Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > 18B

Old 01-16-2015, 16:29   #1
Redwood
Asset

Larry Vickers with 18 Bravos in the SFQC

I thought some of you all might be interested in seeing this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztwa4BUpsU

Larry Vickers has several other videos on his page from his time at the 18B weapons course.
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:38   #2
ASoldiersDad
Asset

He films great videos, My son is in Heavy and was great to see what they are going through.
ASoldiersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
I thought some of you all might be interested......
Larry is the real deal.

Larry has been mentioned in a bunch of threads.

Do yourself a favor, use the search function.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 17:32   #4
Bettendorf
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Larry is the real deal.

I do not believe the OP was implying anything.
Bettendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:32   #5
Redwood
Asset

Quote:
Larry is the real deal.

I've read about Mr. Vickers and understand that he is a very knowledgeable professional.

I was not questioning his credibility, I just wanted to share a video I thought might interest you all.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:37   #6
Redwood
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASoldiersDad View Post
He films great videos, My son is in Heavy and was great to see what they are going through.
Congratulations to your son; I am sure you are proud of him. Happy early Father's Day!
Old 06-17-2015, 07:54   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettendorf View Post
I do not believe the OP was implying anything.
Not my intent to "imply" anything either.

As a new member, I was encouraging Redwood to use the search function to verify his findings, before posting.

QP Vickers has been mentioned in 90 posts and he exploits are well known to many readers here.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 15:33   #8
Redwood
Asset

Quote:
Not my intent to "imply" anything either.

As a new member, I was encouraging Redwood to use the search function to verify his findings, before posting.

QP Vickers has been mentioned in 90 posts and he exploits are well known to many readers here.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will be sure to check out more of the posts regarding Mr. Vickers as he is a very interesting man that I'd like to read even more about.

I already had a general understanding of his background and military service, so I do not understand what you are suggesting I need to verify before posting. None of the other threads had mentioned this video (which was somewhat obscure as nothing in the title or description eluded to SF), thus I thought my posting it here on a forum widely used by Quiet Professionals and those interested in SF would allow interested parties to watch a relevant video that they might not have seen otherwise.

I believe that my post only furthered to shine light on Mr. Vicker's exploits so that even more readers can become aware of the work that he does.
Old 06-17-2015, 15:58   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I believe that my post only furthered to shine light on Mr. Vicker's exploits so that even more readers can become aware of the work that he does.

And I believe you're missing the point. In our world Mr. Vickers is an everyday kinda guy. You might ought to be posting his wonderful exploits in/on another website for those that "do not" know him. As was pointed out, we know who he is..... he's just another great American.
Old 06-17-2015, 16:09   #10
Redwood
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
And I believe you're missing the point. In our world Mr. Vickers is an everyday kinda guy. You might ought to be posting his wonderful exploits in/on another website for those that "do not" know him. As was pointed out, we know who he is..... he's just another great American.
Roger that. For an outsider it was interesting to see 18 bravos in training. That's why I originally wanted to share. I also thought that former QPs may enjoy a video showing current Special Forces soldiers in training. Mr. Vickers is definitely in good company.
Old 06-17-2015, 18:42   #11
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I also thought...
No. You're not thinking. You're posting retarded comments to men who have stood next to Mr Vickers.

Less typee, more readee.

¿Me entiendes Mendes?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote