Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 05-26-2011, 10:44   #1
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Rep. Barney Frank Admits to Helping Ex-Lover Land Job at Fannie Mae

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ob-fannie-mae/

Rep. Barney Frank says there was no conflict of interest in him helping his former lover secure a job with Fannie Mae 20 years ago while he was on the committee charged with overseeing the lending giant.

"It is a common thing in Washington for members of Congress to have spouses work for the federal government," Frank told the Boston Herald Wednesday night. "There is no rule against it at all."

Frank explained to the newspaper that he helped his ex-companion, Herb Moses, get a job at Fannie Mae in 1991 when one of its executives approached him about Moses, who had graduated with a master's degree in business administration from Dartmouth College and had applied for a job at the mortgage company.

Frank, who was a junior member of the House Financial Services Committee at the time, said he told the executive that he thought Moses would be "great" for the " entry-level position."

When asked if he should have revealed his efforts to help Moses, Frank told the newspaper, "It was widely known. It was out there in the public. It's nonsense."

But Republicans have a different view.

"Just when you think you've heard the worst, Democrats in Massachusetts take shameless politics to a new low," said Tory Mazzola, spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. "The fact that Barney Frank didn't see this as a conflict of interest is alarming by itself, but it's so deceitful that it really shows voters that he's not looking out for them in Washington."

Snip
Old 05-26-2011, 11:01   #2
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

"Just when you think you've heard the worst, Democrats in Massachusetts take shameless politics to a new low," said Tory Mazzola, spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. "The fact that Barney Frank didn't see this as a conflict of interest is alarming by itself, but it's so deceitful that it really shows voters that he's not looking out for them in Washington."

Not Barney Frank,that's too hard to believe............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 13:05   #3
JimP
Quiet Professional

This is real interesting, in the ethics cesspool that is Barney Frank, this is small-beans. The problem is that the fool sees nothing wrong with it. Were any of us to try this crap, the Joint Ethics Regulation would have us up on charges real fast, quick and in a hurry. The fact that Barney can prey upon congressional pages; run a male prostitution ring out of his tax-payer funded townhouse; assist his "partner" (as far as the profligate little tonsil-jockey can claim monogomy) in growing marijuana; lie to the American taxpayer on the financial status of Fannie-May//Freddie-Mac; etc...etc... with relative impunity speaks volumes not only on the lunacy that is the Massachusetts voter, but on the state of affairs where we would allow this buffoonery to occur in the first place.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 13:10   #4
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
This is real interesting, in the ethics cesspool that is Barney Frank, this is small-beans. The problem is that the fool sees nothing wrong with it. Were any of us to try this crap, the Joint Ethics Regulation would have us up on charges real fast, quick and in a hurry. The fact that Barney can prey upon congressional pages; run a male prostitution ring out of his tax-payer funded townhouse; assist his "partner" (as far as the profligate little tonsil-jockey can claim monogomy) in growing marijuana; lie to the American taxpayer on the financial status of Fannie-May//Freddie-Mac; etc...etc... with relative impunity speaks volumes not only on the lunacy that is the Massachusetts voter, but on the state of affairs where we would allow this buffoonery to occur in the first place.
This is an outstanding post.
Old 05-26-2011, 13:24   #5
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
"There is no rule against it at all."
That is all that matters.....
Old 05-26-2011, 13:26   #6
Pete
Quiet Professional

20 years ago - old news

The fact that the toy got the job has been kicked around for years.

At least it pays better than being a pimp in your home based whore house.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23   #7
Geenie
Guerrilla

Wink well, this is new

I'm sure this is the first time a congressman has engaged in nepotism
Geenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27   #8
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie View Post