "sharia" law being adopted as a religious freedom. Is there any indication of this other than some Muslims' complaining?

Saoirse-

I don't see how AIG's promotion of a fund that doesn't pay interest nor benefit from gambling, entertainment, alcohol or pork and Muslin immigration will lead to the US adopting "sharia" law.

If it makes you feel better about those damn NY'ers: Unlike your friends here I wouldn't move if you started building a wall around me; I would shoot you.

Added: I did not know Saoirse was female when I wrote this. It was before her avatar and there was nothing to indicate gender in her profile at the time - but that is no excuse for lack of thorough research on my part.

Last edited by 6.8SPC_DUMP; 02-26-2009 at 19:43.
6.8SPC_DUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15   #20
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8SPC_DUMP View Post
With our permanent Government's (NSA, CIA, ect.) ideology and the mood of U.S. civilians; I don't think there is any reason to worry about "sharia" law being adopted as a religious freedom. Is there any indication of this other than some Muslims' complaining?

Saoirse-

I don't see how AIG's promotion of a fund that doesn't pay interest nor benefit from gambling, entertainment, alcohol or pork and Muslin immigration will lead to the US adopting "sharia" law.

If it makes you feel better about those damn NY'ers: Unlike your friends here I wouldn't move if you started building a wall around me; I would shoot you.
I am sure there were many people in Europe that thought the same way you do "I don't think there is any reason to worry about "sharia" law being adopted as a religious freedom". that are regretting it NOW. AIG is not the only corporation, there are indicators that other corporations are starting to play ball. Little by little. And lets face it, corporations (through their lobbyists) help, it not outright, heavily influence how this country operates. That is how it starts .... it creeps! I would not worry about Sharia being adopted if more people spoke out against it. But the IslamoFacists are making it clear that speaking out against Sharia and Islam should be a crime (and if they get their way through those "some Muslims complaining", it will be), thus making people hold their tongues in fear.
If you had read any of my other posts that included missives of my life in NYC (which to me equates as a prison sentence that I have since been paroled from), I find nothing redeeming about the city as a whole. MY FRIENDS there, feel the same way as MY FRIENDS here. Unfortunately, they are not members of the ruling leftist liberal party.
And I will take your last comment with the , as a cute bit of sarcasm.

"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31   #21
6.8SPC_DUMP
BANNED USER

Nothing cute or sarcastic about my last comment. But obviously you won't take my house, you will just joke about it online, so it's a non-issue.

I don't see your line of reasoning. If you think that financial companies would lobby to have the rule of law changed to "shiria"- read more.
6.8SPC_DUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37   #22
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Nothing cute or sarcastic about my last comment. But obviously you won't take my house, you will just joke about it online, so it's a non-issue.

I don't see your line of reasoning. If you think that financial companies would lobby to have the rule of law changed to "shiria"- read more.

Who says I am joking?

Regarding the corporations, a good example would be that IF Sharia is adopted, a corporation cannot be sued for the actions/inaction of it's employees if performed in the course of their work. This is a case that is still pending but it shows where a corporation would benefit from the use of sharia law:
http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1112843.html
U.S. company: crash lawsuit governed by Islamic law
Company is sister to N.C.-based Blackwater

IF this case is allowed to be adjudicated under sharia law, then I can foresee many more CEOs converting. Most of what I have read over time indicates that any compliance with sharia on a corporate level is keeping with the multi-culturalism and the fear of being labeled islamphobic that is pervasive in the PC living West.

Old 02-04-2009, 13:25   #23
Pete
Quiet Professional

6.8SPC DUMP - Saoirse

Keep the conversation civil, don't get heated.

Saoirse - Blackwater is a poor choice to use to support your position.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 15:39   #24
Sten
Guerrilla Chief

You mean to tell me that the islamo-fascists are going to change our legal system?
Sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 19:44   #25
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sten View Post
You mean to tell me that the islamo-fascists are going to change our legal system?
They've already started.

Edited to add:

Here's what they've done in the United Nations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrvi_uGSnuU

Given the chance, they'll do the same here.

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 08-12-2009 at 12:07.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:20   #26
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

In case anyone is interested...

In my readings today, I came across this article with a link to a PDF file of a comprehensive explanation of sharia finance.
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/024725.php#respond

The article, "Shari’ah's 'Black Box”: Civil Liability And Criminal Exposure Surrounding Shari’ah-Compliant Finance," can be found in pdf form at that link. If you are at all interested in becoming informed on this all-important subject, this article is the single best resource.

In the article is the link to the PDF, it's very lengthy but informative.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:40   #27
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

No to Islamic Law

No to Islamic Law
By: Daniel Pipes
Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Why the West must not accommodate Shari’a.

Those of us who argue against Shari'a are sometimes asked why Islamic law poses a problem when modern Western societies long ago accommodated Halakha, or Jewish law.

The answer is easy: a fundamental difference separates the two.

Islam is a missionizing religion, Judaism is not. Islamists aspire to apply Islamic law to everyone, while observant Jews seek only themselves to live by Jewish law.

Two very recent examples from the United Kingdom demonstrate the innate imperialism of Islamic law.

The first concerns Queens Care Centre, an old-age home and day-care provider for the elderly in the coal town of Maltby, forty miles east of Manchester. At present, according to the Daily Telegraph, not one of its 37 staff or 40 residents is Muslim. Although the home's management asserts a respect for its residents' "religious and cultural beliefs," QCC's owner since 1994, Zulfikar Ali Khan, on his own decided this year to switch the home's meat purchases to a halal butcher.

His stealthy decision meant pensioners at QCC could no longer eat their bacon and eggs, bangers and mash, ham sandwiches, bacon sandwiches, pork pies, bacon butties, or sausage rolls. The switch prompted widespread anger. The relative of one resident called it "a disgrace. The old people who are in the home and in their final years deserve better. … it's shocking that they should be deprived of the food they like on the whim of this man." A staff member opined that it's "quite wrong that someone should impose their religious and cultural beliefs on others like this."

Queried about his decision, Khan, lamely replied he ordered halal meat for the sake of (nonexistent) Muslim staff. Then he backtracked: "We will be ordering all types of meat" and went so far as to agree that religious beliefs should not be imposed on others. His retreat did not convince one former QCC staffer, who suspected that Khan "intended to serve only halal meat at the home but has had to think again because of the row."

A second example of imposing Shari'a on non-Muslims comes from southeast England. The Avon and Somerset police force patrols the cities of Bristol and Bath as well as surrounding areas has just issued hijabs to female officers. The hijabs, distributed at the initiative of two Muslim groups and costing £13 apiece, come complete with the constabulary's emblem.

Now, issuing hijabs as part of uniforms in Great Britain is nothing new – the London police led the way in 2001, followed by other police forces, at least one fire brigade, and even the furniture chain Ikea. What sets the Avon and Somerset hijabs apart from these others is their being intended not just for pious Muslim female staff but also for non-Muslim staff, in particular for their use upon entering mosques.

Rashad Azami of the Bath Islamic Society finds it "highly pleasing" that the constabulary took this step. One of the seven non-Muslim officers to receive a hijab of her very own, Assistant Chief Constable Jackie Roberts, calls it "a very positive addition to the uniform and one which I'm sure will be a welcome item for many of our officers."

Dhimmitude is the term Bat Ye'or coined to describe subservience to Shari'a by non-Muslims. Assistant Chief Constable Roberts' enthusiasm for the hijab might be called "advanced dhimmitude."

"Hijab bullies" (as David J. Rusin of Islamist Watch calls them) who coerce non-Muslim females to cover up are just one stripe of Islamist imposing Shar'i ways on the West. Other Islamists focus on impeding the uncensored discussion of such topics as Muhammad and the Koran or Islamist institutions or terrorist financing; still others exert to bring taxpayer-funded schools, hospitals, and jails into conformity with Islamic law, not to speak of taxi cabs and municipal swimming pools. Their efforts don't always succeed but in the aggregate, they are rapidly shifting the premises of Western, and especially British, life.

Returning to pork: both Islam and Judaism abominate the flesh of pigs, so this prohibition offers a direct and revealing comparison of the two religions. Simply put, Jews accept that non-Jews eat pork but Muslims take offense and try to impede pork consumption. That, in brief, explains why Western accommodations to Halakha have no relevance for dealing with Shari'a. And why the Shari'a as public policy must be opposed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Pipes (www.DanielPipes.org) is director of the Middle East Forum and Taube distinguished visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40   #28
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:

Saoirse-

Go here:
http://www.davidyerushalmi.com/Law-O...ing-b9-p0.html

Watch the video. Read the report from the McCormick Tribune Foundation.

Then let's talk...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:56   #29
Richard
Quiet Professional

I think specific elements of Sharia - much like specific elements of canonical law from so many other religions practiced in America - can and will be tolerated until such time as they present more than a rumored infringement of and challenge to our codified system of laws - and then we'll see.

Richard's $.02
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05   #30
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

AIG’s Islamic Religious Activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Keep the conversation civil, don't get heated.

Saoirse - Blackwater is a poor choice to use to support your position.

You need to read about the lawsuit against Geithner for AIG.

"In his ruling, the judge held that the lawsuit sufficiently alleged a federal constitutional challenge to the use of taxpayer money to fund AIG’s Islamic religious activities."

HERE'S THE STORY:

http://www.thomasmore.org/qry/page.t...h=05&year=2009